March 2017 Moms
Options

Stuff My SO Said

2»

Re: Stuff My SO Said

• Options
    My husband has been full of memorable comments lately! My favorite was when I was getting out of the shower and told him I was feeling super fat. His response, "I think you look the most sexy when you're pregnant". Husband win.

Least favorite was when I fell with my belly against to bathtub while giving my 2yo a bath. I was feeling scared and hurting and I called him at work to let him know. After the initial are you okay, is baby girl okay, did you call your dr, etc, he says "you have to be more careful...you can't be so wreck less". It just made me feel so much worse..I know I need to be careful. I mean I was bathing our child!!! Husband fail. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just to preface this pregnancy is our fourth. I came home from work one day and he randomly says do you realize you've been pregnant for 36 months aka 3 years of your life.  I told him thanks I hadn't really thought about it that way but your short changing me 4 months as I have always delivered at 40 weeks. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl bahahah. That's a great sock in the mouth moment. Cute concept, but not what any mama wants to hear. 

These boys mean well... but really!?
  • Options
     Not my SO, but a random restaurant worker asked me how much weight I gained. WTF? :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    babyspicebabyspice member
    edited November 2016
    I started leaking colostrum and I told my H he acted all grossed out which is rare for him. so I was very surprised he was acting like this about something so natural. he said if it ever leaked on him it would be such a turn off, like if someone peed on him. so I asked if he would rather drink pee or breastmilk if he was going to die on a deserted island and he only had those options, he said there'd be no difference!this morning he texted me with a bodily function comparison: boogers. he called breastmilk/colostrum nipple sneeze. :p

Anyone else's SO grossed or by pregnancy bodily functions?
  • Options
    Just to preface this pregnancy is our fourth. I came home from work one day and he randomly says do you realize you've been pregnant for 36 months aka 3 years of your life.  I told him thanks I hadn't really thought about it that way but your short changing me 4 months as I have always delivered at 40 weeks. 
    He only shorted you 3.5 weeks. 160 weeks is 3 years 3 weeks 3 days, 23 hours.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @babyspice My DH would have reacted the same way lol When we were TTC he made a grossed out face every time I would say "ovulate"! I can't even imagine the face he would make if I talked about leaky boobs!!!  :D

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @babyspice yeah, my DH is totally grossed out by it too. But he's going to have to get used to it... haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Haha. DH isn't disgusted by the act of feeding, or lactating.  He was actually better about it than me--I felt more weirded-out by the fact my body and something that was usually just sexual was now sustaining our child.  He wasn't allowed to go near them in the bedroom any longer on my orders ;)

BUT, despite my months of teasing efforts he absolutely refused to taste breastmilk. 
  • Options
    babyspice said:
    I started leaking colostrum and I told my H he acted all grossed out which is rare for him. so I was very surprised he was acting like this about something so natural. he said if it ever leaked on him it would be such a turn off, like if someone peed on him. so I asked if he would rather drink pee or breastmilk if he was going to die on a deserted island and he only had those options, he said there'd be no difference!this morning he texted me with a bodily function comparison: boogers. he called breastmilk/colostrum nipple sneeze. :p

Anyone else's SO grossed or by pregnancy bodily functions?
    I think it will become a lot more natural to him when he sees you nursing. The thing is so many people have very lurker experience being around breastfeeding all the time that it does seem like a bodily function akin to peeing because we never see other people do it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So DH texts me and asks if we can bring some finger foods for the xmas party the army is having. I very happily agreed as I love preparing food and this particular group is DREADFUL at throwing a party so anything I can do to help. I asked him simple questions: how many people and are we the only ones. These are the texts from him that followed:

it's just finger food 
    30 people

ok I can totally handle that. next:

would it be more expensive for 75 people (DUH!?)
    our center is doing the food
    it's just us
    actually its 240 people

so finally I text him saying listen I can do this but these are the specific details I need to which he replies that everyone is bringing foods and I'm over thinking this... WTF!? You just made it sound like I was providing food for 240 people... no wonder their parties suck! LOL I swear its like herding drunk cats these people

• Options
    Driving home last night- DH reaches over, rubs my belly, and excitedly exclaims "It's like a planet!!!" -Thanks Honey  :|
  • Options
    I was wearing a regular, non-maternity, t-shirt since we were just hanging out at home. I stand up off the couch and he says, "She's getting big." I just looked at him.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I've mentioned this in other threads, but my husband is very against hospitals and doctors. It's not stopping me from going to the doc and planning on delivering at a hospital, but I do get lectures about how it would be great if I delivered at home....in the 50 year old bathtub. Those kind of lectures and what not. So yesterday, after we met with the MFM and confirmed I have placenta previa, he said that he is resigned to me delivering in a hospital but he wants it to still be a vaginal delivery. My response was "You have very strong opinions about something you will never have to experience." I think that might have done the trick. He got kind of a sheepish look on his face and I haven't heard a peep about it since.
    Did he say this understanding what placenta previa IS?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've mentioned this in other threads, but my husband is very against hospitals and doctors. It's not stopping me from going to the doc and planning on delivering at a hospital, but I do get lectures about how it would be great if I delivered at home....in the 50 year old bathtub. Those kind of lectures and what not. So yesterday, after we met with the MFM and confirmed I have placenta previa, he said that he is resigned to me delivering in a hospital but he wants it to still be a vaginal delivery. My response was "You have very strong opinions about something you will never have to experience." I think that might have done the trick. He got kind of a sheepish look on his face and I haven't heard a peep about it since.
    Did he say this understanding what placenta previa IS?
    Yes and I am hoping he was trying to be funny. The dude is a paramedic so this whole line of thinking really baffles me. Haha
  • Options
    @DizzyMom I'm still laughing at yours LOL
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a sweet one. My husband told me today he checked to see if prenatal massage is covered by our insurance. (Chiropractor is, massage isn't.) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nicklesb We now refer to my bump as "The Planet" around here after that. LOL 
  • Options
    nicklesbnicklesb member
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    DH after the Patriots game ~>

DH: I don't get females..
    Me: OK?
    DH: I'm out there in a winter coat, sweatshirt and hand warmers and they're out there in leggings!?
    Me: Well babe, you're from the south. And also, they make fleece lined leggings.
    DH: Really?
    Me: Yes, they even make fleece lined jeans.