October 2016 Moms

It's the Last Full Week of O16, who's still pregnant?

Re: It's the Last Full Week of O16, who's still pregnant?

• Well, I'm 40+2 today and still nothing. Had an appointment this am, where they did an ultrasound to make sure everything is good, and it was. Therefore, no need to induce until mid to late next week. We are trying everything to get this baby to come!! I go back this Friday for a check to see if there has been any progress. I'm going to get a membrane sweep and hope that does something!! This wait at the end is excruciating!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I leave in an hour to head to the hospital for my induction. I'm a bit nervous mainly because I've never been admitted to a hospital before, but I'm also getting very excited!

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck @jek2016!!!

Got my induction date today... November 7th unless he gets out sooner! Whoop whoop! 
  • Ugh, I am still pregnant with zero signs of labor. Going to get a membrane sweep tomorrow morning. Hopefully that helps!! Anyone else still pregnant too?

• @Pupatella **BABY DANCES BACKWARDS IN THE NUDE WITH FACEPAINT** 

Come on out baby! You poor, dear woman haha
  • Me too!:(

41+2, Zero signs of labor.... Like actually. No contractions. Haven't even lost my mp!!!!

Went in today for NST and fluid ultrasound. Everything totally normal. Except my sanity. Doctor won't induce me till Monday. COME ON BABY!!! 
  • @Kittens22 Sending baby vibes your way too! 
  • Congratulations @jek2016! Better late than never ;)
  • Right behind you @Pupatella ... 40+4 today. And just like @Kittens22 I've had zero signs of anything. Been reading lots of good stories of women who had no dilation/contractions/warning signs and BAM! went into labor. So fingers crossed for all of us! 

• @mommathoner Thanks that gives me hope!! I had a membrane sweep this am but the doctor doesn't think it will do much as he said my body just doesn't seem ready yet. Major boo. Hoping to spontaneously just go into labor this weekend anyway!! 

@AllyTheKid Thank you for your baby dances!! I need all the help I can get!!!! :)

• maysmilesmaysmiles member
    edited November 2016
    @Pupatella
    Im hoping for a weekend baby too. Im 41 weeks today (I had two due dates 10/27 and 10/29- midwife, who I switched to at 28 weeks is using 10/29), no induction scheduled but they wont let me go past 42 weeks. I REALLY do not want to be induced. I am using a birth center, so induction means going to the hospital and having an unfamiliar care provider- both on my list of No Thank you!!! Had my membranes swept yesterday- wow, a full day of cramping and still no labor. Midwife was really hopeful it would help because my body is pretty ready for labor by her estimations. She thought 48 hours to determine if it was effective- that clock is quickly wearing thin but I am hopeful. Fingers crossed, baby dance, come on babies!!!!
    DS 5/10/13
    New Bundle of Joy- EDD 10/27/16
  • PupatellaPupatella member
    edited November 2016
    @maysmiles TONS of baby labor vibes your way!! I am so sorry about the nervousness of giving birth at a hospital instead of a birth center. I'm so hoping you go into labor soon, so you get the birth you want!! I want an all natural birth too, took the Bradley class series, and am trying everything to get labor going. Still nothing happening for me either. It is so frustrating. The membrane sweep doesn't seem to have helped. I had a sweep done yesterday morning. :( I will hit 41 weeks tomorrow. Here's hoping we both go into labor tonight!!

On Monday afternoon, if still nothing has happened, they were talking about using cervadil and/or the Foley ball to try to get labor going. Pitocin is my worst fear, and I'm hoping it doesn't get to that point for either of us!!

• @pupatella, right back at you with the labor vibes!! I teach the Bradley Method, and was successful with a water birth with my son three years ago (he was born at 39 weeks, 5 days, so going late is not something I expected at all). He was born in the hospital and it was great. Induction scares me because Id be going to the hospital with the purpose of intervention, something I was against the first time too. The birth center is beautiful, brand new, I love the providers and my prep in terms of visualizing things has all revolved around being there. Maybe it's stubborn of me, but after one natural birth, I dont want to do it any other way, it was wonderful (and hard too) and my recovery was almost non-existent. I think the plan for me is to go in on Monday and assess where we are. Either do another sweep or Foley ball (which they will send me home with). They are giving me til 42 weeks, so they may wait til mid week for the Foley ball.
    DS 5/10/13
  • PupatellaPupatella member
    edited November 2016
    @maysmiles that's awesome you teach the Bradley method!! I found the course so informative and helpful. I hope you get the natural birth you want in that beautiful birth center. At least you have about a week left for labor to happen naturally!! That is a good amount of time, and I hope it happens (if it hasn't already). I'm still waiting, with zero signs of labor. I go in for an ultrasound tomorrow and am curious to see what they will want to do at my appointment after the ultrasound. I'm really hoping that labor starts naturally before my appointment tomorrow...please please please!! Out of curiosity, what are you trying to get labor started? I am trying evening primrose oil, clary sage, red raspberry leaf tea, walking, including walking up flights of stairs, spicy food, and accupressure. Nothing has worked yet, but I am still trying. I got a mani/pedi this weekend with an extra foot massage hoping that would kick start something...at least it felt good and was relaxing!! I am also giving him pep talks to come out, and telling him it's safe out here and we will take great care of him. I'm praying labor will start naturally before they induce with pitocin. I'm open to the Foley ball and even cervadil, but pitocin scares the crap out of me.

• @Pupatella
    Im with you, no Pitocin. The Foley ball at the birth center is done as an outpatient- they put it in, monitor for a bit, then send you home til stuff happens. Im not thrilled with the idea but I will do everything before Pitocin and the hospital. I have tried nipple stim, acupuncture, evening primrose oil, raspberry red leaf tea, walking, I had a pedi on Wednesday- I can get contractions to happen with accupressure points and with nipple stim but nothing that lasts. Ive taken the last two days off from trying anything because it was driving me nuts. I was pretty frustrated this AM and had a good cry, a chat with my best friend who lives cross country from me, a cranial sacral session/chat with a good friend, a nap and time at the pool with my little guy- a refreshing day and has my brain back on track. I feel more emotionally ready today than I have in quite some time. I had a bloody show today and a ton of mucus, I hoping that means tonight is the night!!! I go to the midwife tomorrow too. Id love to already be there! Best wishes to you.
    DS 5/10/13
  • You ladies still cooking?
  • @AllyTheKid How are you doing? Yes, but either today or early tomorrow seems to be the day...hopefully. Started having contractions at 8pm last night, became stronger and stronger throughout the night. Voted this am while having contractions (most memorable election ever)!! Then tried to take a nap thinking today would be a long ass day. Woke up a couple hours later and I'm not having contractions anymore...wtf. I did just lose my mucus plug, so I'm thinking the time is close, just not sure how close. 

Anyone else have experience with labor starting and stopping? I am SO ready to meet this little guy already!! Maybe he's waiting to see who's elected...Hopefully there isn't a contested vote...

• @Pupatella I myself had start-stop labor. For TWO WEEKS. FX you go today though! I don't know if I can baby dance much harder for you, I'll have to bust out the pop and lock routine videos for this one ;)

Go walk today, walk walk walk as much as you can. Or, do squats in your living room if you can't go walking. Squats I found do more than walking anyway!
  • 41 + 1 and still cooking ... Was hoping for spontaneous labor so I could have a VBAC, but my cervix is closed up tighter than Fort Knox. They couldn't even get a finger in to sweep. UGH. Since I'm not a good candidate for induction, we chose to schedule a c-section for Friday morning. There's a *chance* this boy could decide to come out before then, but my intuition tells me otherwise. At least there's an end in sight! 
  • @Pupatella I've had start and stop contractions for a couple of weeks now! They tend to come when I'm sitting on the couch in a particular position - told DH I might stay in that spot for the rest of the week if I have to. Haha. They come and go, so I know it's not the REAL thing, but I still get anxious every time. 
  • UGH, well I walked outside, walked up and down flights of stairs, squatted a ton, etc. I will have a contraction here and there, but nothing consistent since yesterday morning. So incredibly frustrating. They will induce me tomorrow night if this little guy doesn't come on his own...I'm giving it everything I got today to get things going again. 

• Fingers crossed for you @Pupatella!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Pupatella You poor woman, good luck one way or the other! At least you have an end in sight now even if he is still being stubborn :)
  • Congratulations @Kittens22! I was thinking about you yesterday when I posted the HDBD thread and realized you haven't posted in a few days. So happy for you!

@Pupatella Looks like you're the last of the Mohicans girlfriend, hope that baby already debuted or is going to very soon!
  • Congrats @Kittens22
    Good luck @Pupatella and @mommathoner! Hope your two stubborn babes come on out on their own asap!
  • Thanks for thinking of me @AllyTheKid and @ashleyp625!!! 

Congrats @maysmiles,
  • Congratulations @maysmiles, so happy you had a great birth experience :)
  • @Pupatella , @Kittens22
    and @AllyTheKid how are you doing?

DS 5/10/13
  • @maysmiles Doing pretty good! Just trying to survive the emotional roller coaster that is the first couples months PP!
  • just got thru our 4th night home since the hospital... or was it 3rd? All my nights feel like days. Lol. The first night was amazing. We even walked down to Starbucks in the morning! LO absolutely loves it outside:) But then it got real crazy real fast... second night he was just inconsolable. No matter what we did. We called our areas free nurses' hotline who suggested we take him into a walk-in after new hadn't slept longer than 20m all day, plus had 30+ minutes of crying at times. The doc checked him all out and calmed our fears... gave us some gripe water to use if we needed it. Then we got home and friends had left a care package for us! Last night was a little better. After his first bath at home (which he screamed right through) he was calm and content as we've ever seen him. Stayed alert in his crib for almost 2 hours while we slept. We managed to keep his crying to a minimum the rest of the night... Yaaaaay!

How about you? How is your LO? 

And @allythekid any updates on Johnny's health???
  • @Kittens22 I hope your little finds his routine and gets content really soon!
    Johnny had another EEG on Sunday, so now we're just waiting on his results to come back. I'm hoping on all hope that he doesn't have epilepsy and doesn't have any long term damage from his episodes after delivery. So FX for good results!
  • @AllyTheKid Fingers crossed that you get some good news! Not to minimize your concern, but I actually had epilepsy when I was younger and I outgrew it. I hoping for the best for little Johnny!
  • @AllyTheKid That's wonderful news!!!