June 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In Week of 10/31

The weekly PGAL (pregnant after loss) check-in is for moms who have been through previous loss. Let's get through this together. 

First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Introduce yourself

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment?   

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  
Me: 28 Husband: 31
TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check In Week of 10/31

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    Found out at my first appointment today that I'm measuring two days behind so I'm 5w6d instead of 6w1d. They were able to see a healthy yolk sac, but couldn't see the embryo yet so I'm going for another ultrasound on Nov 14 to get a better look.

How are you doing? 
    Still a little uneasy about not seeing the embryo, but my doctor is very confident so I just need to stay positive  :)

November 14

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    I have to cancel my trip to Punta Cana in January thanks to Zika  :s  but I'm carrying a little babe and Punta Cana will be there next year!

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend? 
    I really like the chaos in the show Shameless that's on Showtime. Probably known, but still! I also like old rom/com movies with Fred Astaire. 
  • Options
    @sarahannexvi my hubby and I went to Punta Cana this summer, when you finally get a chance to go you'll love it! I measured earlier than expected at my 1st u/s also, and didn't get to see the nugget- have to wait until the 9th now and it's killing me! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a 4yo DD who I had no trouble conceiving and was a pretty uneventful pregnancy.  When she was 18 months I had my first chemical pregnancy. 3 months later a loss at 8 weeks.  In the last 2 years I've had 3 more chemical pregnancies.  So I am trying not to get my hopes up too much this time around, but my RE has been checking my hCG, which is looking great, and I am taking progesterone gel.  Fingers crossed for a sticky baby!

How far along are you?  6 weeks today

How are you doing?   Trying really hard to remain positive!

When is your next appointment?   Nov 8th I go for my first ultrasound...I feel like puking just thinking about it!  

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  Morning sickness as started today, so I've spent most of the morning in the bathroom....good times.  On a more positive note, my DD told me a few days ago that I have a baby in my belly - I hadn't said anything to her about it, so it was pretty weird and pretty awesome too!

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?   I just finished binge watching Penny Dreadful and Eva Green is my new girl crush >swoon<
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you?
    6w5d

How are you doing?

Pretty good. I don't have a ton of symptoms so that's a little weird but it's been a busy week so I've been able to keep PGAL brain at bay for the most part.

I will be 8w2d.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    I love Halloween! The kids' excitement makes me so happy.

If you are an Ellen fan and have never watched her stand up called Here and Now, you must! It is hilarious from beginning to end. I have watched it so many times and it never fails to tickle me.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    6w 4d 

How are you doing? 
    Exhausted.... still can't find the energy to do anything... and my boobs are killing me! 
    Still trying to stay positive from our last appointment, the test results coming back in our favor has helped keep the PGAL brain away. 

November 9th... I'll be 7w 6d 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    Rant: I finally forced myself to get out of the house yesterday for a few hours and visit a friend I haven't seen in a few months, It was nice to distract myself from the prego symptoms! 

I am obsessed with Heartland... seasons 1-7 are on Netflix, and I'm pretty sure Hulu as well. I had to watch 8 and 9 online... 10 is out also but I can't find a site that will allow me to watch for free lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    6w and change (no EDD yet)

How are you doing?
    Oh, the nausea - it started to hit mid-last week, and really kicked in over the weekend. My toddler was quite confused to find me sitting next to the toilet yesterday ("Mama, did you go pee pee?"). I can handle falling asleep on the couch at 9pm and the food aversions...but the nausea.

Next Thursday (11/10) - saw a flicker of a heartbeat last week!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    I keep reminding myself that nausea is a good thing...even if it's not (and thanks to whoever recommended lemonade - it's totally working)

Anything by Tana French - she just came out with a new book and I'm eagerly waiting for DH to finish it
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    @MKRLTX Ahhhh! I'm so excited to see you back here! I'm glad everything worked out OK. <3

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Introduce yourself.   

How far along are you? 9w2d

How are you doing?  Anxious like normal.  I had two days after my first appointment where I was relaxed but now that the loss date is getting closer and closer it is ramping up my worry and anxiety. 

When is your next appointment?   Nov 11

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Continuing trying to remain positive and hoping for the best for everyone here.  

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend
    My mom and sister love this show on amazon called Schits Creek.  I watched the first two seasons and it is a bit odd, but pretty funny.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    mrtmrt member
    First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Introduce yourself. Hi, it's me again.

How far along are you?  I am 7 weeks, 6 days

How are you doing? pretty good... Nausea is worse than with my two boys, but not debilitating, exhaustion is rough. 2 little kids + full time job + taking classes to get my masters + first trimester - coffee(or at least most of it)  = zombie mommy

When is your next appointment?   ultrasound tomorrow!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    It all worked out, but there was a misunderstanding with my husband's boss and he told me his personal day was denied for tomorrow so he wouldn't be able to come with me, and I cried. Thankfully he is going to be able to come. I know it would have been fine, but I kept thinking, what if I find out something is wrong, and he's not there.

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  Justified
  • Options

Not first but refresher: Lost twins prior to last pregnancy, at 7w5d
    How far along are you? 
    6w4d

How are you doing? 
    Im a mess! I'm over analyzing every moment I feel ok. I'm not as nauseous as I was last week, which I know I should be enjoying but my mind goes to dark places and I get stuck thinking things are going bad. 

Nov 17, it's actually my first midwife appointment.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    My husband was in an accident last week, he's fine but wrote off his vehicle. We have been a single vehicle family and it's driving me nuts!! We got the call today that insurance is giving him way more than we anticipated, so hoping he has a new vehicle next week and can give me mine back
    Game of Thrones books!! Yes everyone watches the show, but the books are so good! 
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    @megsyyx my sister has mthfr and I think she had 6 miscarriages before her two healthy babies. It took a while for her doctors to take her seriously too. They kept saying that it shouldn't be causing miscarriages. She finally went on blood thinners, aspirin and folate. Fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    mrt said:
    @megsyyx my sister has mthfr and I think she had 6 miscarriages before her two healthy babies. It took a while for her doctors to take her seriously too. They kept saying that it shouldn't be causing miscarriages. She finally went on blood thinners, aspirin and folate. Fingers crossed for you!
    Wow that's great it worked for her! Thanks so much for letting me know, it's always good to know you're not alone and there are success stories  :)
    Thanks again!  <3
    Me: 23  |  DH: 25  | Married: 28.3.14  |  Together Since: 28.07.10
    MC#1 o:) : April 15  |  MC#2 o:) : Aug 15  |  MC#3 o:) : Jan 16  | MC#4  o:) : April 16
  • Options
    First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Introduce yourself. I introduced myself last week but I'll do it again. I had a MMC in May at 11 weeks followed by a D&C. It was the first pregnancy for my husband and I.

How far along are you? 7 weeks, 2 days

How are you doing? My nausea isn't as bad as last week but I am super tired.

When is your next appointment? This afternoon I have my first ultrasound.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm super nervous for today. My first ultrasound was a success and everything looked good with my first pregnancy at this point. That is what is making this so hard. This is where I really got my hopes up last time.

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend? I don't think I watch or read anything unique. My husband and I watched The Man in the High Castle on Amazon and I was surprised I really liked it but now we have to wait God knows how long for the second season to be released.

Me: 29, DH: 30

TTC Baby #1: 1/16

BFP #1: 4/1/16, MMC: 5/25/16

BFP #2: 10/10/16, EDD: 6/18/17

• Options
    @sarahannexvi That's such a bummer about Punta Cana!  Hopefully you were able to get a full refund?

@c1tym0m22 Yes, Tana French is a good one!  She seems to be a bit of a hidden gem.

@MKRLTX Ahhh! That is wonderful news! So happy for you! What part of the last two weeks is not making sense?

@mrt You have an amazingly busy schedule!  I don't know how you do it!

@megsyyx You have a pretty crazy story! Being on TB boards has made me aware of how common that actually is, though. Good for you for advocating for yourself.

@halfthetree My husband took his car to the mechanic last week and it was only supposed to be there Thu-Sat, and ended up being there Thu-Thu. That week of being a single care family was SO hard! We all continued work and school and none of those places are close to each other! My husband did all the chauffeuring at the beginning and end of the day so ended up with like 4 hour workdays. I feel your pain!

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    @JAGinMI mostly the fact that everything I have  read says that with an hcg of over 20k a yolk sac should at least be visible and mine was 56k.  And even if I was a few days off, with my new due date and measurement I would have been 6 weeks 1 day at my first US and there was absolutely nothing there... also I must have gotten a bfp at around 8 dpo and have conceived a few days after my positive opk using the clearblue advanced.  Don't mind me.....just over analyzing everything over here!! I know I need to stop worrying and be happy.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks, 1 day

How are you doing? I'm doing ok. I had pretty consistent pain yesterday on the right side of my stomach down to my pelvic bone. I'm thinking maybe RLP? I had the materni21 drawn yesterday. I should know the results by early next week.

When is your next appointment?   11/16, NT scan and first appt with my OBGYN. I'm nervous about the ultrasound. I haven't had one since 7 weeks and I have anxiety that something may be wrong (but no reason to think that).

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm almost afraid to say it out loud, but I really think this may be our girl after two boys. Another boy would be just as easy, but I am dying to have a girl.

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  Carry on Warrior: the power of embracing your messy, beautiful life.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    9 w 5 d

How are you doing? 
    Very anxious. I am right around the time where my first pregnancy ended...but it wasn't diagnosed until 13 weeks. My nausea has been subsiding, my appetite is back, my boobs aren't as sore. The decrease in symptoms is just making me freak out so badly...

Nov 14...can't come soon enough

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    Any tips for handling anxiety right around loss dates? I can't help but just worry right now...and I try to tell myself that having a loss after a hearbeat this late in the first trimester twice in a row would be very unlikely...but negative thoughts always creep in.

Masters of Sex doesn't get enough praise...it's a great show
    Me: 28  DH: 30
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
    BFP #1 1/14/16, MC 3/23/16
    BFP #2 9/21/2016, EDD 5/30/2017
  • Options

How far along are you? 7 weeks

How are you doing? Pretty good.  It helps that I’m going to an RE right now, so I have an appointment every week to make sure I’m progressing like I should.

When is your next appointment?   Friday for an u/s!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Today and Thursday are the only full days I am working this week, so it’s a nice week!

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  DH and I have recently gotten into Last Man Standing with Tim Allen and it’s been really good so far!

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/
  • Options

@sarahannexvi I know you must be very anxious for your next appointment, but I’m glad your doctor did not seem too concerned.  I hope it goes well in two weeks!

@peachykeen16 I think it’s so neat how small children have an almost 6th sense about things.  When my SIL was pregnant with our niece, her son kept saying the entire time he was getting a sister and he even ended up naming her.

@MKRLTX Glad you are back!! You have such a great story!

@megsyyx Welcome and I hope this is your rainbow baby!

@halfthetree I’m sorry your husband was in an accident, but I’m glad he’s okay and you got more in insurance than you thought!  That’s always a nice feeling!  I hope you won’t be a single vehicle family for too much longer.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @mrlight we LOVE Last Man Standing! So funny!

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Introduce yourself. : Marisa :) 

How far along are you? 9 weeks 

How are you doing?not throwing up but feel nauseous and constantly exhausted. 

When is your next appointment?   I had one today!! Baby measuring 8 weeks 5 days so basically 9 weeks . Heartbeat 150 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: my hormones are making me bipolar . Lol

Ummm I watch so much TV. "This is Us" on NBC hasn't become my new favorite ! 
  • Options
    @JaginMI I was kind of sad when they got a new Kristen, but I like the new Ryan better!

@xomarisaxo I love This is Us!  It's one of my new favorites, too!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @mrlight When did Kristen and Ryan change?? I have watched the first 2 episodes of the most recent season, so I am a few behind - did it JUST happen?

**TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    @JAGinMI They switched out several roles for Season 2... I like the "new" Kristen better... and assuming the new Ryan better than the original becase I don't remember him.. lol 
    https://www.cinemablend.com/television/Last-Man-Standing-Re-casts-Three-Roles-Season-2-45542.html

@mrlight & @xomarisaxo I love that show, it's slowly becoming a new favorite!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? Per new dates, 6w6d

How are you doing? Alternating between feeling anxious about the symptoms I do have (e.g. back aches, cramping) and symptoms I don't have (e.g. nausea has been pretty strong but every morning I wake up and think, "Am I still as nauseated as I felt when I woke up yesterday?" and sometimes it comes and goes). Felt really deflated by the date changes, not only as something to worry about but also because it sent me back in time where I'm not yet at the 7w milestone I thought I had hit. So how am I doing? Not wonderful but grateful for every day that goes by that I'm still pregnant.  

When is your next appointment?   Scheduled for Nov 23. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Rave for my husband. Most of the time I can't even think about food, let alone try to meal plan and grocery shop (except for random, unhelpful stuff like honey nut cheerios). He took it over this week without me even asking, placed a peapod order and made all the decisions. My children won't go hungry, yay.  

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend? Probably not unknown to sci fi fans but I'm loving Westworld. 
  • Options
    @megsyyx hello fellow MTHFR sufferer! I've had 6 first trimester losses before this pregnancy and found out I'm homozygous C677T. My RE started me on baby aspirin and told me to change my prenatal to a prenatal with L-methyfolate and methylcobalamin instead of the standard form of B12 cynocobalamin. I also cut folic acid fortified foods from my diet. I guess it's working so far since this is the farthest I've ever made it now that I'm 8w4d. Everything seems to be going well.

Hopefully this time around we'll both get take-home babies. <3

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    9w3d
    How are you doing? 
    Eh, been better.  I've continued to have spotting on and off so I'm prepping myself mentally for them to not find a heartbeat at our appointment this afternoon.
    Probably a bad thing, but I know I need to prepare myself for the worst just in case.
    This afternoon with the midwife.  Physical exam and she'll try to find the heartbeat with the Doppler.
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    PGAL brain sucks!  I've been so good about telling myself that I'll just enjoy each day of this pregnancy and if it lasts 8 weeks oh well.  If it lasts 9 months, awesome!  These last couple of days have been harder than others as I'm nearing an appointment.
    The Millionaire Mind book.  It gives you a different outlook on life and how most millionaires get to where they are.
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • Options
    @brij2006 - I'll be thinking good thoughts for you this afternoon! Good luck!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    @brij2006 positive vibes everything will go well!!! Keep us posted! 
  • Options

How far along are you? 
    6w2d
    How are you doing? 
    Okay. I came down with bronchitis and an ear infection last week and I'm just starting to feel human again. Starting to feel the first twinges of nausea and it's oddly comforting.
    November 15. Seems like forever!
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    I'm having  rough time as my son's due date was in a few days from now. It's so strange to miss him so much while simultaneously being so excited about this new little one.
    GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  I just finished reading Unbroken by Laura Hillebrand and I don't know when I've had a book emotionally impact me more. Just started Seabiscuit and loving it so far. Her writing is just beautiful.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JAGinMI said:
    @sarahannexvi That's such a bummer about Punta Cana!  Hopefully you were able to get a full refund?

@c1tym0m22 Yes, Tana French is a good one!  She seems to be a bit of a hidden gem.

@MKRLTX Ahhh! That is wonderful news! So happy for you! What part of the last two weeks is not making sense?

@mrt You have an amazingly busy schedule!  I don't know how you do it!

@megsyyx You have a pretty crazy story! Being on TB boards has made me aware of how common that actually is, though. Good for you for advocating for yourself.

@halfthetree My husband took his car to the mechanic last week and it was only supposed to be there Thu-Sat, and ended up being there Thu-Thu. That week of being a single care family was SO hard! We all continued work and school and none of those places are close to each other! My husband did all the chauffeuring at the beginning and end of the day so ended up with like 4 hour workdays. I feel your pain!
    We're waiting to see! My doctor said she would provide a letter stating I'm not allowed to travel if need be. 
  • Options
    @mrlight thank you! I love Last Man Standing too!
  • Options

@BellaO21 The old Ryan was a Jonas brother (I don’t remember which one), and he was only in two or three episodes.

@brij2006 Good luck today!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm not new, but as a refresher- I had an MMC at 11 weeks last summer. 

How far along are you?

7 weeks, 5 days

How are you doing? 

I'm not doing great today. I was being pretty good about being positive, but today I've just been full of negative thoughts. I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was bleeding. Today I've had some mild cramping, which I know is normal, but still.  With my MMC we didn't get past 8 weeks and it was discovered at my first ultrasound at 11 weeks. So I'm coming up on the 8 week mark now, and don't have an appointment for another two weeks. The fact that I still had symptoms last time and had no indication of a miscarriage isn't helping my head right now :)

My first appointment is 11/15!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes

I got engaged last week :) After many years and 1 kid already it was a long time coming!

I'm a pretty mainstream girl when it comes to TV and books. But my favorite author is David Sedaris. So good.
  • Options
    @megsyyx hello fellow MTHFR sufferer! I've had 6 first trimester losses before this pregnancy and found out I'm homozygous C677T. My RE started me on baby aspirin and told me to change my prenatal to a prenatal with L-methyfolate and methylcobalamin instead of the standard form of B12 cynocobalamin. I also cut folic acid fortified foods from my diet. I guess it's working so far since this is the farthest I've ever made it now that I'm 8w4d. Everything seems to be going well.

Hopefully this time around we'll both get take-home babies. <3
    Hello! Nice to "meet" you  :D
    Oh wow we are exactly the same, I'm homozygous C677T too! 
    So sorry you've had to endure 6 losses, 4 for me has been hard enough  :(
    That's great everything is going well for you too! 
    I'm so glad we don't have to do this alone, doctors make it sound like it's rare and make you feel alone but I've found a lot of people who have it.
    It really would be awesome if we finally got our rainbow babies  <3
    Me: 23  |  DH: 25  | Married: 28.3.14  |  Together Since: 28.07.10
    MC#1 o:) : April 15  |  MC#2 o:) : Aug 15  |  MC#3 o:) : Jan 16  | MC#4  o:) : April 16
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks 2 days, though first US put me back to 7 weeks. I'm staying with the 2 days til my doc tells me to change it. 

How are you doing? I'm doing great. We saw the heartbeat last week and I'm feeling so much more confident that things are going well. Physically, my boobs are still really hurting and my afternoon naps are kind of a necessity. I had two full dinners in the past week. That feels excellent compared to the munching I've done the other days.

When is your next appointment?   November 30th for the 10 week check.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: My husband is doing a lot of extra things around the house. He is usually the better housekeeper so I feel particularly grateful to him now that he took on cleaning out an old shower curtain and keeping the kitchen spills in order, things I usually take care of. I'm using my pregnancy card a lot and I hope he is able to forgive me. I have full intentions to take my chores back when I don't feel so lousy.

GTKY: What book/movie/TV show that isn't well-known within your social circles would you recommend?  Its an older one, but I really loved United States of Tara with Toni Collette. She is one of my favorite actors and in the show she was able to do so much interesting character work with disassociative identity disorder. It was funny and emotional, my favorite kind of show.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8w6d

How are you doing? 
    So far so good. Anxious to hear or see baby again. 

When's your next appointment?
    Nov 15th

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:
    I've been so emotional over the smallest things lately..sheesh! 

I second 'Justified', it's such a good show! 

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW!