PGAL weekly check in 10.31.16 - Page 2 — The Bump
January 2017 Moms

PGAL weekly check in 10.31.16

2»

Re: PGAL weekly check in 10.31.16

• I'm so sorry you're having a rough time @briala.  Your feelings are so normal and completely understandable though.  I have 2 friends IRL that delivered premies -- just a little past your girl's gestational age, but not by much -- and they really struggled with exactly what you said: bonding and feeling overwhelmed.  Also, they struggled with feelings of jealousy and that it just wasn't fair that they couldn't take their baby home right away and have a "typical" or "normal" pregnancy/birth experience.  As hard as it is, try to remind yourself that the best thing you can do for you and your family is to rest and heal.  It must be so frustrating to know that you can't be as mobile as you'd like, or to worry about how your house is not up to its normal standards, especially after being in the hospital for SO long, but all of that can wait. Just like you said, you deserve time and space to heal mentally, emotionally, and physically.  You've been through an incredible ordeal and you are much, much stronger for it.  My heart really goes out to you.  Be kind to yourself.  We are here for you!