Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
iUI #1- BFN
IUI #2-BFN
IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks

Re: November IUI/IVF

• Options
    Well if anyone does do any infertility treatments this month - I am too. I look and post on the Infertility board but there is way to much trigger talk for me there. It's hard. 
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Options
    Sorry about the infertility board. This journey is hard enough without having to read things that upset us. I hope that your iui or ivf go well this cycle!
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rainbowwishes5 we are meeting with an RE next Monday to talk about first steps. So we won't be doing anything in November but we have reached the point of having to make treatment decisions...I just wish sex was enough. Ugh Good luck with your treatment <3
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Hey all - haven't been around much because ... life got all overwhelming. I'm having a hard time. Anyway, back story is - We are genetic carriers of a rare and fatal disease and our first pregnancy was affected. We lost that pregnancy at 17 weeks- it was a termination for medical reasons, as we did not want our child to suffer and die from this disease, as was the prognosis. We are doing ivf with pgd in order to get some healthy embryos. still waiting for our genetic probe to be designed and going in for more bloodwork tomorrow and hopefully get started. Everything is taking so long and while I sit back and try to be wait the pregnancy annoucements continue to flood my fb message board.
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @stephann85 and @SoonToBeMommaHowe thank you! 
    @KarenBeth714 I'm so sorry for your loss. At least you have an answer? Facebook sucks ugh. FX for a plan!!!
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Options
    I go for bloodwork on the 11/2 to start my IUI process... This past cycle was the first we tried since the last miscarriage and of course it was a bust. 
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this thread, @rainbowwishes5 and best of luck this cycle. I found the Infertility board a little overwhelming and hope that you this board can give you the support you need for you IUI journey! 

@KarenBeth714 I was following your story and am glad to see you back. DH and I are also carriers of a genetic disease and are thinking about IVF with PGD. It's a lot to take in and I'm really struggling. Some days I manage to stay positive and not think about everything too much but other days I fall into anxious thinking and end up in tears. How are you doing? I'm sorry that FB isn't being kind to you while you wait for the genetic probe. Since you are further along in the process, I was wondering if you had come across any concrete information about outcome rates for IVF with PGD when fertility isn't a problem? I think you mentioned in a post that you were thinking about getting a lawyer to help with the insurance. Did you end up going that route? Did you have any luck getting insurance to cover anything? Thinking of you and thanks in advance for sharing any knowledge that you have acquired along the way. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. I'll be in and out of here for support, if I can handle it while we wait.
    @Wingless00  - It's been very frustrating. I keep changing my mind for many reasons.
    First after we chose to tx ( our disease is fatal and not a good quality of life) I was very traumatized and basically went out seeking other options. I found a doctor in maryland who does single gene disorder blood testing (from the mother)  at around 8-9 weeks for 5,000 dollars. I can give you the info if you are interested.. We went to the lab and he designs us a probe. But this cannot guarantee a healthy baby.
      A few months of ttc later and barely getting by after the trauma and seeing how it effected us, I decided to give pgd a shot. We started with first appointments in July. Everything takes so long. First we were told maybe late fall. Now they are telling us maybe in the spring. We need time to design probes and everything. I get it. But the wasted time is just killing me. After leaving our appointment today I told DH maybe we should just try to ttc naturally and just chance it until then. He reminded me that we are doing this bc we don't want to go through it all again but I told him I can't sit and wait and do nothing.  Then if we have another affected, we will still have the probe design happening and that will make me feel better. I am just going crazy and changing my mind. Also, we can't get straight answers out of the insurance companies - I'm starting to think they wont cover anything.
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 I am very sorry you are having to go through all of this after everything you have already been through. I haven't seen you for a while and was wondering how you were doing. Thanks for updating us. Sending internet hugs.
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Options
    @KarenBeth714 I'm so sorry about the wait. Waiting is a special pain in and of itself. I'm also sending some hugs. I can say "hang in there" and other platitudes but it just sucks and I'm sorry.
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 Thanks for sharing your experience and I'm so sorry that you have had such a tough time. The waiting sounds really frustrating, to say the least. My husband and I decided to TTC naturally for now but we both regularly have moments of panic and wonder if we are making the right decision. I'm just not sure that there is a clear right answer here. I would really appreciate the name of your doctor for the probe. This sounds like a more specialized version of NIPT? I've done some research into that but I'm a little confused if we are candidates. Thinking of you! 
  • Options
    I have my IVF baseline appointment tomorrow for round #2 fresh cycle. 

rainbowwishes5 wishing you good luck with your treatment <3 

KarenBeth714 I'm so sorry for your loss and everything you are having to go through. As for the pregnancy announcements in FB, I can totally relate - it sucks and I've recently unfollowed a bunch of friends for this reason :(  
    My TTC history:
    TTC since 2013. Unexplained Infertility *Low ovarian reserve 
    Fibroid removed August2013
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    Fibroid removed December2015
    IVF#1 June2016 (6 eggs retrieved, 5 matured, 3 fertillized, 1 transferred 1 frozen) - BFN  
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  
    IVF#2 November2016 (3 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 2 ) - BFN  
    IVF #3 January2017 (5 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 3 ) - BFN  
    IVF #4 March2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertillized, double transfer ) - BFN  no frosties  
    IVF #5 June2017 (1 egg retrieved, polysermy) Mini IVF - Bust  :'(:'(:'(
    IVF #6 August2017 (4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, transferred 2) - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #7 October2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, transferred 1 early blastocyst - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #8 December2017 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #9 February 2019 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #10 April 2019 ( 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 

• Options
    Any updates @rainbowwishes5 and @IfYouCanDreamIt ?? Thinking of you two! 
  • Options
    Wingless00 been writing on IF IVF board, I'm 5dpt, 3dt. Transferred two embryos and still waiting to feel something. Thank you for thinking of me, your support means a lot! 
    My TTC history:
    TTC since 2013. Unexplained Infertility *Low ovarian reserve 
    Fibroid removed August2013
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    Fibroid removed December2015
    IVF#1 June2016 (6 eggs retrieved, 5 matured, 3 fertillized, 1 transferred 1 frozen) - BFN  
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  
    IVF#2 November2016 (3 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 2 ) - BFN  
    IVF #3 January2017 (5 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 3 ) - BFN  
    IVF #4 March2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertillized, double transfer ) - BFN  no frosties  
    IVF #5 June2017 (1 egg retrieved, polysermy) Mini IVF - Bust  :'(:'(:'(
    IVF #6 August2017 (4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, transferred 2) - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #7 October2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, transferred 1 early blastocyst - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #8 December2017 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #9 February 2019 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #10 April 2019 ( 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 

• Options
    Glad to hear the update @IfYouCanDreamIt ! For now, I'm staying off the IF board but couldn't help but wonder. Hope this round is a success for you!