February 2017 Moms

Ask a STM 10/26

Is it Wednesday? Questions go here! 

Re: Ask a STM 10/26

• What do Braxton Hicks feel like? I have been getting a tightening feeling in my stomach,above my belly button on the sides...then it goes away. Not sure if it is BH or growing pains. My RLP is usually in my hips, so I'm not entirely sure what this feeling is....it started last week
  • What do Braxton Hicks feel like? I have been getting a tightening feeling in my stomach,above my belly button on the sides...then it goes away. Not sure if it is BH or growing pains. My RLP is usually in my hips, so I'm not entirely sure what this feeling is....it started last week
    For me BH are up high and take my breath away. The top of my belly gets hard and I (difficult to describe) lose flexibility in my torso area. Make sure you are super hydrated! 9/10 if I am having BH if I chug some water they go away quickly.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like Braxton hicks! Mine are either up high and take my breath away or low and radiate around my back and down.

Lots of water and if I can put my feet up helps. I get them at night or after a lot of physical activity (like carrying my toddler in the grocery store/cleaning/walking to long).
  • That could be Braxton Hicks and yes water will help putting your feet up will help and definitely watch for any patterns. If you are getting them in response to exercise or something like that maybe just keep an eye on it.  If you notice them coming in groups or recurring frequently,  call your OB.  My early contractions with my twins were not strong, but would be consistent and timeable.  I ended up on meds to prevent early labor. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker