February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 10/24/16

Talk about your symptoms here!

I'll start-has anyone ever had nausea come back? I almost threw up yesterday morning, which hasn't happened since 14 weeks. 

Re: Symptoms Thread 10/24/16

• @Xstatic3333 yes. It's happened a couple times when I tried to stop the Unisom. Thankfully, I was able to stop the Unisom,  eventually.  I did almost throw up a few times but I think I'm good now.  

Guys, I got a call this morning and I failed my glucose screening by ONE point! First of all,  I thought the cut off was 140, but the nurse said it is 135 and I got a 136. Now I need to really watch what I eat and go in for the 3 hour challenge, next week.  But I want my daily cookie and milk!!! :cookie: :cry:

• Sorry! I hope you pass your 3 hour test! 
    I failed back at 13 weeks so I get it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh bummer @Afkash! Loads of people go on to pass the three hour, especially when they are so close. Hang in there.
  • Oh bummer @Afkash! Loads of people go on to pass the three hour, especially when they are so close. Hang in there.
    That's what happened to me! Bring food to eat after the 3 hour. I was STARVING. 
  • I have been feeling pretty pukey/no appetite lately but when we went for our latest ultrasound this morning the doctor informed me I'm measuring way ahead and I have too much amniotic fluid built up so I'm chalking it up to everything being more compressed than it should be. I finally got my energy back but this weekend the insomnia started so we'll how long that lasts! Also really excited to be interested in sex again haha.
  • Simultaneously want to eat everything and feeling like I might explode. It's quite the experience.
  • I get pukey if I don't eat every two hours light clockwork during the day.  But this week my new symptom is soreness.  I'm so sore after walking around target, or the grocery store.  My back, my feet, my belly, oy.  I think I'm meant to hibernate for the winter.
  • Today was my first adventures with "lightning crotch", a sensation that I didn't get with my.first pregnancy.  I work in a job where I'm on my feet a lot and today was no exception,  oh boy, that is painful!
  • I'm back to puking  :'( I think it's because of how severe my reflux has gotten though. I can't bend over without throwing up in my mouth a little 
  • @PerraSucia have you tried Nexium yet? I was doing Tums and Xantac and it was horrible. My OB said she thought 24 Hr Nexium works the best and OMG it's gone!  I couldn't eat until about 11 am bc everything, even water, would come back up. It's been 4 days and I'm like a new person! 
  • I wonder if there is a hormone surge in the area of 20-30 weeks? My morning sickness was much better, but I am really fighting it this week. I remember always saying it got better with DD around 22 weeks, and now I'm wondering if I picked that time because it was the last time I can remember being sick? Let's hope that this is the last real surge!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think for me it's reflux related, though I am also sensitive to smells and yucky stuff again. I only had "mid-level" MS in first tri-constantly felt like crap but never needed medication. I was surprised that it came back at this late date but sounds like it's pretty typical. 
  • @Starfish113 I was wondering the same thing about hormones too. I'm 26 weeks and started feeling sick again the past few days and I haven't felt sick since probably around 16 weeks. 
  • @leslie1331 so funny I normally nonpregnant take nexium for some other random thing I have and they took me off for pregnancy because it's catC. They gave me a rx for Prilosec (which is like the normal one but way stronger a dose) and it's total crap. 
  • My moods have gotten pretty out of control recently. Any little thing can take me from normal to so pissed off I'm on the verge of tears. Basically I'm a raging bitch. 
  • leslie1331leslie1331 member
    edited October 2016
    @PerraSucia well shit!! Mine said to take it! 

I actually have prilosec here too, I may switch over until I see her again 
  • @leslie1331 the internet says cat B so maybe my doctor is overly cautious like an a hole. This far along I bet it's fine 
  • I have taken Prevacid with my last 2 kids and started recently again.  I did notice that it was changed from Cat B to C also but my OB was still fine with it.  I agree that likely this far along the chance of birth defects from it would be really low. I can't sleep well without it and feel so much better on it

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I need to call to schedule my glucose test, so I'll double check with her! It's helped so far, so maybe I'll try and sub in the Zantac and see how it goes! 
  • edited October 2016
    I have taken Prevacid with my last 2 kids and started recently again.  I did notice that it was changed from Cat B to C also but my OB was still fine with it.  I agree that likely this far along the chance of birth defects from it would be really low. I can't sleep well without it and feel so much better on it
    My doctor's PA switched me to Prevacid early in my pregnancy because it was supposed to be category B. That's crazy! And I'm on the 30mg dose.  I'm going to have to look into this.  
    ETA: @scottipino sorry to bother you but I just Googled Prevacid and I can't find anywhere that it's a class C. Is there something I'm missing? Thank you!

• A source I use to look up meds and conditions for patient care shows the following:
    It looks as if only Omeprazole is Category C but another source I looked at showed Nexium
    in oral form is Category C, but considered Category B when administered via IV.
    Either way, its best to have a conversation with your doctor about it if you are concerned. Varying doctors will have different opinions on the safety as this often happens in medicine. 

• Thanks for the heads up! I'll just go back to Zantac bc I know for sure that was totally fine! Luckily I've only taken 3 days worth of the nexium! I will just save the nexium for when I start my wine drinking again next year :) 
  • I got my flu shot and now I have the flu. 
    Just kidding. 
    I do feel like shit though. 

I felt shitty the next day too! I've been getting the shot for about 5 years and never felt anything. This time I felt pukey and hot the next day. Probably coincidence, but it was odd 
  • The STM thread has kind of died, but hoping to get answers here. For those of you that had it in prior pregnancies, once you get acid reflux, is that with you the rest of the pregnancy, or like most other symptoms does it come and go? 
  • The STM thread has kind of died, but hoping to get answers here. For those of you that had it in prior pregnancies, once you get acid reflux, is that with you the rest of the pregnancy, or like most other symptoms does it come and go? 
    For me it lasted my entire pregnancy. 
  • I don't really like the taste of milk, but I made myself try a small glass last night to help my reflux and wow, did that ever do the trick! I felt like a new woman. Yogurt and ice cream don't have the same power. 
  • I don't really like the taste of milk, but I made myself try a small glass last night to help my reflux and wow, did that ever do the trick! I felt like a new woman. Yogurt and ice cream don't have the same power. 
    Yes,  milk does wonders for me.  I know some say it makes it worse for them.  

Also,  Prevacid is lansoprazole....in case anyone was mistaken that it is omeprazole. 

For both of my pregnancies, it started around 10-12 weeks and lasted until the very end. TBH, it gets worse as the baby gets bigger and takes up even more room... at least for me it does.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
    Just kidding. 

I felt like I had gotten hit by a bus for the entire next day after I got mine.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
    Just kidding. 

I felt shitty the next day too! I've been getting the shot for about 5 years and never felt anything. This time I felt pukey and hot the next day. Probably coincidence, but it was odd 
    My OB just told me Monday to expect to feel crappy for a few days after mine. I haven't  gotten it yet, but that was her heads up.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I am now part of the charlie horse club. I got a horrid one last night that woke me up.....I moved to roll to the other side and BAM horrible cramp in my right calf. That shit hurts. 
  • @BlondePeanut - You just reminded me that I had a charlie horse last night, during a middle of the night pee.  I didn't know what to do...  I would try to stretch out my leg and it would ease up.  I even tried to partially stand up at one point, while keeping my butt over the toilet.  But, every time I started to pee again, it came back.  It had to have been the most ridiculous scene ever.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha - ugh it is awful! I scared DH b/c I said SHIT! OUCH OUCH OUCH! and he woke up like OMG WHAT IS GOING ON?! My leg is still sore today, so I almost wonder if I hurt the muscle stretching out or something. I guess this is my new symptom for week 23. I can't imagine it happening during a pee....I don't imagine that would've gone well lol

• @BlondePeanut and @MLRocha You did the right thing! try to stretch as much as possible and today water and bananas!
  • @Gretchypoo - thanks! I will def try bananas....I have been averaging 8 cups a day of water and another 2-4 cups of other fluid like juice or milk....today I will chug that water.

I haven't had any heartburn (yet), but I have heard that almond milk is supposed to help with acid reflux. Maybe something to try, if you really don't like cow milk?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    edited October 2016
    I don't really like the taste of milk, but I made myself try a small glass last night to help my reflux and wow, did that ever do the trick! I felt like a new woman. Yogurt and ice cream don't have the same power. 
    I haven't had any heartburn (yet), but I have heard that almond milk is supposed to help with acid reflux. Maybe something to try, if you really don't like cow milk?
    Allergic :/  I'm such a speshul snowflake, LOL. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I may invest in chocolate syrup but I'm going to wait until after my 1 hour to make sure I'll be able to keep using it. 
  • @Xstatic3333 chocolate is supposed to make it worse.  :s