March 2017 Moms
Options

Multiples Weekly Check-In (10-24)

Since it seems that  @mrsnap_515  is taking a Bump break, I thought that I would kick the check in off this week. We miss you! Come back soon! :)

1. How far along are you? 

2. How many multiples are you expecting? 

3. Any recent appointment updates

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc

5. Have you started a registry yet? Any registry items you're looking at, or any registry questions for the STM's?

6. Team Green, or will you find out? (or do you already know??) 

7.  Any current cravings or aversions?

8. Anything else you want to share this week, or questions, concerns, etc?

GTKY: With the holidays coming up - What traditions are you most excited to continue and/or start with your little ones? Any that you will actively avoid?
Me 29 I DH 28
Married in April 2007
One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

Re: Multiples Weekly Check-In (10-24)

• Options
    1. How far along are you? 18 weeks

2. How many multiples are you expecting?  2 miracles, di-di

3. Any recent appointment updates? Anatomy scan and follow up on Monday

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc?  a lot of pelvic pressure and pain when I'm doing a lot of up and down at work

5. Have you started a registry yet? Any registry items you're looking at, or any registry questions for the STM's? STM here, not registering

6. Team Green, or will you find out? (or do you already know??)  two boys, woop woop!

7.  Any current cravings or aversions? aversions to everything.. I just don't ever feel like eating anymore

8. Anything else you want to share this week, or questions, concerns, etc? I'm ready to be done work now and it's so early. but when I'm at home I feel fine, when I'm at work I'm so uncomfortable. Talking to the DR next week to see if she has any tips

GTKY: With the holidays coming up - What traditions are you most excited to continue and/or start with your little ones? Any that you will actively avoid?
      I'm looking forward to EVERYTHING!! I love everything Christmas, can't get enough!!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    1. How far along are you? - 21 weeks & 5 days 

2. How many multiples are you expecting? - Di/Di Twin Miracles 

3. Any recent appointment updates? - Appointment with MFM today but nothing super exciting (though hearing the heartbeats will NEVER get old) - Just urine, blood pressure, glucose levels, weight, etc.

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? - I'm feeling okay. I get tired incredibly easy and if I am on my feet for any length of time (we are talking a freaking grocery store run) my back feels like it is going to break in two. Ordered a support belt to see if that helps with the back pain at all. Both babies are moving all the time and you can feel distinctive kicks from the outside now - pretty fun stuff!

5. Have you started a registry yet? Any registry items you're looking at, or any registry questions for the STM's? - We finished our Target registry and just need to finish up Babies R Us. We wanted to get it done early because our first shower will be in early December due to scheduling around the holidays and I know that I will deliver anywhere between about the third week of January through the second week of February.

6. Team Green, or will you find out? (or do you already know??) - Found out at our anatomy scan last week that we are having a precious little boy and a precious little girl! We could not be more thrilled. 

7.  Any current cravings or aversions? - I crave Sprite like it is my job! 

8. Anything else you want to share this week, or questions, concerns, etc? - I am looking forward to my ultrasound next week. They will do echocardiograms on the babies (standard practice for Type 1 Diabetic mamas) and a growth scan on both babies to make sure that baby girl is doing okay because she was measuring 8 days behind at her anatomy scan. I am hoping that they can also check to see if the cyst on her brain has resolved itself. 

GTKY: With the holidays coming up - What traditions are you most excited to continue and/or start with your little ones? Any that you will actively avoid? - 
    I adore Christmas. All of my and DH's families are really close by which is really nice but also makes for some very hectic holidays with trying to get everywhere to spend adequate time with everybody. We are really looking forward to scheduling in some down time just to be our little family of four (well five if you include my furbaby ;) ). We are also planning to do a family "gift" on Christmas eve that has a new movie, a game, Christmas PJs, hot chocolate, ect. that will be our Christmas Eve tradition. :) 
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello ladies! This is my first week participating as I hadn't wanted to join in a birth month group until I was sure it seemed likely this pregnancy would continue.

1. How far along are you? 
    I am 15+4 today

3, all fraternal as we transferred 3 embryos and all 3 took.

3. Any recent appointment updates? 
    We had an appointment on Monday where it was discovered that baby A has something called velamentous cord insertion. She'll have to be monitored to make sure it doesn't cause any problems.

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? 
    I actually feel really good. I haven't had any barfing, and I'd say right now my worst two symptoms are headaches and tiredness. And even those are that bad this past week, though I did have to take an ibuprophen yesterday because I couldn't take the head pain anymore.

5. Have you started a registry yet? Any registry items you're looking at, or any registry questions for the STM's?
    I have an Amazon registry started, but it's still private until we announce at 17 weeks to the world that we're having three. I'll go to BRU the next time DH has to go to work to do the registry there, and probably Target too. I actually saw a great deal on Amazon today only for select Graco products, and I emailed our mothers right away to ask them if either had planned to get us a stroller since the one we want is on sale for $150! DHs mom responded saying she did want to buy that for us, so there is one item down that I don't have to worry about!

We found out on Monday that A and C are girls and B is a boy!

No, I just love food. I can pretty much eat anything, though some foods I just didn't like pre-pregnancy smell horrid now. I generally am not a fan of sugary things, which is great because I really don't want GD!

I'm glad to be joining a group of multiple mommies! I don't know anyone IRL who has multiples, let alone 3!

Hmm... That's a toughie. I don't really feel like growing up we had too many traditions, other than visiting my moms side every CE and my dads every CD. Since the matriarch of my moms side passed a few years ago, her kids haven't really continued it, which is a shame because we don't see them often.
    It is a tradition in my family that if you buy a new house, Christmas is held there that year. Unfortunately this year we're slated to spend CD with DHs family, so I dunno what we're gonna do about that! Maybe have CE at our house, since it's only going to be a few people.
    Currently we always spend the night CE at DHs parents house and do Christmas morning presents and breakfast with them, but we're planning to move down there, so at least spending the night won't continue.
    I think we'll actively avoid "boxing day" (not that we've ever done it in the past) because Christmas decorations already don't get much time up, so we like to keep them up until at least NYD.
    I saw someone on my Insta who does something called a "fall tree" where she sets up her Christmas tree and decorates it will fall things once fall starts, then takes them off after Thanksgiving and put Christmas ones on. We're definitely going to do that next year! (would have done it this year if we weren't hoping to move my Christmas, which means we aren't setting up our tree at all)

@Finallyhismrs07 I love your Christmas Eve gift idea! That is wonderful!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    1. How far along are you? 20 weeks 4 days

2. How many multiples are you expecting? 2 mono di little miracles

3. Any recent appointment updates? saw MFM last friday. she wants me back next monday. Baby A is now caught up. was measuring at 20 weeks but baby B is 8 days behind baby A =/ i guess really its cus Baby A caught up, but she wants to make sure baby B is not falling behind.. and both hearts are doing ok. Hope so. I'm kind of worried still but trying to stay positive.

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc? i can't get a good night sleep so i try to take a lot of naps. always tried. my feet ... both of them are pretty swollen. i def have gone up a shoe size.

5. Have you started a registry yet? Any registry items you're looking at, or any registry questions for the STM's? yup! i did a few! but we decided to stay with buy buy and target for our shower. the rest is for goodie bags collection. fyi if u tell them u are expected multiples u get more than one bag!! (most places)

6. Team Green, or will you find out? (or do you already know??) 2 little girls

7.  Any current cravings or aversions? nope not really

8. Anything else you want to share this week, or questions, concerns, etc? nada its been a busy week since my parents are in town and decided to swing by and visit a few times

putting up the christmas tree!!!!! but I'm not sure we are doing it this year.

SaveSave
  • Options
    @mrsyimster Thanks for the hint about telling the registry peoples we're expecting multiples! I'm totally gonna do that when I go in!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    *** Question for the group***
    Working moms-to-be: How long are you intending on working for? Do you have a specific plan on when you might transition to maternity leave?

@AandDM2014 Welcome! I think you're the only one right now with triplets on this board, but you're in good company with lots of twin moms and even a quad mom! I would suggest looking into local mom of multiple groups on facebook. I joined one and i feel like it is helping to mentally prepare me for what life will be like at pretty much every stage of both pregnancy, newborn, infancy, and on. 

@mrsyimster Which places gave you the two registry bags? 

1. How far along are you
    ? 19 weeks. Halfway for the max my OB would let me go. Woo Hoo!

2. How many multiples are you expecting? di/di twins

3. Any recent appointment updatesNo... Still on the every 4 week track, and my anatomy scan is on the late end of the spectrum (not until 20 + 5...). I know that this is a good thing, it means I'm not high risk, but the wait is driving me nuts.

4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etcOK, I've been super stressed at work and that was making me more tired, but unable to sleep well. Also, the constipation is REAL. Last week I went a whole week. ONE. WHOLE. WEEK. 

5. Have you started a registry yet? Any registry items you're looking at, or any registry questions for the STM'sYep, Buy Buy, Target, and Amazon. I'm having a hard time deciding which items should go on each? Do i put the same things on all 3 and remove the items when the get purchased? I've been getting a lot of good info from the mom of multiples facebook group i joined (local to Chicago area). I have a better idea of what I should register for and what I should try to get used. I'm still trying to figure out what i want to do as far as bassinets are concerned, and cribs (my husband is disabled, and drop front cribs have been banned...) We requested info for a crib that is handicapped accessible, but it seemed like a scam. They didn't give us any idea on the price and basically just told us to send over our insurance info  :|  

6. Team Green, or will you find out? (or do you already know??)  I want to know. At my 16 + 5 appt the tech told me they're probably both boys, but she couldn't get a super clear picture because they were moving around so much and Baby B had the cord between his/her legs, too. This will likely be my only pregnancy, and I have mixed feelings about 2 boys. 

7.  Any current cravings or aversionsI want to eat everything. Still all about salty things, but also all of the fruit.

8. Anything else you want to share this week, or questions, concerns, etcI put my question at the top of my post, I've been thinking a lot about maternity leave. Full disclosure, I plan on taking leave and then not coming back to my job. My salary isn't enough to afford daycare for 2, and had intended to become a SAHM before we started planning our family. I'm already having a tough time with a 1 hr commute each way (30 min of that is train, 15-20 walking, 10-15 buffer to not miss the train), and dealing with awful office chairs.... I have no idea how I would be able to do this once I'm at 34 or 36 weeks! I am already working from home once a week. I tried to skip my home day last week and I was a hot mess by Friday.

Hmm, I haven't thought much about it. Both H and my family gets together on Christmas Eve, I guess I'm excited to make Christmas Day ours. I can't wait until I can have the families come over to my place to spend time with the babies! Also, They'll be around 9 months  for their first XMas, and that'll be such a fun age!!!
  • Options
    @direwolfmini Thank for the welcome! I had thought about looking into a FB group, but we haven't announced yet that we're having triplets, so if it was a public group the surprise would get out. I think after we do I'll definitely look into it and see if there are any in the area we are moving to! Congrats on being half way! I'm sorry that you're having such bad constipation. That sucks. I'm surprised that at your last appointment you didn't get a clear shot of some baby genitals. They must have been moving like crazy!! Kudos to you for doing such a crazy commute, I know there is no way I'd be able to handle that. You are one tough momma!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @direwolfmini I've been thinking a lot about when to stop working, too.  My maternity leave is great but can't start until they day they're actually born. I will am thinking of insisting on working from home starting at 30 weeks (my job is crazy hours but flexible about working from home), especially since I take public transportation to and from work and it will be too hard to do it in the winter being huge.  I may take unpaid leave starting at 34 weeks, or use up a week or two of vacation starting then and work out what happens if they end up making it all the way to 38 weeks further down the road.  I have a really great salary and we need my income so being a SAHM isn't in the cards for me right now even after factoring in how expensive childcare is in NYC.

I have short term disability insurance but it isn't great and I'm not sure if I'll qualify before the birth if I'm not officially put on bedrest or anything.  I haven't looked into it, though. 
  • Options
    @AandDM2014 I know what you mean about waiting until you go public. I didn't join the MoM group until after we announced on Facebook, which I did earlier than I wanted (14 weeks) because my ultrasound at 12 was clear and because I was already showing!! I hadn't even really thought about joining a facebook mom group, but a girl I went to high school with (and hadn't talked to in like... 15 years?) has twins and reached out after we announced on facebook! I'm grateful she did!

I was lucky that the tech even took the time to look at our 16 week appointment! It was suppose to be an ultrasound for heart tones only. I'm still seeing a normal OB. At this practice if I were pregnant with a singleton I wouldn't have had an ultrasound at all, it would have been a doppler! My AS is with a MFM, so I'm looking forward to that.
  • Options
    @anonellis It is a lot to think about, right? I feel like most of the moms of singletons I know worked up until the day before delivery (one was in labor at work and didn't even realize it!), but I feel like it's a whole different ball game for multiples! You're right, winter is going to be a big factor, too! Public transit + snow and ice = dangerous when your center of gravity is off. I fell twice last year, I really don't want to take any risks this winter.

Sidenote: I'm also wondering at what point people give up their seats on the train for pregnant women? I'm beginning to think never. 
  • Options
    @direwolfmini We told everyone from the start that only one took (transferred 3 embryos via FET), because the likelihood of one or more stopping growing was very real. By the time we felt safe, I was so close to my birthday that we decided to wait until our parents came up to celebrate, which was a great way to start the party! We're planning to announce when I'm 17 weeks, as that will be halfway, with a fun blog post about how we're dirty dirty liars! How interesting that your 16 week was only going to be for heart tones. I think if I had twins, I'd see a regular OB most of the time, but because it's three I only saw her the very first time so they could confirm triplets (I did IVF at an outside clinic so my insurance had no involvement until about 7ish weeks), then I was sent to the MFM. I've been with him since, and will be with him until we move, when my care will transfer to a different MFM at the closer hospital where I'll likely deliver. It's pretty cool because he does ultrasounds every visit, which is every two weeks, so we both get to see them often! I'd say be prepared for it to be different from your other ultrasounds, if you've had more than one. I was used to seeing the screen the whole time, but with my MFM he has the screen pointed away from me, and I only get to see them for about 90 seconds at the very end (DH gets to see them the whole time though). It was weird at first, but now I know that I get to just stare at the ceiling while he's taking measurements and stuff.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @AandDM2014 Thanks for the insight!

Also, what an exciting update for your family! Kudos for keeping it under wraps for so long! I can't wait to hear how they react!
  • Options
    1. How far along are you?  17 weeks 2 days

4 little miracles
    3. Any recent appointment updates
    Not yet, we go for our anatomy scan next week and hopefully also able to find out the genders!
    4. How are you feeling, symptoms, etc?
    Still very sore, which has been my biggest symptom since day one. Also I'm having a hard time breathing and get winded easily. Mentioned this to my Dr and both seem to just be normal symptoms just amplified due to growing faster. 

5. Have you started a registry yet? Any registry items you're looking at, or any registry questions for the STM's?
     yes we started our registry ay Buy Buy Baby this weekend and also plan to possibly register at Babies R Us as well as we have family membera that work at both and I'm hoping we can use their employee discount on some items!

Hoping to find out next week!
    Still no major cravings just happy that I am able to eat! the first couple of months were very rough.

Christmas eve with family. A tradition we have is everyone gets a present to open on Christmas eve that consists of a new set of pajamas, a Christmas book ( for the kiddos) and a new Christmas movie  we then spend the evening in our pajamas eating snacks and watching the new movie.
  • Options
    @direwolfmini target and buy buy and babies r us all did =]

SaveSave