March 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 10/27/16

Last UO of October, ladies! Share those unpopular opinions. :)

Re: UO Thursday 10/27/16

• Options
    Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited October 2016
    @bradleerick some of the leggings patterns are kind of cute but one of my coworkers wore them to work and I was like to myself- uhh leave those for home as your pajamas....so not professional. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @EALasagna45 Agree with you re: Christmas! Christmas IS awesome, but so is Thanksgiving and Halloween and fall. Can we just soak up every bit of them all in time and not rush them?

• Options
    @chrlyr I have cat leggings that I wear at home...not in public lol
  • Options
    And apparently it's enormous! :#

• Options
    @Bradleerick HUGE props to REI for a great promo and awesome pic! :)
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 Omg, I would buy cat leggings. I'd also probably only wear them at home too and among those who have to unconditionally love me! 
  • Options
    I was just commenting about this in randoms.  Usually I am a stickler for no Christmas till after thanksgiving. But, this year I am ready for Christmas early and totally caving!  Feeling like-it's never too early for Christmas cheer and good-will to others!  ...maybe it's all the election negativity...? Haha. 
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 I'm not going to judge what people choose to wear (or not wear) in their own homes. More power to you and your cat leggings. 

DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 GIRL, work it!!!
  • Options
    I probably get invited to 2 Lularue parties a week... I don't wear dresses and If I wear leggins it's black leggings with LONG sweaters.  Not to mention I am cheap when it comes to clothes lol.
    Usually I counting down the weeks until Christmas, and I will probably still decorate the first week in November but I also love Halloween and I don't wanna see Christmas stuff until November.  I saw a store that had barely any Halloween and Fall stuff in SEPTEMBER but had Christmas stuff... It's still hot where I live, it's hard enough to get into fall in 90 degree weather, lets stop skipping fall.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think the Baby Brezza Formula machine is dumb. I also don't see a point in a formula pitcher. Making a bottle of formula takes 2 minutes tops and that includes walking from my bedroom to the kitchen. We have safe water here so I just use tap, but a friend of mine that had iffy water just left her bottle of nursery water on the counter and baby drank room temp formula. It seems like it would take a lot longer to have to pour it into the bottle and then pop it in the warmer for 3+ minutes.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    The formula Keurig thing that Gerber makes (called the BabyNes) is totally badass in theory, although kind of meh in practice. I'd love to be able to push a button and have formula mixed and warmed to the perfect temperature. Maybe a FFFC, but I'm semi-seriously considering it. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My DH and I have an ongoing debate of real vs. fake Christmas tree. We agreed to alternate every other year. This year is mine for the real tree and so I've been itching to get my Christmas boxes out to inventory my Disney ornaments ( of course I have several) to see which ones I still need. Plus I think the minnie and mickey salt and pepper shaker are in the Christmas box. The traditional part of me is making me wait til Thanksgiving. 
  • Options
    I would put our Christmas stuff up after Thanksgiving, but we are out of town from turkey day to that sunday, and we host a Christmas/holiday party the first Saturday of December...with our work schedules I usually try to get everything up the weekend before Thanksgiving so I have time and am not rushed...especially this year, since I'm probably going to have to ask our neighbor to help DH get the Christmas stuff out of the attic.

@disneybaby84 I just went to the Disney store and bought a couple of Stitch ornaments (he's my fave) and a friend is mailing me more from Disney World (she lives behind the Magic Kingdom)...she brought me a lot back in February after I had surgery for my ectopic pregnancy, so I can't wait to pull everything out :) 
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    Baby Brezza is on my registry and has already been bought. Good to know it was a good choice. 
  • Options
    @dubcompanion My dad is a retail store manager and he has to work Thanksgiving :( He's been in retail since I was little and it has ruined the holidays for him. He usually gets it off since he's the store manager, but his new store is a train wreck.

@disneybaby84 I grew up hating fake trees but two years ago we finally got one on clearance and I am a convert now. I do miss the smell but it's soooo much easier and less expensive. 

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 Is that a thing? I had assumed that all people allow their pets to interact with their babies, since they live in the same house. We definitely plan to allow our kitty to be with the babies. We'll watch her closely at first since she still has claws, but I'm hoping she will love them! Plus, kitty and baby snuggles are super duper cute!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    @AandDM2014 there are the super parnoid people. Babies will become allergic to cat fur and cats are dangerous and some such fiddle faddle.
  • Options
    EALasagna45EALasagna45 member
    edited October 2016
    @dubcompanion I am right there with you on Black Friday shopping. I've worked in retail for most of my life and typically only "The Holy Trinity" are days given off- Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. Once you start cutting into one of the 3 days an employee should be able to spend time with their family, I'm going to have a problem with that. Although I'm not a hardcore Black Friday shopper, I boycott any companies who make their employees go in on Thanksgiving. It's one day FFS. 

@peony2418 I can't blame you there- Who can't NOT jam to that song once it comes on?

@serenity13 My sister has a "year long" artificial tree. She decorates it depending upon what holiday is nearing. She'll do one with hearts for Valentine's day, American flags for the 4th of July, ect ect. Don't get me wrong I love the holiday season, but I think working in retail has turned me oh so slightly bitter lol 

@Spartanrd4 THOSE LEGGINGS GIVE ME LIFE! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @DrillSergeantCat That's actually super helpful! Part of the reason I said it's meh in reality is cost and the actual ability to use the type of formula/amounts in the pods. We used Gerber Gentle with DS and that obviously isn't what the BabyNes pods are. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @EALasagna45 I worked in retail for a while, and DH still does, so Black Friday does affect us directly. However, even once he leaves retail, it'll forever stay with me how ridiculous that event has become. I absolutely refuse to partake in it. I'm cool with Cyber Monday because a) it's all online, yay and b) it doesn't impact a "Holy Trinity" holiday (good description of them!)

@kap1988 I'm sorry your dad's having to work so many holidays due to his new store. :/ Once, when I complained to my mom about DH's Black Friday work hours, she said, "Your father is a doctor. He works holidays too sometimes." And I quickly retorted, "That's saving lives. This is retail. It is not life or death!" She didn't have a response to that lol. 
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited October 2016
    I can totally see the added reasoning to wait on Christmas when you live somewhere warmer... for me up here in Maine, all the beautiful fall foliage has mostly died and now our trees are bare, the crisp fall days have already turned to bitter cold ones. :( some years we have snow by halloween. 
  • Options
    @kjd291 I spent my childhood on beach for Christmas Eve
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @disneybaby84  I'm all for animals and babies together! I once posted a picture on FB of my dog licking my daughters face, and my DH's aunt responded with something about germs. I responded with something along the line of yeah, it's good for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @kap1988 that's cool, I've never been to California. But being a past Florida resident, it's not too bad. And I am super proud to be that weird adult.  :)