November 2016 Moms
Options

*lurker here*

not an active participant here, mostly because I was too lazy to reset my password for a long time... anyway I'm wondering what early labor was like for all you stm's. With my first son, I woke up with contractions 5 mins apart and vomiting and having chills and had no signs of labor the day before. Right now however, I've spent the last 12 hours in and out of a hot bath because I feel achey without a fever, extremely nauseous, and some belly cramping. Like period ache, not like contractions. Wondering if it's early labor or just a stomach bug!

Re: *lurker here*

• Options
    With DD, my contractions felt like the worse period cramps of my life, like someone was repeatedly punching me in my lower stomach... I never had the full belly pain or tightening that other people have. So it's very likely that you're going into labor. Are the cramps/aches constant or timeable?

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    I honestly have just been dismissing them as a stomach bug until I was just sitting here remembering that I was actually very sick with my first son. I've also been just trying to sleep through it, so I may get up and walk and see what happens. TY!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DD, I was totally fine and all of a sudden, I was in labor.

This time, I'm in what sounds like the same boat. I feel off, I'm cramping and having sporadic contractions, but they are not overwhelming. I've been losing my mucous plug for a few days, but not obvious or "it's happening!" Signs as of yet. I've been using the exercise ball and a hot bath sounds amazing. Gonna add that to my agenda today, which currently includes: take a nap, that's it. Ha!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've felt off the last few days too. Last night I woke up at 1am with extreme nausea. I've also just felt crampy. No baby yet though. I don't remember any of this with my first. With him my water broke at 38w1d, and that was pretty much the first sign of coming labour. This is just frustrating and seems somewhat mean. 
  • Options
    I don't mean to discourage any of you but I was in early labor for almost 2 weeks!! I walked, kept super busy, drank a tablespoon of caster oil and took baths and nothing. I lost my plug through out that time even had my bloody show a week before. 
  • Options
    Still no contractions. Nothing time able with the period like ache either. It just comes and goes. My lower back aches too though along with my ankles so hubby gave those a good massage for me. I could not do this for multiple weeks! I haven't eaten anything but a few bites of soup and jello just because food aversion.