Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched/TTA Check-in Week of October 31

2»

Re: Benched/TTA Check-in Week of October 31

• Options
    magnolia131magnolia131 member
    edited November 2016

@adirat I'm definitely cheering you on from the sidelines! I'll be lurking to make sure everything from your appointment ended up being okay. FX this is your cycle after all.

• Options
    @magnolia131 Thank you! And a Bob's Burgers gif, you know me so well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay @adirat Keep us updated about how it goes! 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16
  • Options
    @adirat We're facing an international move this June and that wasn't even stopping us from TTC. We thought the same thing, that we have family and that I could always leave Korea at 7 months and deliver in MA with my ILs. My MIL happens to be a labor and delivery nurse and I really do love them, she's better to me than my own mom. Anyway, I think it's part of that "don't expect it to happen the way you plan" and to just go with it mentality. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @adirat - So happy to hear, and I'll have my fingers crossed that this is your cycle (inconvenient move or not)!!!
  • Options
    Hey @mrsegan13 (and everyone else too  ;) ) I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing this week.  Are your roller coaster emotions getting any better?  
  • Options
    Awww, thank you @RedBreast35. Yes, I'd say the past 8 days have been truly better. Sad moments but not hard days if that makes sense. My HPT was very light on Wednesday (13 days after D&C). Plan to test again tomorrow. Based on my temping, looks like my progesterone is falling too. Just counting down to my follow up appointment November 15th. I'm not allowed to have sex or even orgasm until then because my doctor prescribes "pelvic rest" for a month following D&C. This part is a little discouraging because I have read that 2 weeks is what most doctors say. Doesn't matter so much for TTC purposes (I doubt I'll ovulate before 11/15), but I know life would feel more normal if I could resume intimacy with my husband! Anyway, how are all of you ladies doing? 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16
  • Options
    Wow, @mrsegan13, 4 weeks of pelvic rest is really crappy  :/  I made the mistake of trying a HPT and it was still way darker than I would have expected almost 3 weeks after the D&C. It just sucks to know the waiting is going to go on even longer... I'm glad to hear your week was a little better though!  <3
  • Options
    @RedBreast35, I'm sorry the HPT is still dark. That's so discouraging when all you want is for things to go back to normal. I tried one tonight and it's still faintly positive (my HCG was only at 15,000 to begin with). Just ready for it to be negative too, so I feel like we're in the same boat. Also came home to my D&C bill today. My insurance covers labor and delivery at 100% but the D&C at only 80%. That means we have a bill for about $2,300 to pay for a procedure we never wanted to have happen in the first place. It sucks. But I'm thankful for 0% interest credit cards, which will give us some time to pay. Sending you hugs tonight. 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16
  • Options
    Not TTC related:

We went to the animal shelter today and found a dog. Her name is Maggie and she's a sheltie. She'll stay with them until we get back from vacation because we're leaving soon for 4 weeks. It's a nice change and not to say that a dog is the same as a child in any way, but I feel like we're growing our little family which helps deal with TTA until next fall. We saw the yorkie that I thought we'd get but DH really wants a "real" dog but Maggie is really sweet and calm. 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    Lurking from TWW
    @adirat my left ovary is notorious for hiding. I would often have to press on my abdomen while my RE was doing a vaginal US for him to find it.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    mrsegan13 said:
    *Snip*
    That means we have a bill for about $2,300 to pay for a procedure we never wanted to have happen in the first place. 
    OMG that is such crap. I'm so sorry. My bill was only $200 and it still felt like a slap in the face. 

@slavenski Maggie is such a cutie!!
  • Options
    @mrsegan13 I'm so sorry, that is just throwing salt on an already terrible wound.

@slavenski Maggie is adorable! I both love and hate going to animal shelters, I just want them all!
  • Options
    slavenski said:
    Not TTC related:

We went to the animal shelter today and found a dog. Her name is Maggie and she's a sheltie. She'll stay with them until we get back from vacation because we're leaving soon for 4 weeks. It's a nice change and not to say that a dog is the same as a child in any way, but I feel like we're growing our little family which helps deal with TTA until next fall. We saw the yorkie that I thought we'd get but DH really wants a "real" dog but Maggie is really sweet and calm. 

Pets are family: you're definitely expanding yours by getting a dog. I have my human-child (DSS), and my dog-child. They play like siblings and act like siblings. One just happens to not speak human, and has a lot of hair. :tongue:

Congratulations on finding a dog, though! Maggie is gorgeous and looks sweet!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @slavenski what a cute dog! I don't know how I would have gotten through the past year without my pups. Hopefully she helps bring some extra happiness into your world.

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @slavenski, I love Maggie. She's so cute. Congratulations! 
    @RedBreast35 and @zwink1, Thanks for the support! Indeed, it is salt in the wound, but I'm thankful we're in a situation where we have the resources to cover the expense. 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16