Pregnant after IF

3rd tri- week of 11/7

mskeenanmskeenan member
edited November 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently. I feel like I missed adding someone last week so holler if you need to be added ! 

QOTW: what is your current comfort food or activity ? 

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@ZoeFer: EDD 11/14/16 with a little girl
@Rachd110: EDD 11/19/16 on team green
@mskeenan: EDD 11/20/16 with a little boy
@capps42613: EDD 12/6/16 with a little boy
@kuposa17: EDD 12/7/16 with a little boy
@erica0901: EDD 12/8/16 with a little boy
@Griffin5413 EDD 12/28/16 with a little boy
@ultratomato EDD 12/29/16 with twin girls 
@Drove2u EDD 1/4/17 with a little girl
@vssbrm EDD 1/14/17 with a little boy 
@tulips29 EDD 1/22/17 with a little boy
@wishingforluck EDD 1/25/17 with twin boys
@dragonfaerie EDD 1/27/17 with a little boy  
@LynnNJ EDD 1/28/17 with a little boy

congrats to @tvh1982 on her adorable little girl , Pia !!! 

Anyone heard from @morningstar80 ? Would love an update !! 

Also who is willing to take over after me ? I should have 2 more weeks (maybe more ) but who knows ?! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: 3rd tri- week of 11/7

• mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited November 2016
    Hey ladies . 38 weeks here . I was quiet towards the end of last week because I haven't been feeling great . I'm insanely exhausted and very moody . This is my last week of work and I wish I was already done . It's so hard to stay motivated and positive at work but I'm trying my best . I'll be on unpaid leave which is stressing me out even though we have had months to prepare for it . 

I went to a wedding last night . I felt so out of place and enormous . I'm usually a big dancer but only managed a few slow songs with DH . It felt good to get out of the house but I wish pajamas were acceptable at a formal event , haha . 

@zoefer - getting super excited for you !!! 

QOTW- My comfort food at the moment is chocolate . Anything chocolate . Leftover Halloween candy , hot chocolate you name it . Lol . My current comfort activity is yoga . It always makes me feel so much more at peace with the uncertainty of whats to come with labor and delivery . My yoga teacher is a doula so she talks us through a lot of meditation. It's awesome ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Good morning! 
    @mskeenan I hope you're feeling better and this week is easier for you! 

AFM - I had my shower yesterday which was really nice. We got a ton of great stuff for baby boy and I can't wait to put it all to use. 

QOTW - Is it terrible that my comfort activity is lounging around at home and not doing much? I just want to be comfortable all day...even getting dressed is such an effort these days. My feet are so swollen, I can barely fit them into any of my shoes. I was on my feet most of the time during my shower yesterday and I got so exhausted just standing. Comfort food is bread...especially freshly baked bread. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
    edited November 2016
    @tulips29 I'm glad you had a great shower !! No shame in lounging around and doing nothing ! I think that's what third tri is for :) and I'm with you on the swollen feet . I only have one pair of shoes that fit right now and they are flip flops . I wore flip flops to the wedding last night because my sausage feet couldn't be squeezed into anything else , lol ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Good morning! Today begins my first day of my 16 week maternity leave... and I'm already bored lol. I have my 36 week appt & first cervical check tomorrow afternoon, followed by maternity pictures. BH seem to be occurring more frequent, but not super painful or regular. Car seat has been installed, diaper bag packed, and I think I should probably get my hospital bag packed soon! 

QOTW: yes, my new thing is hot chocolate. And I love a good ice cream too! @Tulips29 lounging right now is totally acceptable :)
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @mskeenan lucky you can still wear flip flops. I have to somehow squeeze myself into boots these days and it's a challenge. Heels are not even an option. Going to a wedding would be a chore for me I think. I'm all for sweats/maternity leggings and pj's these days! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @capps42613 welcome to maternity leave! Looks like you're well prepared, so enjoy your days of no work. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 we also had our shower yesterday and I got a ton of clothing and stuff so tomorrow I will be going through it and hanging it up and deciding what needs to be returned out of all the clothing I have. I wasn't that exhausted after the shower although I do miss the company that came from out of town. Only 15 more working days till leave.
    the only thing I crave is a fountain soda lol especially coke or Pepsi yummy. 
  • @capps42613 yay for maternity leave !!! I'll probably be the same way when I'm done with work before baby comes . I always complain about going to work but have a hard time not getting bored with down time . Hopefully you can find some good shows to watch or something . I need to add stuff to my Netflix list 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Hello all ! 39 weeks today and doing well. I had a lovely weekend , the weather was really nice and sunny. We had a long walk (2.5 hours) in the park with my parents on Saturday, hoping that it might help move the baby down :) I think I started to feel some BH contractions this weekend but not sure . I have my 39w appointment on Thursday but I do not have high expectations . I am still at work but I am taking it very slow. We had a deadline today, after today I might just work from home or come to the lab half day. My mom is getting frustrated with me because I am still coming to work :)
    My comfort activity is just walking, I feel refreshed and energized by walking. I had hurt my hip a little while I was doing yoga so I stopped doing yoga a long time ago and I do not have energy to go to the pool for swimming. So just walking for me. My parents are staying with us now, so my mom`s food is my comfort food. It is amazing that I do not have to cook or force DH to cook (he suck at cooking :))

• Happy Monday ladies! @capps42613 - that's awesome that you are taking some time before the baby gets here. My plan as of now is to work until OB says I can't or the baby gets here. Year end is the busiest time of year so I'm trying to stay as long as I can but there are certainly days where I want a break! The way our insurance is set up is that I can't even begin my maternity leave until the baby gets here. Anything before that would be disability.
    ZoeFer - you are so close! That's so nice that your parents are there and your mom's been cooking for you! 

I'm in my bi-weekly appointments now until Dec when I start going twice a week. We have our labor/delivery classes this weekend and next weekend. Things are definitely starting to feel real that's for sure. 

QOTW: I can't really say if I have any comfort food or activities. I definitely feel my body slowing down more so I'm just trying to listen to it the best I can and not do too much. I definitely find myself craving more sugar probably b/c I see all of this candy everywhere from Halloween. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 I hate that I could potentially have 4 weeks off without a baby but I couldn't deal with working 40 hrs/week + on call, my daily commute full of traffic, & being on my feet for 10hrs a day. HR denied my FMLA til my due date until my doctor wrote a letter stating that I'm at risk for pre-term labor. It's such crap that most work places make women work right up until the very end. 

@mskeenan hang in there, doll!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • capps42613 - I can definitely see why you'd need a break! I used to have an hour and a half commute each way when I lived in LA and I do NOT miss all of that added stress. Take it easy and enjoy every minuted of this downtime before baby gets here! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @zoefer so close!!! Will be thinking of you. Also hoping @morningstar80 checks in with us soon too. 
    32 weeks here. Going to work still Also and leaving for Nashville and Austin Sunday for my last work trip this year. We still haven't started the nursery. lol. Hopefully that will get started on soon but it's just been really busy. 
    Favorite comfort food now is anything sweet. Especially chocolate, ice cream or cupcakes. :-)
    favorite activities: I've had to cut down my exercising from 5 days a week to 3. I'm just getting super tired and feet are starting to swell. So just doing Zumba, Pilates and barre now. 
  • Hello ladies! It's time for me to jump over here to the 3rd trimester! My, how time does fly...
    Our EDD is 1/27/17 with one little boy, DH and I are over the moon!
    The next growth scan for Wee Boy is on the 17th. Our last appointment was on Halloween where I had my 1-hr glucose test (passed!) and they measured my stomach. He's been measuring ahead since we were 20 weeks, so we'll see how we're looking. 

QotW: I don't have any real comfort food, but I love cheese melted on bread and Twix candy. I'm definitely feeling like I want to lounge a lot as I'm getting into that constant exhaustion and not sleeping well. I like reading my Hypnobirthing book too.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to third trimester @dragonfaerie !! I wish I had looked into hypnobirthing sooner ! I feel like it's too late for me to really research and prepare before my little one arrives but wanna try to get into it next pregnancy if I am someday pregnant again after this ! 

@zoefer I'm glad your mom is helping out with cooking ! That takes so much stress off of you .. Especially if you are still workin !! 

@drove2u I know you are going for work but hopefully you can enjoy Nashville and Austin . I've been to Nashville many times and I'm from Austin and love both cities (though I'm partial to Austin ) 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Thanks @mskeenan I've never been to Nashville. Will basically be enjoying the food at night and taking half day to tour. I love Austin. Have been there before. But same thing. Will mostly have nights only. 
  • Hi Ladies! Sorry, I've been MIA the last month or so. I've been preparing for baby and have been resting a lot. I've also spent a lot of time watching my Cubbies in the playoffs and win the World Series!!

I'm pretty uncomfortable these days. Even walking is hard for me. I'm 38 weeks now and just waiting. 

I can't pick just one thing as my comfort food. I feel like I'm eating everything in sight. I've gained 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks.
  • Hi! 30+2 today! I get excited for each Saturday that we get thru. Still getting about a dozen or so BH per day, but the are not regular or painful. 

My comfort food food is definitely Ice cream right now, or chocolate. Preferably chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Although yesterday I just needed fresh food all day. Salmon and salad for dinner with lots of lemon. Well, and apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for desert...

Im just generally uncomfortable. I'm trying not to be overly active, if I push too hard, the BH get worse. I enjoying doing yoga stretches though. I also like sleeping. And I need an intervention when it comes to studying and revising the baby registry... I'm just obsessed with it. 
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Just realized half of my response didn't post. Of course it was the part that I responded directly to other posters. Ugh...hopefully I can remember...

I don't have a comfort activity because everything makes me uncomfortable. I had to stop exercising around 33 weeks. My belly is always hard and tight, all day long!

@capps42613 yay for maternity leave! Hopefully you won't have to wait to long for baby's arrival! 

@Drove2u have fun in Nashville! I went a few years ago and had so much fun. I remember eating a lot of good food!

I really can't remember what else I wrote. Not sure if any of you have been affected by pregnancy brain, but it's in full effect for me. It gets a little embarrassing at work, but thankfully I have understanding coworkers.
  • @Rachd110 I'm anxious to see if you have a prince or princess growing in that belly. Lol
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @dragonfaerie yay for 3rd tri! and congrats on passing your glucose test! 

@Rachd110 i've had pregnancy brain since early on. i've never been this much of a scatterbrain before and it's freaking me out. i forget stuff constantly and i'm afraid people at work think i'm an idiot these days. it's terrible! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Good to hear from you @rachd110 !! I'm sorry you are uncomfortable .. I know the feeling ! I can also relate to pregnancy brain . Work is really hard lately when I seem to forget everything ! We are in the home stretch !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Had my OB checkup yesterday and everything is still good. Sometimes I feel like it's such a waste to drive to her office b/c the appointment is literally like 10 min from the time I get there until the time I leave. I was asking her yesterday about how I've read that a lot of IVF babies tend to come a little early. She told me that is not her experience. I have had the feeling for a while that she is not going to be in any hurry to see this baby get here this year even after his due date. 

My question for you ladies is do you think I should have a conversation with her about wanting this baby to come at least by his due date (Dec 28)? We have spent so much money getting pregnant this year that if he is born this year we have already met all of our out of pocket max so he is completely free. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
    edited November 2016
    @griffin5413 I sometimes kind of feel like appointments are a waste too . I know they are important but they just seem uneventful . Maybe it's because all of the fertility appointments were always so intense with scans and bloodwork . Don't get my wrong , I'm happy to not have any complications that make my appointments eventful but I have a long commute and I have to take off of work . I have my 38 week appointment today and I know all they will do is check my weight (which I don't wanna know - I have refused to look at the scale for the last month ) , blood pressure (which I monitor at home ) and pee on a stick . I wish they would check my cervix or something , lol ! 

As far as having a convo about the baby coming by due date , I think it can't hurt . If you are open to the idea of being induced then why not ? It could be good to talk through the benefits / risks of being induced if you haven't already just so you you can decide if that's the route you would wanna go if baby doesn't come on time :) . I personally am terrified of induction but I know a lot of people do it for various reasons (medical and convenience ) and I think it's a personal choice ! I would want baby to come by the end of the year too ! 

I'm hearing so many mixed things about IVF babies and when they arrive . I kind of expected to go into labor by now because I heard so many people say that IVF babies do come early . But I'm kind of content with him cooking a little longer . My midwife told me I should expect to go to 41 weeks because I'm a first time mom . But my doc said that statistically IVF babies tend to come early . Not sure what to think and wish I had a crystal ball . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @Griffin5413 my appointments are uneventful as well and I also feel like they are a waste of time most of the time. I always try to find new questions to ask my OB, otherwise it's also a weight check, urine check and growth check. Last week I sat in the waiting room for 50 minutes, then in the actual exam room for another 15, and the appointment itself was 10 minutes. It's really frustrating. 

As for your other question, I agree with @mskeenan that you can ask to be induced. The other option would be a schedule c-section. When I initially asked my OB about his views on this, he said it's entirely up to his patients to decide, but he will absolutely do one if necessary. If you really want him to be born this year, maybe that's the route to go and then see if you go into labor naturally earlier than the scheduled CS date. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• mskeenanTulips29  - thanks for the thoughts ladies. I think I'm definitely going to have at least a discussion with her about it. Obviously I would much rather have him come on his own b/c I have heard some of the horrors with induction being more painful but it may end up being worth it if his due date comes and he hasn't decided to grace us with his presence yet. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 definitely doesn't hurt to ask. When I spoke to my OB before he said induction usually occurs > 40 weeks due to hospital policy & trying to avoid CS. But he said he wouldn't be oppose to stripping my membranes come 38 weeks. See what your OB says.

AFM- 36 week check up showed no dilation yet. We'll see what next week brings.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thank you all for the welcome!

@Griffin5413 I totally get what you're saying about wanting your baby to come on time (especially with insurance) but definitely have that conversation. If you aren't looking primed (dilated or anything) at all, being induced can be rough, and you don't want to rush it if he's just not ready. But it's worth at least the conversation.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I understand you want to be induced @griffin5413, like the other ladies suggested do talk about it. 
    During my last weeks we had talked about it as I was stressed as I couldn't feel her move. I was then 37 weeks.
    They did say as being early all it could cause was more BH and more discomfort and no baby. 
    So get all the info, and feel what works for you. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• tvh1982dragonfaeriecapps42613 - thanks ladies!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 definitely have the convo with your doctor. 39 weeks is considered full term, so it's not like your asking to go early. Just make sure you're well informed about inductions. Ive heard good and bad stories. Everyone's experience is different. 

I also feel like my appointments are a waste of time. My midwives don't check if I'm dilated, which would make the appointment more worth it. I started spotting brown blood today. My midwife said its from losing my mucus plug although I didn't notice it. She said it means by body is getting ready and doesn't necessarily mean I will be going into labor soon. I guess you can lose your mucus plug 1-2 weeks before delivery. I've felt a lot more Braxton Hicks today. 

I've also ready that IVF babies are usually early. Hopefully, that means my baby will be here soon. 
  • @Rachd110 fingers crossed for you!!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @Rachd110 so exciting! You must be so close. Keep us posted when you can.
    Last two days I think i m getting some BH and contractions with cramps but nothing regular. Patiently waiting :)
  • Hi.  I'm joining you in the 3rd trimester. I'm having a boy.  The due date is January 28th. I'll write more later. 
  • Well tomorrow is my no stress test this is my first one and they will happen weekly. Any of you ladies have this?
  • Will add you @LynnNJ !! Welcome to third trimester !! How you feeling ? 

**BFP and loss warning**

• ultratomato - I was going to ask what that type of a test is. I know my OB has me scheduled for them every week in Dec before I'm due. Let me know how that goes!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 the NST is when they hook you up to monitor and check for fetal movement. I've had mines every week during my last month of pregnancy. It's non invasive and a bit boring after the first two times(IMO) but well worth it. They usually last about 30mins. I was told by the nurse that they like to see big movements from the baby in order to "pass" the test. They also check your AFI levels to make sure your fluids are not low which can affect the baby. 
  • @Jerseygirl856 thank you for the information about it luckily a coworker of mine is pregnant with twins and gave me the same information.