Preemies

Pregnancy after Preterm Birth

Hi everyone!  I'm 38 and currently 6 weeks along with baby #2.  My son was born prematurely at 27 weeks for unknown reasons, the pregnancy was otherwise healthy and uneventful.  It was classified as premature rupture of membranes.  The NICU stay was long and incredibly difficult but he is now a healthy happy 3 year old! 

So needless to say,  I'm anxious about this pregnancy.  I'll be taking progesterone shots starting at 16 weeks but I'm looking for any additional suggestions for a healthy, full term pregnancy.  I've heard that red raspberry leaf teas can be beneficial.  Any thoughts? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pregnancy after Preterm Birth

• Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Sorry I have no great advice to give.  My last 2 have both been preemies.  Following the responses though; I'd love to make it to FT with this one.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had my first at 36 weeks, just spontaneous labor and I just had my second at 38 weeks. With my second I got steroid shots at 32 weeks because I was already dilating, they put me on pelvic rest till 35 weeks and I made it to 38 weeks. So taking it easy really does help!

Raspberry leaf tea is drank at the end of pregnancy to help soften the cervix, so no I wouldn't drink it.