February 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Girl

Re: Baby Girl

• Options
    Ugh, you guys are making me want to pick up this season of Grey's. I had decided to skip in this year, because they do way too much scary shiz with pregnant women (I mean, how many crash C's in emergency situations can happen to main characters on the show?), but now I wanna know what's going on with Owen.... *sigh*
    RIGHT?! Omg why can no one have a regular pregnancy and birth on Greys??
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @Gretchypoo Although now that I think about it, that crazy pregnancy stuff usually happens right in time for sweeps week, so if I start watching this season now, I should be fine up through delivery...

Update: I'm going for it. If there is some crazy pregnancy related shit coming up in the first few episodes, you bishes better warn me now. I will be back on here sobbing and ranting like a crazy person if anything happens.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @poetryandoceans I like to wait for the whole season to come out on Netflix because I just get so anxious waiting week to week lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been following along here. I've never seen greys anatomy. I thought it was over now... They still make new seasons? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lfrank12 I'm so glad I wasn't watching when that happened. I was devastated just reading about it haha! 
  • Options
    Lol I thought that show got cancelled a long time ago 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @poetryandoceans There have been several potentially triggering pregnancy episodes... watch with caution.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    homemake said:
    @lfrank12 I'm so glad I wasn't watching when that happened. I was devastated just reading about it haha! 
    And the way they did it was just awful! A disservice to his character! This could be an UO though
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl Thanks for the heads up... maybe I won't after all... Plenty of time come March. Though maybe having a new baby wouldn't be a good headspace to be in either....
  • Options
    Apparently Dempsey left to do Bridget Jones baby among other things and there was a lot of drama with him not really getting along with Ellen Pompeo because he was getting paid more per episode for less air time. But he was making like $400k per episode so I don't know why he'd ever want to leave. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @poetryandoceans I don't know if they still do it, but on Lifetime when I was home alone with my newborn in the first few weeks, greys anatomy was on for 3 hours every day of the week. I would post up on the couch with her and just watch. It only lasted a little while because I felt too couch potato-y but I did get to catch up on a lot that I had missed. 

@lfrank12 I still wonder if he actually wanted to leave the show or if Shonda just enjoys stomping on our hearts. 
  • Options
    @lfrank12 I read an article with him, he said he worked with Shonda to get off the show. He said his marriage was falling apart and he needed to be home more.

I thought it was a good end for him but Meredith' s new love interest is driving me insane. 
  • Options
    Didn't I read somewhere that he wanted to spend more time racing cars, and so Shonda had him die in a car accident because you don't fuck with Shondaland....

I mean, the marriage thing is probably more believable, but I prefer the "don't cross the Shonda" storyline that I've created for myself.
  • Options
    Yes I did read all the stuff about both his at home issues and the drama with Shonda. I guess I was more mad about the way they killed him off and handled the subsequent episodes than the fact he actually left the show
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo love the actress, hate the character lol 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    + 1 to disliking izzy
    + 1 to being annoyed at the killing off derek storyline
    + 1 to missing christina

last season annoyed me with the drippy penny character in general & the whole callie & arizona custody battle as it made me dislike callie who was always a character i really liked.
    ive only watched 1 episode of this season so far as i was using all free time to catch up on gilmore girls before the new ones but ive done that now so hopefully next week i can get back to greys.
  • Options
    Ya,  I did not like Penny either.  

• Options
    I have the house to myself today and look forward to catching up on the last couple episodes! As soon as I drag myself downstairs...
  • Options
    The fact that they Snaped McDreamy is one thing I will never forgive Shonda for.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    I recently started Grey's on Netflix. I'm on season 2, so all this means nothing to me yet.  :o
  • Options
    tishb said:
    I recently started Grey's on Netflix. I'm on season 2, so all this means nothing to me yet.  :o
    You just wait... your time will come. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Is anyone prepared to be really offended by this Owen/Amelia storyline? I have a hard time believing that Shonda's dream boyfriend Owen is going to get dragged through the mud again like he was with Shonda's avatar Christina. Plus she obviously loves torturing Amelia (who wouldn't). If this story is about Owen teaching Amelia not to be afraid after her insane trauma on PP, I'm going to be pretty pissed. Girlfriend said what she wants. Owen doesn't just get to talk her out of it. That's not a healthy relationship dynamic. That's manipulation. And Shonda will package it as romance, because she loves Owen more than anything.

Shonda is a tv pioneer in many ways, but you have to be careful with her. She's more puritanical about relationships, particularly w/r/t babies, than you might think. 
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany yess!
    I was so pissed off at that! First of all,  why does she make Owen have two wives who both do not want to have kids? 
    Second,  I don't really understand why Amelia does not want to have kids.  When she THOUGHT she was pregnant, she seemed happy and excited. I mean, she was so excited she was going around telling everyone she was pregnant and she hadn't even taken the test yet!

*******TW death********

But later,  she changed her mind because she lost her first baby? 

******End TW***********

I love this show,  but sometimes shit pisses me off. 

• Options
    @AfKash did you ever watch private practice? If so, you would get why Amelia doesn't want kids. And she was trying to be excited for Owen. 
  • Options
    srscott3 said:
    @AfKash did you ever watch private practice? If so, you would get why Amelia doesn't want kids. And she was trying to be excited for Owen. 
    Private Practice was ah-mazing
  • Options
    srscott3 said:
    No, I never really got into Private Practice.  I just know she's got drug and alcohol issues.  Thank you for reminding me of PP, though.  I guess it would make more sense why she's being this way if I had watched it.  

• Options
    You guys, I tried so hard to get into Private Practice. I even sat through two seasons of it. I love Addison, but I just could not get into it like I did Grey's. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You guys, I tried so hard to get into Private Practice. I even sat through two seasons of it. I love Addison, but I just could not get into it like I did Grey's. :(
    Truth. 
    Also,  I have a major crush on Addison (I forget her real name). She is one sexy redhead!!

• Options
    AfKash said:
    @NiceyMeany yess!
    I was so pissed off at that! First of all,  why does she make Owen have two wives who both do not want to have kids? 
    Second,  I don't really understand why Amelia does not want to have kids.  When she THOUGHT she was pregnant, she seemed happy and excited. I mean, she was so excited she was going around telling everyone she was pregnant and she hadn't even taken the test yet!

*******TW death********

But later,  she changed her mind because she lost her first baby? 

******End TW***********

I love this show,  but sometimes shit pisses me off. 
    Ehhhhh, knowing that you don't know Amelia's whole backstory, I'll let this slide.  But I will say that it doesn't bother me that Amelia doesn't want a kid.  And it doesn't bother me that she got all tweaked when she thought she was pregnant and then that led her to realizing how much she isn't actually into the idea.  It bothers me that it looks like Shonda is setting up a storyline where Owen might "show" Amelia how much she "actually" wants a baby but is "too afraid."  I generally believe that if a woman says she doesn't want a baby, you should believe her.
  • Options
    ^^ agreed.  That's not cool at all.  Some women are just not into having children and that's ok. I feel bad when people try to convince my one gf (who has no desire for kids) that when she gets older,  she'll eventually want kids.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"