June 2017 Moms

PGAL Check In Week of 11/7

Re: PGAL Check In Week of 11/7

• I have an appt Friday and am getting anxious again.  Any positive thoughts would be welcome!!  I love the support of this thread.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• @FSUNole31 Sending you all the good appointment juju that I can! Let us know how it goes!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    Around 7.5 weeks

How are you doing? 
    Doing ok. Nausea comes and goes, heartburn has kicked in, and I'm still so darn tired. Need to ask my ob for her thoughts on the heartburn - I ended up on Nexium with DD.

When is your next appointment?   
    Tomorrow! Saw a flicker of a heartbeat two weeks ago, but too small to actually measure and set a due date. Fingers crossed....

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    Minor preggo brain is here - I led a big meeting the past two days, and realized this morning that I'd left the notes in the meeting room. Someone is trying to find them....oops.

GTKY: What is the oddest/most off-hand compliment anyone has ever given you? 
    "You ask very direct questions"
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • @FSUNole31 Wishing you the best!! Stay calm and just think positive thoughts :)
    Me: 28  DH: 30
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
    BFP #1 1/14/16, MC 3/23/16
    BFP #2 9/21/2016, EDD 5/30/2017
  • I go in for the 2nd ultrasound in less than 2 hours... I really didn't think I would be that nervous since my OB said it all looked good and the levels were appropriate for what I measured at last visit... but I woke up this morning and my anxiety hit me at full speed. I'm literally so scared that I am physically shaking... even in my voice. Hard core PGAL brain going on right now  :(
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @BellaO21 Please take care of yourself- the anxiety doesn't help anyone. Wishing you all the best and please keep us updated!
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
  • @BellaO21 Hang in there - you'll have answers soon!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • @BellaO21 Good luck today!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/
  • First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Introduce yourself
    Not my first time, but recap. This is my 4th pregnancy. I have a DD who is almost three and two prior losses.

How far along are you? 
    6w6d

How are you doing? 
    I was feeling cautiously optimistic until Monday. I received some abnormal blood screening results that require further testing. Hoping the first one is a false positive the second one was negative. They took a new sample to confirm. I also hate that cramping can be completely normal or something worrisome. I'm trying to have some chill about it, but am still kind of anxious.

When is your next appointment?   
    11/17... wish it was sooner!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    Just ready for Thanksgiving to have 5+days off! Some with family and some just quietly hanging out at home. After Daylight Savings I'm always ready to hibernate on the couch with my book or netflix.

GTKY: What is the oddest/most off-hand compliment anyone has ever given you? 
    I once had an intern say to me: "I really like your dress and your boots. But I definitely like your boots more they remind me of Batman!." Just tell me you like my boots and dress. Full stop.
  • So my sonoline b doppler came in the mail today. I know that it's early, 9 weeks 1 day, and I don't know what I'm doing.... but I was really hoping to find the hb!! I tried for about 30 minutes and gave up. I see this becoming an obsession over the next days/weeks until I hear it!
  • @BellaO21 thinking of you! I hope everything goes great! <3
  • @MKRLTX are you sure you are looking low enough? I am almost 11 weeks and I found it right at the hairline. Also- don't drive yourself too crazy. If you can't find it in 10 minutes wait a couple days and try again :smile:
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
  • @Mashunya425 I was checking pretty low but I only heard what I think was my hb and some whooshing sounds. I promised myself that I wouldn't stress over it, and so far so good. I'm sure I'll be trying once a day though. My next appt isn't until the 28th when I will be one day shy of 12 weeks, so hopefully I'll have found it by then!

@BellaO21 That is great news!!
  • @MKRLTX thank you! Also... where did you order your Doppler from? I may order one within the next few weeks to keep my mind sane lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @BellaO21 and @NamelessAria I'm so glad that you both had great ultrasounds!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/
  • I ordered mine from Baby Doppler USA. I ordered it on Monday and got it today, free shipping also!
    AND I'm happy to report that I tried again after work and found the hb! It was faint so the monitor didn't register the number but I counted 168bpm which is close to what it was at my ultrasound. There's nothing better than that train track/ galloping horse sound. I was able to record it before I lost it so I can play it for DH when he gets home.  
  • @BellaO21 I'm glad everything went well! PGAL brain is the worst but I know for me it's always a lot better after a an appointment that went well.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @BellaO21 awesome news about the great appointment!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Had a great appt and heard the heartbeat!!!!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Ladies, I'm letting my silly superstitious brain get to me a bit. I'm paranoid about having ordered our Christmas cards yesterday announcing our pregnancy. As a refresher, my first ultrasound was at 5w6d and they saw a yolk sac, but no baby yet. My next ultrasound is this upcoming Monday the 14th and that's when we plan on telling our parents and sisters. The Christmas card is the announcement for the rest of our family and close friends. I'm just getting lost in my head that I jumped the gun on ordering the cards without actually seeing a baby or even hearing a heartbeat. Someone please tell me I'm just being silly :disappointed:
  • @sarahannexvi I completely get it.  I haven't ordered the "baby" stocking yet for our announcement because I'm paranoid. My next appointment isn't until the 28th though so I'm going to have to pull the trigger one of these days  
    It sounds like everything was on track at your last ultrasound so I'm sure you'll be just fine!! try not to worry about it!  You'll have to share what you ordered with us when it comes. I love seeing announcements.
  • @sarahannexvi odds are everything will be good, but I totally get over thinking it. I don't think I even have the energy to send out Christmas cards this year.

I had a dream last night that I had a miscarriage. Ugh. It sucked. And today I've had the worst pgal brain. I keep expecting blood every time I go to the bathroom, even though I have no reason except for my bad dream.
  • @sarahannexvi I completely get it.  Hopefully your next appointment will be awesome though.  Keep thinking those positive thoughts!!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @MKRLTX this is a screenshot from the order  :) sorry if it's huge 

@mrt I am the same way when I go to the bathroom even just have cm throughout the day. So frustrating.  
  • @sarahannexvi love that announcement, so cute!!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Gah. We are doing our announcement/Christmas card pictures today and I started spotting. 
    Everythings ok with baby, heartbeat is 180 and strong as can be (thank goodness for Doppler at home), but now I can't shake this anxiety. Ugh. 
  • @halfthetree Did you call your doc? Mine is a fan of a call for any spotting / bleeding at this point (more now so that I have an SCH.....). Sending creepy internet stranger hugs your way.
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • @halfthetree thinking of you!!  ❤️
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Thanks for the love! 

I didnt call my midwife, but I went to a walk in clinic where I got an ultrasound requisition. I see my midwife Thursday so this way I can go Monday, and she will have the results when I go see her. Times like this I wish I had an OB who had an ultrasound in clinic, but there aren't any in my area who practice like that.

Ive abused my Doppler today, baby is fine everytime I check, so my anxiety is lowering slowly. I've had a SCH in previous pregnancies, but I will be a lot calmer once I know where the bleed is
  • @halfthetree so good to hear that everything is okay! I hope you'll show us your Christmas card, too! They're so much fun  :)
  • I know pregnancy dreams are bad but this is nuts I go from having good dreams to waking because I thought the dreams were really, the one was I was having a miscarriage I was terrified to go to the bathroom after I woke up because I though it was real. And on top I'm barley eating I feel like crap can't even cook cause I feel I'll throw up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I know pregnancy dreams are bad but this is nuts I go from having good dreams to waking because I thought the dreams were really, the one was I was having a miscarriage I was terrified to go to the bathroom after I woke up because I though it was real. And on top I'm barley eating I feel like crap can't even cook cause I feel I'll throw up.
    I'm sorry about the nightmares. I can definitely relate. Before my last ultrasound I had this very vivid, real feeling dream about waking up to get ready to go to the ultrasound and having really bad cramps, going to the toilet and seeing lots of blood with clots and stuff. I woke up in a panic and rushed to the bathroom scared I'd see blood but everything was fine. PGAL nightmares are terrible. 

As to the eating, has your doctor recommended anything to help with the nausea? If not you may want to try doxylamine and B6 together since those are the active ingredients in Diclegis. I've seen a lot of ladies swear the combination worked wonders for them. If you're not sure about taking them you could also run it by your doctor but they're both pregnancy safe. Hopefully you can find something that works for you so you start to feel better.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I just had a bad dream last night, too. I dreamt that I went to the bathroom and there was blood everywhere and of course when I woke up I immediately looked. 
    I'm sorry about the nightmares. I can definitely relate. Before my last ultrasound I had this very vivid, real feeling dream about waking up to get ready to go to the ultrasound and having really bad cramps, going to the toilet and seeing lots of blood with clots and stuff. I woke up in a panic and rushed to the bathroom scared I'd see blood but everything was fine. PGAL nightmares are terrible. 

As to the eating, has your doctor recommended anything to help with the nausea? If not you may want to try doxylamine and B6 together since those are the active ingredients in Diclegis. I've seen a lot of ladies swear the combination worked wonders for them. If you're not sure about taking them you could also run it by your doctor but they're both pregnancy safe. Hopefully you can find something that works for you so you start to feel better.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my first appt with my midwife, I have had two ultrasounds and they were suppose to get the results in a week from my last one so Friday that passed so hopefully I hear back soon to set up my appt. So haven't had any opportunity to talk with them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am 8w5d today and my first appointment is this afternoon. This is my first prenatal appointment being PGAL and whoa, it is a mind F. Last time around my appointment was at 9w6d and they told me baby stopped growing at 7w4d.  Also, I got my BFP a little later in this pregnancy than all my others so, on one hand, I won't be surprised to hear that baby is a few days less than what my LMP says, but, on the other hand, if baby doesn't measure right on with my LMP, I will probably freak out. I am going to try to keep myself very busy at work until then but all I can imagine is being told there is no hb and walking away in despair instead of elation.  Ugggghhhh.

For those of you who had an u/s at 8w, did they do it vaginally or on belly?  With my previous pregnancies, I recall going in at week 8 and they did it vaginally. Last time, though, they thought I was almost 10w so they first tried on the belly. Then when she saw that the baby was smaller than expected, they switched to vaginally. I don't even know if I will get an u/s today but just curious about everyone's experience with this.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @JAGinMI Huge hugs, hoping your morning flies by and your appointment is nothing but positive! 
    Please let us know how it goes! 

I think 8 weeks is the threshold for trying ultrasound on the tummy instead of vaginally. You could ask that they try it there first. Drink 2-3 glasses of water an hour before your appointment so your bladder is full.

• I had an ultra sound at 8 weeks 5 days and they did it vaginally. Sending hugs for a good appointment!