June 2017 Moms
Options

QUESTION??!!!

Has anyone else been experiencing spotting and had an ultrasound with everything fine?? I am worrying myself when I shouldn't. My appointment is in like 8 hours since it is 1:30am October 26,2016 my time. But I am experiencing spotting again!! I hate seeing that as I pee and on tissue (TMI) but I haven't seen any clots which is good. I'm just scared don't want to see a baby with no heartbeat or still an empty yolk sac or something when I go. Need some encouraging words. 

Re: QUESTION??!!!

• Options
    What color is the spitting?  Brown blood is completely normal and can continue theoughout the 1st trimester.  Slight fresh spotting can also be normal; call your doctor and see if you can get an US at your appointment today.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Brownish colored can be normal. Also, I've known someone to experience small amounts of brighter red blood to occur during the whole pregnancy and had a healthy baby. I would definitely talk to your doctor for peace of mind. 

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Xath it is like in between bright and dark red. Its not too bright and its not completely dark. I have an appointment this morning and they will do an US so I will ask them then. I just wish it would stop spotting because it has me nervous and worried when I probably don't need to. 
  • Options
    @JessicaHerron13 Thanks. I will definitely do so when I go because I definitely need that peace of mind. I will keep you all updated later today. 
  • Options
    I can't definitively say everything worked out fine yet. i went for u/s Monday but don't know results yet (was at er and they're sending to my drs). I had bright red bleeding (equivalent to fill a pad over about a 12 hr period) and cramping. my 1st u/s was too early to see anything, but gestational and yolk sac (6w1d from lmp). I passed a tisue that ended up being source of bleeding and had detached beside implantation spot. Monday I went for my 2nd u/s (7w4d since lmp).....bd was able to see the screen (tech wouldn't let me look). he saw what he described as an extra blob attached to the other blob we saw 1st time (so we're thinking that was baby attached to yolk sac). I was put on progesterone pills and a baby aspirin a day few days after 1st u/s (sometimes low progesterone can be an issue when pregnant). It's surprising how many ppl experience brighter bleeding......my sis in-law and 2 other people I know did and they all gave birth to healthy baby girls months later. they all spotted around the 6-7.5 week range. As long as your not having bad cramps and bleeding (with both getting worse),  everything should hopefully be ok!! Hope everything works out for you!! fingers crossed! Let us know how it goes! :smile:
  • Options
    I had bright pink spotting the whole time. Started about 6 weeks and was a SCH ie a clot. 
    Baby boy is now 20 months old! 
  • Options
    Assiram42Assiram42 member
    edited October 2016
    I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I've had spotting in four of my five pregnancies.  

DD1 - bleeding on my cervix 
    DD2 - no reason determined
    DD3 - subchorionic hemorrhage
    This LO - no reason determined 

Also, if the bleeding has occurred after sex or going poop,  that could be normal also.

Take a deep breath and relax, let us know how your appointment goes.

edit: hit post too soon