June 2017 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-in 10/26

Hey Ladies!

1. How are you feeling?

2. Anyone have an appointment this week?

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms

4. GTKY: What's one silly lie you were told and totally believed in your childhood? (*totally stolen from TTGP btw*)

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in 10/26

• Hahahha I love it!!!!

im doing ok. Suffering near constant nausea except for today!!  Because now I have a wicked cold.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How are you feeling?
    It's early (4+3ish), so I feel 95% normal. Woke up with nausea last night after sleeping for an hour, but went right back to sleep. The chinese food also may have been a poor choice, so it may be unrelated! Even though I haven't been feeling sick, but nothing really "sounds good" for me to eat, so I relate to your mac & cheese story, @berg! I do have a container of the pre-made kind as a side dish, but I don't know if it will last long!
    When did your symptoms really kick in? 

I have an endocrinologist appt with a new place ear my job (1.5 hrs from where I live) because I don't trust the local one AT ALL to monitor my hashimoto's during pregnancy. Saying I just found out I'm pregnant was like the magic word to securing an appointment ASAP! 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms
    If this old endo doesn't give up my records today so I can bring them to the new endo, I'm going to be SO MAD!

4. GTKY: What's one silly lie you were told and totally believed in your childhood? (*totally stolen from TTGP btw*)
    I can't think of any besides the standard santa/easter bunny, etc. Although at my house, we had like a 12 days of christmas beforehand where "Rudolph" would bring little gifts each night. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • 1. How are you feeling? the answer to this question depends 100% on how much sleep I have gotten the night before.  When I have the time to actually get 8+ hours and still get everything done, I feel pretty good, though slightly nauseated here and there.  When I get my more frequent 6.5-7 hours, I feel like I've been hit my a truck.  I very seriously almost fell asleep at the wheel on my way to the office yesterday.  It was not good.  I have never drank caffeine, so I don't think pregnancy is the best time to start, but the struggle is real.  also I have really weird vivid dreams generally about people I knew in high school that I haven't spoken to in like 15 years, which is super bizarre.  Some of them aren't even on FB, so i don't even know where my brain is coming up with this stuff, because i literally haven't seen or thought about them in ages.  Also, the constipation and bloating...ugh.

2. Anyone have an appointment this week? one week from today (FINALLY).  11/3.

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I don't feel like i have much here.  I'm really ready for my ultrasound.  On the days that I'm not exhausted and I've actually pooped, i feel 100% normal and not at all pregnant, and that's really messing with my brain.

4. GTKY: What's one silly lie you were told and totally believed in your childhood? i can't really think of anything here.  I mean i believed in Santa for a while.  And then was smart enough to know that even when i no longer believed in him i should pretend to because he brings me lots of presents. 
  • Welcome @GlitterFish!  So happy to see you here!!  I feel like my symptoms have been endless revolving door, different ones enter and leave day to day.  My first symptom was sore boobs and they hurt almost immediately and have been fairly consistent.  The gas, mostly burping, started about halfway into week 4.  It's really cute.  I had waves of nausea here and there since week 5.  No puke yet, just where I feel sick and gross.  But this week (6) has been when I've really felt off.  The food aversions are a real issue.  I feel sick because I'm hungry, but nothing is appetizing.  I've been eating Kix like it's going out of style, and they are currently making me want to vomit.  So I'm adding them to the list.  I totally wish I had the 12 days of Christmas growing up!  That sounds awesome!  I was the youngest so once I stopped believing Santa stopped coming on the firetruck on Christmas Eve (with an extra gift of course).  My sister was 18 when it stopped, I was 9.  To this day I try to convince them to get Santa to come on the firetruck.  Hasn't worked yet... fx this year is my year!

@delujm0 I hear ya on the vivid dreams.  I am known to have some pretty weird dreams from time to time, but every dream for the last like 3 weeks has been so clear and so random.  Some of them also have involved people I graduated HS with but haven't seen or spoken to in 15 years.  Another involved my nipples leaking a weird fluid.  Fun.

@swanbrooner Good Luck!!!!!

@claireCF I hear ya.  My DH thinks it's all hysterical.  Laugh it up bub, first diaper change is all you.
  • 1. I'm feeling pretty normal just really tired. 

2. Monday. And it can't get here soon enough. Last night I cried to my husband over my anxiety of the unknown. 

3. I'm tired of myself. Of my anxiety. It needs to gtfo. I just want to be happy. 

4. Just before I turned 5 I had open heart surgery for a defect repair. My parents told me after surgery that if I made my heart beat too fast by running around that it would explode because it needed to rest. I was so scared I didn't even want to move. And I refused to let people hug me because I didn't want my heart to explode. It was effective, I definitely took it easy. 
  • @MotherofDragons aww, you didn't want anyone to hug you!  That's adorable.  And I agree the unknown is the hardest part.  I just want to know what's going on in there and make sure everything is okay.  The wait for the first U/S is the worst.
  • @sevenn ha! Who told you that? 
  • @sevenn that's hysterical and so good to see you here!!
  • @MotherofDragons I don't remember exactly who but I'm sure one of my best friends at the time!

@berg thanks :) it's good to be here

@delujm0 I can't believe I left out the vivid dreams- could totally do without those. Some are disturbing, especially if they're of a sexual nature. I always had strange dreams during my LP... Oh the love hate relationship with progesterone 
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• 1. How are you feeling?  I’m feeling great!  I’ve been really lucky to not have any morning sickness, yet.  I’m just really tired and my boobs are pretty sore.

2. Anyone have an appointment this week?  I had my first u/s this morning!!  Baby measured right on target at 6 weeks 3 days.  I go back next week for a follow up u/s. 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: None!

4. GTKY: What's one silly lie you were told and totally believed in your childhood? (*totally stolen from TTGP btw*)  I’m sure there were many, but I can’t think of any right now!  

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/
  • @berg Omg!  Your troll story is hilarious!  I was absolutely terrified of troll dolls as a kid, so all the moving around would have probably freaked me out.

@ClaireCF I have a brother that is two years younger than me, and I had him convinced when we were kids that he was adopted.  He had bleach blonde hair, fair skin, and light eyes as a kid.  Both of our parents and I all had dark brown hair, tan skin, and dark eyes.  I even found some of those photos that come with the picture frame and told him that was his real family.  I had him in tears.  Needless to say, I got into trouble!

@swanbronner I hope your appointment goes well today!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Glad it was a good appointment, @swanbrooner
  • MY PEOPLE! I'm happy to see you all :)

1. How are you feeling?
    I'm alright...... I felt like I was about to hurl during lunch yesterday and it's on track again for today so the neausa seems to be kicking in an extra gear. DH stayed home from work today because he feels sick though (like he's going to hurl) so I'm really hoping he didn't share that with me. very tired lately as well. Random heartburn.

I'm with @delujm0 - a week from today, FINALLY.

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms
    In relation to how I'm feeling: Does anyone know if there's a " preferred" time frame to get the flu shot while pregnant? I was going to ask at my appt, but I fly across country the next day and with DH being sick, I realize I should probably give the shot time to build antibodies. I'm just not sure if there's a window that's considered more safe than others (I'm currently 6w1d). 

4. GTKY: What's one silly lie you were told and totally believed in your childhood? 
    Oh man. I was such a gullible child, which is probably why I'm such a cynical toad now. the biggest one ( and a classic) is that my evil uncle told me swallowing watermelon seeds will grow watermelons inside of me. To this day, I will only eat about 4 different veggies. 
  • @Elyse1384 That is a really cute misunderstanding!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @Elyse1384 That is really sweet. And screw statistics. You deserve to be happy after 3 years of failed attempts. Enjoy this awesome streak!