Infertility

WTF Wednesday

Let's have it ladies - what's making you WTF today? 

This is the place to type your frustrations out and vent.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
TTC #1 since October 2015
IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
EDD: Oct 4th 2017
TEAM: PINK!!
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday

• @babymish I love that you're starting GTKY threads over here!  That stuff with the NHS sounds infuriating - I hope you've gotten everything you need (or are making strides with getting it now)!  Also, that guy was so rude!  I had two people shove me out of the way to get on an airplane a few weekends ago (once going there, once coming back).  I turned to DH and asked him if I have that kind of face that makes people think they can just push into me and move me.  

I don't have a WTF yet, but the day is young still.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • PennStateCaitPennStateCait member
    edited October 2016
    @babymish Your day just sounds awful. I would have been beyond frustrated. I can't believe they got all condescending with you.. of course you're worried! You needed time-sensitive labwork done. And then a belly shove.. it's just such a bad day that it's comical at that point. I'm so sorry!

@mrsdee15 The day sure is young! I don't really have a WTF today either but I'm going to rant just to rant :)

So my mild WTF is that DH and I work together. We work together in an office of 6 people. So now with all of these doctors appointments that involve both of us, it's just getting kind of fishy. And my coworkers are unprofessionally nosy because it is only 6 of us. I'm just starting to get worried about when we'll get the inquisition. The good news is that my boss knows the situation.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• @PennStateCait you're a saint. I don't think I could work with DH!!

My WTF is WTH did I get AF already? I am so at a loss. I was only 11 dpo! At least I didn't have to wait until the Beta to get the bad news. 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• @PennStateCait  Oh man, the appointments thing is hard.  I work in a smaller department and told my supervisor what's going on so she knows why I keep having appointments.  I've known everyone here like 20 years because it's a family company.  **Possible TW?  Someone else's pregnancy** Anyway, she chose to come in and tell me another coworker is pregnant then straight up asked if I was... nope.  Awkward, thanks for that.  

• Thanks @mrsdee15 @PennStateCait - I guess the belly shove is pretty comical now I am safely at home :) but at the time I think I nearly killed him with the look I gave him :w

@PennStateCait How much better is it when your boss knows right! At least you have that, but yeah, it must be slightly awkward disappearing together a lot now.

Sorry for the early AF @madasm0530 that always sucks. I still haven't worked out if a negative test or AF is better....if either of them at all..

IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @madasm0530 Haha thanks! It's tricky at times. I'm so sorry about AF before your betas. That is heartbreaking. So many hugs to you.

@mrsdee15 Yeah, I am definitely worried about that question!! I would probably burst into tears if someone asked me that.

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left

• @zoey1019 Well your friend is dumb for leaving her chat open at work. But that is too funny! 

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015

• I'm so sorry about AF, @madasm0530.  Huge hugs to you. 

• OMG @Zoey1019 no way!! I'd love to know what your grievances were that your boss read haha

IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Zoey1019  Yep, really happened.  If you knew her you would not be surprised.

I can't believe your friend's boss read all of it!  Though honestly this woman at my work would do that if she could, she wants to know everything about everyone.  

• @mrsdee15 I never would even think to turn my phone over, so it could have happened to me too! lol Nosey people...
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• @MMD1986 I agree!! The little gossips!! 
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• @MMD1986 the guys are the WORST!  They come in, sit down, and start with the "have you heard..."  NO!  I haven't heard because I don't care.

my WTF is why won't my left ovary stop twitching?  I went for acupuncture on Saturday, and the little bugger has been itching from the inside ever since.  Oh, and I f*cking HATE my job!  Just gotta make it through the holidays then it's back to the job hunt.

@PennStateCait tell them that you and DH are in couples counseling!  I'm 32 and have gone for pap's, mammograms, mole checks, and anything else I can think of without saying fertility appointment.  DH is going to have a "colonoscopy" soon ;)
  • I like your style @LuluMurph, I generally go with "I have a meeting"...but Im starting to run out of businesses I can meet with - on top of my real meetings that is...

I also have to make up a story about how the meeting went each time, awkward.

IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @LuluMurph Haha funny you should say that because we are going to start going to couple's counseling starting tomorrow! I'm nervous and excited. But that is a good white lie to use.

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015

• @madasm0530 my period game 2 days early this cycle too and I didn't even get to my actual test day. How rude! 

I totally agree with you all about the nosey men at work. Today, a male co-worker asked why another female co-worker left early today and I said because she was feeling sick. He immediately leaned in closer to me and in a super gossipy tone was like "do you think she's pregnant???"  No, Bro. I don't think she's pregnant. I think she ate some bad food. Get back to your job. Geez!  

My WTF is our refrigerator is about to die. It's the one that came with the house and matches all of the other appliances. When we get a new one, we plan to switch to an entirely different style...so now, instead of just needing a new fridge, we are going to neee to get all new appliances because I'm crazy and everything has to match. Happy Holidays to us... :#
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • I'm super late to the party! Because....

I usually have the office to myself this time of year. I share with two other people, including my boss, but since they both do Christmas arrangements for the holiday season I'm normally alone in the office on and off, mainly on, from about the beginning of October until after Christmas. Which is lovely because I can surf the web when I have down time. But starting today the accounts payable woman is sitting in my office because her office is upstairs. And right now there is a raccoon infestation in the attic, which her office is next too, and the odor of raccoon urine is so strong up there it's giving her dizzy spells and headaches. So she's using my bosses desk until they take care of the problem. But it's a problem for ME because I can't mess around when she's in there lol. 
  • @beary67 Picking out all new kitchen stuff sounds fun!  I have dreams of that someday. 

• @beary67 I have dreams of redoing our kitchen but really it's functional and not terribly old so I don't have a viable reason right now. 
    @madasm0530 Don't you hate nosey men? or women for that matter?! one of my male co-workers asked if my husband and I wanted to have kids. I said yeah, someday we hope. he then asked how old I was. I replied 31. he followed that up with "why are you waiting". I've gotten frustrated with the frequent inquisitions and effort required to lie effectively so I just said "we're NOT waiting". all he said to that was "oh". really? Why would you even ask those questions. 
    My own WTF happened at the dentist office. In the waiting room 2 women we're talking about childhood illnesses and one of them started going off about infertility. "I know people really want to have a baby but all these fertility meds are crazy. People take all these fertility drugs and turn themselves into science experiments. And it gives babies cancer and makes them sick". All I could do was stare at first then I got really pissed off and ended up hiding in the bathroom to avoid saying lots of unkind things. People just suck sometimes. Happy Wednesday!
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Maine, USA
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    Acupuncture (off and on) + OPKs 6/15-8/16 all BFNs
    RE appt 8/16
    HSG - normal
    AMH- 0.697ng/ml DOR

DH's SA: perfect
    Genetic screening: ME: cystic fibrosis carrier DH: not CF carrier
    Clomid + IUI 9/24/16 BFN
    RE consult: 10/20/16 IVF recommended
    BCPs 11/4/16 Antagonist cycle with Gonal-F, hCG, Ovidrel trigger, Cetrotide, & Endometrin. 
    4 follicles from 14mm to 24.5mm
    ER 12/23: 3 eggs, 2 fertilized
    ET 12/28: 2 5day blasts, transferred 1 froze 1
    Beta #1 1/7/16 216.3!!! 

• @JMScott12 wow! Glad you were able to hold your composure during those comments. That is awesome. Some people are so ignorant to what they say.
  • @JMScott12 WOW.  I would have started crying, good for you and your composure.

• @JMScott12 kudos to keeping it together!  I probably would have lost my marbles on them, but I'm 50 shades of crazy and have a snarky comeback for almost everything....  I would have told that male coworker that I'm just waiting to get his job, then I'll have a baby

@PennStateCait DH and I did counseling, it was ROUGH, totally rewarding, but man, that was hard.  Our therapist was actually named Dr. Grimm, HA!  Remember, 90% of the problems will be worked out at home and only 10% in the office.  It almost broke us, but when we came through the other side it felt like we were invincible
  • @LuluMurph I often wish I had a few snarky comebacks in my back pocket but I'm usually just so dumbfounded by people's ignorance that I can only stare. Maybe I need a few shades of crazy...
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Maine, USA
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    Acupuncture (off and on) + OPKs 6/15-8/16 all BFNs
    RE appt 8/16
    HSG - normal
    AMH- 0.697ng/ml DOR

DH's SA: perfect
    Genetic screening: ME: cystic fibrosis carrier DH: not CF carrier
    Clomid + IUI 9/24/16 BFN
    RE consult: 10/20/16 IVF recommended
    BCPs 11/4/16 Antagonist cycle with Gonal-F, hCG, Ovidrel trigger, Cetrotide, & Endometrin. 
    4 follicles from 14mm to 24.5mm
    ER 12/23: 3 eggs, 2 fertilized
    ET 12/28: 2 5day blasts, transferred 1 froze 1
    Beta #1 1/7/16 216.3!!!