February 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change (11/10)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What's one past time/activity/sport you like to do with just you and your SO?
First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: Thursday Ticker Change (11/10)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kswiger06 " I think in my OB's practice, the bi-weekly appts start at 30 weeks. I have a feeling that tomorrow she's gonna tell me "see you in 3 weeks" and then start bi-weekly. Either way, time is flying and we're in the home stretch!! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 25 weeks

How big is baby? size of a califlower

When is your next appointment? the 30th, I get to do the oh-so-fun glucose test

Symptom changes? just lack of energy and a lot of movements from the little man

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What's one past time/activity/sport you like to do with just you and your SO? We like to go up north to my in-laws cabin, to fish, 4-wheel and cruise around the lake on the pontoon. 
  • Options

@concreteangell  I moved my appointments from Thursday to Tuesday when we went on vacation. My Tuesday appointment I'll still be 27 weeks, but it's technically my 28 week appointment. My next one, if at 30 weeks, will be 2 weeks from tuesday. But just to know that we are so close to 30 weeks is crazy!!! How did your appointments end up falling on the Friday before?

On another note, yesterday at my glucose test, the stinking finger prick made me jump... I even told the girl doing it I'm a baby about it. When I jumped I pulled my finger back on accident and said "OW!!" she said "you're killing me" lol when I went back there after my hour was up, the girl who drew my blood remembered my finger prick so said she was using a smaller needle than they usually use lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 I think they try and follow the system of every "4 weeks, 3 weeks, bi-weekly and weekly" but considering my OB seems to be constantly overbooked, they just schedule me when they can and try to respect it as much as possible. 

I had said that the doc would probably see me in 3 weeks (for my 30 week appt) but turns out there was no availability so I'm booked in 4 weeks once again, on dec 9th at 31 weeks. Considering I have a low risk pregnancy, it's no biggie according to them so I'm grateful. 4 weeks it is.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    25 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Prairie dog
    When is your next appointment? 
    11/18!
    Symptom changes? 
    Sore back and legs and less energy
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What's one past time/activity/sport you like to do with just you and your SO?
    We go to the range and target shoot. Like @kswiger06, it starts out fun and turns competitive lol...sometimes involving other people at the range and my hubby likes to say "hey, how about you versus my wife? let's see who can nail the longest target more times!" Not to toot my own horn, but I am pretty darn good....and last time this happened I beat a guy who just got home from the Army....and he was a sore loser hehe.    

• Options
    @concreteangell wow, your OB seems busy! I think since when I schedule mine with a conversation like "what day and time is good for you?" And me say "oh it doesn't matter" then they say "how's ______ or would you like _____ time instead?" Lol I didn't think about other places being so busy. 

I know it's tuesday, but thought I'd update you ladies anyway, in case anyone is interested. I passed my 1 hr glucose test. I am moved up to biweekly appointments  (it feels so close to DD when that happened) and I haven't shared this yet, but at my 20 week ultrasound, they found my placenta position is abnormal and has a curve in it. So I have a follow up ultrasound in 2 weeks, so I'm slightly nervous now because I also had contractions (Braxton hicks) all day Friday that were only 7 minutes apart. It's so nerve-wracking. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 yikes that is nerve-wracking! Fingers crossed that all goes well at your next ultrasound and they get a better idea of what's going on with your placenta's position. Good luck and keep us posted :) 
  • Options
    @kswiger06 glad you passed your glucose test!  And fingers crossed for your u/s.  I can imagine that's nerve wracking.  Hang in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 hooray for passing the glucose test! Not having to drink that orange stuff again, amongst other things, is a win. I've also got my fingers crossed for you, hoping that your next u/s clears up any and all concerns! Sending good vibes your way. 
  • Options
    @kswiger06 I'll be praying everything is clear on your next US!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @kswiger06 - OMG I don't know how i missed your posting. My thoughts are with you, sending positive vibes and hugs!