September 2015 Moms
Options

Future Nudist????!

So I tried searching for this topic but only found a thread from a while back and it was closed.  I should have seen this coming because during the ultrasounds he was constantly with his legs open and we could only see his private parts on numerous occasions (resulting in MANY ultrasounds since they couldn't get certain measurements they needed each time and all laughed saying he may be a nudist ha) JOKE might be on me! My LO learned last weekend to take off his diaper and go figure the first time he did it was at nap time - he pooped, took it off and threw it out of his crib onto the floor (at least in the direction of the diaper genie) but proceeded to 'finger paint' in the crib with it making a HUGE mess.  This past weekend he, again, took off his pants in bed and diaper and peed. Resulting in more rushed laundry and cleaning.  Anyone have any tricks for deterring this or keeping the kids damn diaper on!? Does this mean he may be ready for potty training? ha Because I am not! Any advice will help!

Re: Future Nudist????!

• Options
    I don't but a friend of mine had that issue and solved it by putting LO's diaper on backwards. Worth a try!
  • Options
    @kristisigma that's hilarious but genius ha That is my next move for sure for naps/bedtime!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friend did the same, diaper on backwards and sleeper on backwards too! My LO just likes to run away during diaper changes - that's much less problematic than your situation!!

• Options
    haha oh no! Sorry, mama! DH just texted me at work and said DD keeps taking her pants off and throwing them. I hope diaper isn't next!
  • Options
    I know some family's that use sleep sacks for this exact reason! Can't take the diaper off for naps and bedtime if they can't get to it!
  • Options
    What about pants and a onesie? Does he know how to undo the onesie?
  • Options
    @cabobride2015 oh he loves to do this too. I'm telling you I think he just loves "to be free" ha

@kkerner87 it started with learning how to take his pants off. I specifically made sure he didn't watch me do his diaper ever to prolong him learning and doing it himself. But I think he got bored with just the pants. Here's hoping your LO doesn't! 

@lovelee85 we tried sleep sacks when he was younger. He hates them
  • Options
    It cut off my reply. @wilcoxev it's with shirts. May need to use onesies at bedtime. 
  • Options
    Have you tried cloth diapers or even just a cloth diaper "cover" you can slip right over the disposable diaper? Might be worth a try. We cloth diaper but sometimes use a disposable here or there and LO always rips it off, but she can't with her cloth diapers. 
  • Options
    My friend puts hers into their footie pj's backwards and inside out. They wear their pj's for naps. All five of hers have been little finger painters and she swears by this. So far we haven't had this problem because mine likes to wear clothes, but I'm sure it's coming at some point.
  • Options
    I have to admit I got quite the chuckle out of your post! (But I'm so sorry you're dealing with that! I can't even imagine!). I've also heard the clothes on backwards trick works! Haven't had to try it yet since the only thing my little guy has tried to take off so far are his socks and shoes - much more manageable!
  • Options

@PAINE0925 another great idea! thank you!

@missliz53 I am not sure I could do that haha with his squirming during our changes already...its already like wrestling an alligator! inside out backwards I may need some practice

@jen83mn I will admit as much as the second time it happened I started to realize I have an issue on my hands...the first (big mess) was actually hysterical and I took pictures.  It wasn't so cute the second time because I didn't even realize he peed (DH got him that morning) until his nap time when I went to grab his giraffe to rock him to sleep and it was wet... ugh so it went from naptime to laundry time and nap time on a makeshift mattress cover/with sheet ha it has been a couple crazy weekends! haha

• Options
    I'd try zippered footies? And while I want to laugh I believe in Karma so I will wish you the best! 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    @amp61470 Yes we use these sometimes but these for some reason I end up having to change him in the middle of the night for pee through issues... I cannot win... have tried all different diapers ha
  • Options
    My kiddo loves to take his diaper off too, one time with poo in it. He's been doing it since ten months old! Fortunately he hasn't figured out how to take his pants off yet so as long as he has pants or shorts on we're good.
  • Options
    @amp61470 Yes we use these sometimes but these for some reason I end up having to change him in the middle of the night for pee through issues... I cannot win... have tried all different diapers ha
    Go up a size. I have had this problem off and on and going up a size for overnight seems to work even better then the overnight diapers. We use the pampers cruisers since he started crawling as the swaddlers didn't seem to be doing the job anymore. But going up a size for overnight has worked pretty well. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    We go up a size to for overnight and that seems to have solved our problems with leaking.