Wednesday Ticker Change

For all my lovely Hump Day ladies. 

This is for those of us with an EDD of: 05/03, 05/10, 05/17, 05/24 & 05/31

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY. Do you have any Thanksgiving family traditions you are looking forward to sharing with baby in the future or have already passed on to your current kids? 

May '17 labor memes

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change

• Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? Size of a poker chip

Appointments this week? Nope. None until my 16 week. I'm loving the lull while it lasts!

Symptoms? Little to no appetite still but at least I'm not nauseous. Sleep is crappy though. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Probably going on the hunt for booty friendly maternity jeans this weekend. Pray for me. 

GTKY. Do you have any Thanksgiving family traditions you are looking forward to sharing with baby in the future or have already passed on to your current kids? Apple turkeys! I don't think my 2 year old is quite big enough but we may try. You take an apple for the body and use toothpicks to stand him up (4 legs because it works), put a green Olive with the pimento hanging out on a toothpick for the head and then stack raisins and mini marshmallows on more toothpicks to relate feathers and stack them on the back of the turkey. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks or 10 weeks (see below) 

How big is baby? Size of a lime (or a cherry) 

Appointments this week? I had one on Monday and got to hear the heartbeat again. 

Symptoms? I'm convinced the exhaustion is never going to end. The nauseous seems to be lessening. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Every appointment I have had, my due date keeps changing. The first appointment it was 5/24, second it was 5/27, and on Monday it was 5/31. Based on LMP it should be 5/24, give or take a day. My doctor doesn't seem concerned and says baby is probably just curled up, but it's beginning to worry me a bit. He said we should get a better measurement, and it should go closer to 5/24, at my next appointment in four weeks. 

GTKY. Do you have any Thanksgiving family traditions you are looking forward to sharing with baby in the future or have already passed on to your current kids? We don't have any real Thanksgiving traditions, other than going to the movies. This year DD really wants to see Moana. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cclaineDCcclaineDC member
    edited November 2016
    13 weeks, size of a lemon or a peach.

No appts until the week of Thanksgiving.

Symptoms? A little less nauseous, but still not terribly hungry. Insomnia. I'm thirsty all the time. 

Rave: The end of the first tri is finally in sight!! I'm sooo ready to be done with feeling gross. Also I'm going to visit friends in WV this weekend. They host a big annual pig roast with old friends coming in from all over.  I'm looking forward to sharing our news! We haven't announced to the masses yet.

Thanksgiving traditions... I just like that my fam gets together even tough we all live far apart. I intend to keep that alive no matter how hard travel might get with kids in tow.

* Edited to correct typo

• Options
    @WombThereItIs the turkeys sound adorbs.

How big is baby? Donut hole or golf ball

Appointments this week? None this week.  NT scan next week.

Symptoms?  Nausea reared it's ugly head again.  I'm with @achays11 I think the exhaustion is never going to end.  The insomnia is killing me.  I think my age is making it worse this time.  You are just not supposed to be pregnant at 43.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  We got the harmony results back yesterday and all is normal.  It is a boy!  We are so excited!

GTKY. Do you have any Thanksgiving family traditions you are looking forward to sharing with baby in the future or have already passed on to your current kids?  We really don't have many Thanksgiving traditions, other than stuffing our face with food.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    How far along are you? 14 weeks. For some reason this feels like a big change from 13. Haha

How big is baby? The size of a beet

Appointments this week? 2 more weeks

Symptoms? Still pretty tired but I feel like my moods and nausea are getting better. Headaches suck though. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

GTKY. Do you have any Thanksgiving family traditions you are looking forward to sharing with baby in the future or have already passed on to your current kids?
     We don't do anything extravagant but I do look forward to a mini bday celebration for my 4 year old after thanksgiving dinner. Also, we watch Christmas vacation that night and I am 100% ready for Christmas set up the next day! I love to celebrate as long as possible. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 13 weeks

How big is baby? A jalapeño

Appointments this week? Nope...three more weeks

Symptoms? Nausea if I don't eat frequently but otherwise doing good

Rant/Rave/Questions? DH is being a butt lately. I don't know if he's having an off couple of weeks or what's going to but the lack of help or appreciation is driving me bananas! 

GTKY. Do you have any Thanksgiving family traditions you are looking forward to sharing with baby in the future or have already passed on to your current kids?       Last year was the first year we hosted thanksgiving and it was fun. It was nice to not have to go to house to house to house with a little one. I have memories of always eating at home with my family and grandparents coming over. I would like to continue that 

imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    How far along are you? 12 weeks

How big is baby? As big as a plum

Appointments this week? Not for another 2 weeks 

Symptoms? Increased appetite and that's about it 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I've been calling my doctor all day.. ALL DAY trying to get a question answered and her nurse hasn't picked up the phone. I'm so annoyed because I may have to drive to the hospital over something that's not even a problem. 

GTKY. Do you have any Thanksgiving family traditions you are looking forward to sharing with baby in the future or have already passed on to your current kids? We are boring people. No thanksgiving traditions here
  • Options

How big is baby? lime

Appointments this week? not for a couple more weeks

Symptoms? bleh.. I've thrown up once a day for three days straight this week.. luckily last night I did not, but I basically didn't eat dinner and then snacked on carbs later in the evening.  I haven't eaten dinner yet tonight but we'll see how that goes. I feel a little better today so here's hoping.  I never had to throw up with #1 and was feeling fine by 9 weeks so this is a different experience for me this time.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just been having fun dealing with a sick toddler who's been having trouble sleeping at night due to nasal congestion, and now I have a sick and overworked husband who just can't seem to get himself to sleep enough. I worry about his general health, honestly, with how little sleep he's been getting lately.  Toddler is also on a really late schedule partly from his issues sleeping at night with his cold, so I'm trying to gradually get things back on track.  Last night actually wasn't too bad, so it seems like he's on the mend.

GTKY. Do you have any Thanksgiving family traditions you are looking forward to sharing with baby in the future or have already passed on to your current kids? I'd prefer to have the family dinner at someone's home, but my in-laws like to go to this hotel for their Thanksgiving dinner instead.  I guess it's less mess to deal with, and people are so picky with what they like to eat that it provides more variety for everyone to choose from.  I'm not much of a chef myself so I think I'd be way overstressed anyway if I was to try hosting at this point.  Maybe at some point in the future.  Mainly it's just nice to spend time with family.  I'm sure there will be some board games at some point.  And after Thanksgiving is over, we often do some black friday shopping and help the in-laws put up some Christmas decorations.

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    achays11 lurking but I saw what you said about the constantly changing EDD. What a pain! I had an appt on Monday and my midwife said they always go off on the 8weeks ultrasound as they feel it's the most accurate and they absolutely would not change it after. It was only off one day from my EDD based on ovulation date. I don't know if that help at all but.. hopefully they stick to one date soon!

• Options
    @jessbruxanovaa  Sorry you had trouble getting in touch with your doc... hope everything's ok!
  • Options
    Thanks @pshaortao! I'm pretty confident that it's closer to 5/24. In another month I think we'll a better measurement. 
  • Options
    Just wondering if anyone has any eye aches.  Wouldn't call it a headache. Although I do have that more since becoming pregnant too. So annoying 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited November 2016
    Just wondering if anyone has any eye aches.  Wouldn't call it a headache. Although I do have that more since becoming pregnant too. So annoying 
    That's one way to call it. That's what I'm dealing with, which I mentioned in my symptoms/rant on the Thursday ticker change. I asked my last BMB about it since a few of them are pregnant again and a little further a long than me. They said more water help and I have found that to be true so far.

• Options
    pshaortao said:
    That's one way to call it. That's what I'm dealing with, which I mentioned in my symptoms/rant on the Thursday ticker change. I asked my last BMB about it since a few of them are pregnant again and a little further a long than me. They said more water help and I have found that to be true so far.
    Oh thank God! I convinced myself i was dying as I usually do with unexplained things. Thank you! I'm realizing that it was way worse this morning and all I'd had since waking up was my cup of coffee. 

BabyFruit Ticker