Gingers unite — The Bump
February 2017 Moms

Gingers unite

And parents of ginger spawn. 
You all know my kid is ginger because I'm a huge AW, and we have a few gingers and ginger spawn. 
AW here! 

Re: Gingers unite

• @kirstynikole your hair is amazing! I think I tried most of my teenage years trying to Féria it that color 
    Starfish113
  • She was so far down on my cervix that her little nose was smooshed to the side 
  • @Spicyweiner She was super ginger from day one! That is so cute!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    kirstynikole
  • @Spicyweiner She was super ginger from day one! That is so cute!
    Yeah, it hasn't changed! Her brows are ginger, but her lashes are dark brown. 
  • I REALLY hope this next one is ginger too. 
    kirstynikole
  • Ugh. My lashes and brows are blonde. It works out for me when I'm too lazy to shave my legs though! It always grows back almost invisible.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    kirstynikole
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger  Oh pretty long hair!!! I made the mistake a few years ago of dying mine after highlights. The first person made it a super weird purple-red, thankfully the girl I saw after did this great Vegan treatment that lifted the pigment to my natural color after a few applications. I just had to let the highlights grow out- thankfully they weren't too thick.

@Spicyweiner thank you! And jeesh your kid had some hair! My kid came out with a touch of ginger fuzz- it's just now beginning to actually grow!

I'm trying to find a picture of my H when he was a few months old. He was born ginger & it grew out blonde when he turned about a year. He's now got red in his sideburns & beard, so I'm pretty sure DS #2 will be ging too, but who knows!

LivingLaVidaGinger
  • I have pretty pale brown/blonde eyebrows and over the last few years I've been getting my eyebrows dyed at the Ulta benefit brow bar! It's amazing!! Nothing too intense but helps so much rather than just filling in.

• @Kashy17 you never know, he could end up passing on the gene and having a redhead kid one day!! Hehe 

Kashy17
  • I love ginger babies. They are seriously the cutest! 

I am hoping our kid comes out with red hair... H was a toehead as a kid and now has light brown hair. But his beard is definitely more on the red side. I have brown hair, but there are a number of redheads in my family, so it's definitely possible! All I know is our kid will likely have an unruly mop of curls, given both H and I have unruly mops ourselves.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kirstynikole I hope that will happen!  

I am the only one with red hair on both sides of my family from my grand parents down.  And I have a pretty large family.  Mostly everyone is brunette and a few blondes.  Both of my grand fathers had red hair but I'm the only one who ended up with it haha  
  • I know that for two non red heads, (like h and I) the red gene has to be on both sides of the family. 
    kirstynikole
  • @Spicyweiner  H's grandma was a redhead too.  So maybe there is hope that this baby girl will be a ginger! 
    kirstynikole
  • Kashy17 said:
    @Spicyweiner  H's grandma was a redhead too.  So maybe there is hope that this baby girl will be a ginger! 
    I don't think it needs to be the case for you though, because you are ginger. 
    kirstynikole
  • Kashy17 said:
    @Spicyweiner  H's grandma was a redhead too.  So maybe there is hope that this baby girl will be a ginger! 
    I don't think it needs to be the case for you though, because you are ginger. 
    Right. I remember in one of my Bio classes, the teacher was discussing that Red is a kind of dominant gene, it's strange in the sense that it often blends with the other gene. So like with me and my H, our son's blended with red & blonde to Ginger. My hair is a bit deeper than my mom's color because my dad was a brunette with auburn tones. Not sure how much knowledge my teacher had on the topic, but I found it interesting. 

Kashy17
  • skiingstarkskiingstark
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Love Its 500 Comments First Answer
    edited October 2016
    I could have a red head baby. My mom is a redhead and my husband has red mixed into beard because his dad is a redhead. We shall see :) 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • This was a few weeks ago, but I'm a ginger! DS's hair is getting more red and I'm so excited  feeble 
    Spicyweiner