May 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change

I didn't see one so I figured I'd start! 

Baby is the size of a lemon at 13 weeks!

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change

• Options
    Where is all the information included with a ticker change post?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What do you love to do when you have alone time?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13 weeks

How big is baby? A lemon. Which seems huge when I look at our lemons growing in the backyard. But makes me feel better about my stomach size. Haha

Appointments this week? Not for 3 more weeks. 

Symptoms? Still some nausea and very very congested. Leftover from a cold from weeks ago but still coughing up nasty stuff in the morning. Which doesn't help with the nausea. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'll rave about the baby's sex. I can't decide if I want to know or not and I'm driving myself crazy. I originally wanted the surprise. Now I'm very impatient. DH wants a surprise but I know he wants a girl so I am not sure if he should be surprised or not. 

GTKY: What do you love to do when you have alone time? Ahhhhh alone time... that sounds amazing. Ideally I'd do a spa day. But that would have to be a gift or special occasion. Then I'd say a jacuzzi and wine. That can't happen for awhile. So for now I'd say a mani/pedi and some shopping alone. This hasn't happened in 4 years!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Umm happy one woman HDBD?  :D

How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? A Lego man

Appointments this week? Finally had my first appointment yesterday. Measuring dead on and has a strong heartbeat and likes to wiggle. 

Symptoms? Nausea has subsided substantially thank god. Still have to eat frequently to keep it at bay though and I'm over that game. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just some randomness about my appointment. I have my same doc as last time which is great and when I asked him for his views on TOLAC he said he was taught "somewhere that did some real cowboy stuff" so he's pretty open to it. Good talk about where he draws the line and we came to an agreement it is a solid maybe but no promises. He showed me what he uses to calculate he odds of it being successful and I am on the border so it's good to know that ahead to manage my expectations some. 

GTKY: What do you love to do when you have alone time? I have a toddler so napping is the obvious choice. I also like to go for long drives. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    12 weeks, plum-sized.

No appts this week, but I got my NIPT results-- all normal! Whew! We're team green so we're going to wait to find out the gender. 

Still a bit nauseous (evening sickness, mostly) and tired, but I'm hoping I'll start feeling better soon. Had to wear a belly band with my pants today, so either things are starting to get real or I'm just super bloated. 

Alone time... Lately I've been wallowing on the couch after work due to nausea and researching baby gear, but under normal circumstances I'd call family/friends, catch up on reading, plan a happy hour, or go for a run. 

• Options
     @WombThereItIs due date twins!!  Yay for everything measuring on track and a strong heartbeat!!  I had to look up TOLAC...pregnancy brain.  I LOVE your doctor "he was taught "somewhere that did some real cowboy stuff"".

@cclaineDC Yay for normal NIPT results.  Team green...you are a strong woman.

• Options
    achays11achays11 member
    edited October 2016

How big is baby? The size of a strawberry. 

Appointments this week? Monday cannot come soon enough. 

Symptoms? Pretty much the same. Tired and afternoon/evening nausea. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? This will be my 92-year old grandma's third great-grandchild, and she is willing it/wanting it to be a boy. She has taken to giving us name suggestions and since she is Cuban she has to add -ito to everything. It is the cutest thing!! 

GTKY: What do you love to do when you have alone time? Alone time? What is this that you speak of? Once in a blue moon when that happens, I usually take myself for a pedicure. 

ETA: great-grandchild
  • Options

How big is baby? prune

Appointments this week? not for a few weeks

Symptoms? not wanting to eat meat or much else really. Dinnertime is especially hard. Right now I'm just craving bagels with cream cheese!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Annoyed about how my practice does appointments. I'm already a week behind and the receptionists aren't allowed to schedule appts any sooner than 4 weeks apart. At this rate my anatomy scan won't be until I'm closer to 22 weeks. I'm already close enough to the end of the month - don't need to feel even more behind everybody else.

GTKY: What do you love to do when you have alone time? nap, catch up on TV I've missed

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @JonesBaby0624 Your fiance is awesome! What a great story :) Glad he'll be able to make it to your appointment!
  • Options
    cclaineDC said:
    @JonesBaby0624 Your fiance is awesome! What a great story :) Glad he'll be able to make it to your appointment!
    He is an awesome guy!  I think I will keep him!!

• Options
    @IvyMagic828 can the doc not make the appointment or the nurse?  You don't want to wait until 22 weeks for the anatomy scan.  That sucks!!

• Options
    @IvyMagic828 have you told your doc about this problem? He might not like that plan either and since this isn't a real appointment, it's with a tech it's pretty different. They might be able to nudge the front office to make it happen. 

I am the the first person being seen in my clinic for OB care so I am a mega guinea pig. It's a lot of work being patient but also know when to send up your problems to t

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @JonesBaby0624 and @WombThereItIs - yeah, the receptionist did say that I could talk with the OB at my next appointment and if he/she decides to have a shorter gap between appointments, then that's ok.  Hopefully the OB will be on board, at least for the anatomy scan.  They won't do them any sooner than 20 weeks, but should something be wrong I certainly don't want to wait any longer than necessary! I might also be traveling out of town around the time that they might try to schedule me, so that might be a good excuse to bump it up a week or so depending on how the scheduling works out.  It's just annoying to me that if I can't make my appointments exactly 4 weeks apart, each appointment will just end up getting pushed back a little later each time.  

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? The size of a lime

Appointments this week? Not for another 3 weeks.

Symptoms? lots of bloat

Rant/Rave/Questions? I've been having a crappy week. A ton of housework, a flea infestation in my backyard, a crying, demanding 1 year old to take care of and on top of that being pregnant and getting crap from my SO about a basket of clean clothes I didn't put up? Annoying.

GTKY: What do you love to do when you have alone time? The small amount of time I get away from my SO & 1 year old I really do enjoy just simple things like for example taking long hot showers, binge watching tv shows without interruptions, eating ice cream without having to share. Lol it's amazing!
  • Options
    How far along are you?  12 weeks

How big is baby?  A chicken nugget!

Appointments this week?  Nope...had one last Thursday 

Symptoms? Nausea when I don't take my meds, constipation, round ligament pain

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Found out we are having a little boy! Still getting used to it...we have a DD so it's just getting ready for the unknown of a boy. 

GTKY: What do you love to do when you have alone time?  I love to read or watch girly movies (titanic and how to lose a guy in 10 days were my most recent watches) 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @MrsFreeman2010 I just watched Titanic for the first time this weekend.  It was good.