November 2016 Moms
Options

Past due date frustrations!

Anyone else in the same boat yet!?

My due date was Nov. 1st and baby is totally fine staying cozy inside. I keep thinking he/she is constantly growing and I'll end up delivering a 10lbs baby. >.<

Re: Past due date frustrations!

• Options
    Not in the same boat yet. But was a week late (then induced) with my first so I remember how each day seemed to go forever. 

Doesn't help when people constantly ask if you've had the baby yet. 

Baby will be here soon! Best not to rush him/her. 
  • Options
    I understand how you feel. My original due date was the 1st, then my doctor moved it back to the 10th, and no signs of baby girl coming any time soon. It is the worst when people are constantly messaging and or calling to ask if we have any signs of baby. I don't want a huge baby, with her being my first, but I know she'll come when she's ready. I'm just afraid she's already inherited the stubbornness both my husband and I possess, and she's gonna have to get evicted via doctor and induction. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first was 10 days late so I feel ya ;) hang in there!
  • Options
    My first was 5 days late,  and my 2nd was 6 days late.   It is incredibly frustrating!  I'm trying to be patient with this one.   The good news is my kids were 7lbs 8oz, and 7 lbs 4oz.  So far from enormous! You can do it,  mama.   Hang in there! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    How successful are inductions? What happens if induction isn't effective - c section?? Our doc said we need to talk inductions by x date and here I am without having felt any contractions or anything....I would totally down a whole pineapple (which some ppl swear by) if I weren't worried about blood sugars...
  • Options
    YES. I have been getting texts everyday from various people asking "how are you doing?" knowing they want baby news. I know they're excited and care about me, but it feels like pressure! I much more like the "thinking of you" or encouraging words texts. 
  • Options
    rspalding001rspalding001 member
    edited November 2016
    Re: inductions, I was induced with DD at 41 weeks and it took 2 days before I delivered. I think the risk of c-section is slightly elevated but if you are past due and not progressing that risk is there anyway. I think inductions before your due date have a slightly higher risk of c-section than inductions after your due date simply because you have given your body less time to be ready for labor. Typically they won't push for a c-section as long as you are progressing and baby is not in distress.
  • Options
    I couldn't handle all the "still here"/"no baby yet" comments at work. Like obviously. Baby will come when it's ready but I would love it to come sooner --before our scheduled induction.
  • Options
    How successful are inductions? What happens if induction isn't effective - c section?? Our doc said we need to talk inductions by x date and here I am without having felt any contractions or anything....I would totally down a whole pineapple (which some ppl swear by) if I weren't worried about blood sugars...
    Inductions can be successful but, basically I've read, every bit of medical intervention ups your chance of a c-section.   Basically, in an induction they often break your water to try and get things moving.  If your water is broken for more than 24 hours there is a risk of infection so they do a c-section.   Also, I've read, that higher doses of pitocin can sometimes put baby into distress and therefore they put you into a c-section.   However, from someone who has had a c-section (went into labour naturally but lots of pain relief drugs for help and they broke my water) and a VBAC - stripped membranes which basically put me into labour, they broke my water and I had a epidural.   (Then quite a few drugs to stop post birth bleeding.)  So, drugs and intervention doesn't always mean a c-section. 
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • Options
    Did any of you who had your babies late go through fertility treatments? 
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• Options

Stuck in the box :

I didn't go through fertility treatments,  but I did temp so I was sure of my dates,  if that's why you ask.   I went late with my first 2 girls,  and assume I'll go late with this one as well.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    With my first I was late and no fertility treatments. Only had due date based off tracking my period; no dating ultrasound that pregnancy, but very regular periods.

This time I'm not quite at my due date, but showing no signs or symptoms of labour aside from BH contractions.
  • Options
    jmama1611 said:
    Not in the same boat yet. But was a week late (then induced) with my first so I remember how each day seemed to go forever. 

Doesn't help when people constantly ask if you've had the baby yet. 

Baby will be here soon! Best not to rush him/her.  
    Along the same lines as this my MIL thought the baby had dropped when she saw me at 35 weeks. She was so sure the baby was coming any day that she was worried she would miss the birth while she was on vacation in NY. (Of course she still took the vacation) 

I'm now 37 weeks and no signs of labor yet. I just carry him low - always have. But thanks MIL for making me worry. Sorry - rant over.
  • Options
    @dreamcatch-her for my first I wasn't doing fertility treatments. I did have a dating ultrasound that lined up with my expected timing to the day however. With my second (this pregnancy) I was temping and using opk's so I know my timing exactly and dating ultrasound confirmed again to the day.
  • Options
    srcr2011srcr2011 member
    edited November 2016
    I had my little guy 2 weeks ago today. I started having mild contractions at 2 am ( felt like Braxton hicks) and they stopped during the day. I youtubed pressure points on the feet to induce labor. Contractions started again slowly. And bam, by 5:15pm I was in full blown labor. I had my son at 9:21pm. Im not sure if the pressure points helped or it was coincidence. I had him at 38 weeks but my other 2 babies came early as well. I never made it to 40 weeks.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker