October 2016 Moms

Re: Petty Problem Saturday 10.29.2016

• I made shredded chicken to eat with my pasta and FI ate most of it on a salad last night ;(
  • I went to a friend's Halloween party down the street while my parents babysat. I made it an hour and a half and just wanted to come back home to be with my baby. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • I want nothing more than to meet my new little one now that I am overdue but I am feeling terrible mom guilt at the thought of missing Halloween trick or treating with DD. So now I am actually wishing she holds off until tomorrow night or later. 
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • As I've mentioned on a few other posts DS1 is extra sensitive and I feel horrible. He was crying that he wanted to sleep in mamas bed because the baby is in our room and he just can't understand why the baby is in our room and he can't be. He threw a bit of a fit and then just needed me to sit on the floor with him and hold him. I sang him our son and he started to cry and it just broke my heart. 

But i know he loves his baby brother and having a sibling is something he is going to treasure. 

The one one good thing about my exclusively pumping self right now while we figure out how to get DS2 to open his mouth wider to latch is that I was able to put DS1 to bed tonight and H was able to feed the baby. 
  • This baby always poops or pees in her first fresh diaper so we usually end up using two per change.

• @serenaxo84 our adjustment has been rough too. My dd is the same, she loves her sister but I know she's super emotional right now. Dh is having a tougher time with the behavior. I am doing pretty well at remaining calm and knowing that she just doesn't really understand jealousy at this point in her life so she isn't handling it as well as we'd hoped. 

The worst is when both dh and I have to tag team the baby and my dd says 'there is nobody for me'. It is the most heart wrenching thing I've ever heard. 

Here's hoping our new normals level out soon.
  • This baby always poops or pees in her first fresh diaper so we usually end up using two per change.
    I sometimes have "four diaper" poops. I've learned to wait but still occasionally have to use two or more. Nothing like saving it up for a fresh dipe
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • @maf9866 they really know how to pull on our heart strings don't they! I hope you guys adjust soon too! It's hard!