October 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 10/24

*American lady living in Tanzania.
DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)

Re: Monday Bitchfest 10/24

• Options
    It's my due date and I'm still pregnant ... ugh 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    I'm still not having normal poops.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kmolleltz i pooped twice in hospital before leaving. I was shocked. But since I've been home (Friday evening)..nothing. I'm still taking softeners, but I'm wondering if the hospital
    diet had more fiber. I may take a Metamucil tomorrow! #poopprobs
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @sportiegrl1213 My due date was a week ago and I'm still pregnant. 
  • Options
    DH has really been wonderful during pregnancy, labor and the first couple of days.....but he's being SO whiny about sleep. I'm getting maybe 2 hours a night and he's over there snoring through at least 4-5 because I don't wake him up right away and I let him sleep in in the morning until whenever because my mom helps me. But this morning he's mad because his 3 straight hours aren't enough. He forgets he had about 2-3 before that.  Men. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @NicholeL16 you win
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    And @ibabyloveb87 that'll be me too. DH has to go back to work after a week off, so I know I'll be doing it all. I told him enjoy it cuz once I go back to work, we will be sharing nightly duties! I refuse to do it all! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    @sportiegrl1213 No winning. Everyone gets to be equally miserable in the overdue boat. Welcome aboard. I hope your stay is short!
  • Options
    @kmolleltz 4 days post c-section and I haven't pooped. I don't even feel like I have to. Eating all the fiber and taking colace hoping something happens soon. I do have all the gas though so at least there's that?? 
  • Options
    The only toilet in our house isn't working. Wonderful timing. 
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid That's a love tit for Johnny. 

Apparently I'm just monitoring this thread today. 
  • Options
    Last night was brutal. Baby would fuss and give hunger cues, refuse to latch, drink briefly, and cry for the boob again as soon as she was unlatched (not even taking skin-to-skin breaks on my chest! she'd sob!) Until 4am when I woke my husband up with *my* crying and he took over. Apparently he gave her at least two full ounces of expressed milk before she settled at 6am. I don't know what her deal was. The night before she did similar until 3am, then slept for two nice four-hour stretches, so I had hope up until that point. It's very hard to just throw a boob at her because I have to use a shield. So I don't know if it's just that my chest-pacifiers aren't that comforting, she wasn't getting enough milk from me, or she's a little terrorist.

• Options
    With 5 days to go until my due date I start to have a crappy toothache.  Head to the dentist today and I have a cracked tooth that needs a root canal and a crown!  WTF is up with that?  So of course they want to wait until after I deliver so now I get the pleasure of labor pains and terrible mouth pain.  And right before the appointment I have another one of my full on coughing/puking fits because my reflux has flatly gotten out of control.  I give up.  The universe is clearly against me.
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Options
    NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited October 2016
    Sounds awful @socks2819 :( sorry

@RainMira9e- baby did similar to me last week. Not sure what was up. She's quit since though- fx it's the same for you. 
  • Options
    OMG @socks2819 ... tooth pain is the WORST. Can they give you some extra strength Oragel or something? 
  • Options
    Thanks @NoraAurora

@mommathoner The dentist's literal recommendation was a soft diet and not to chew on that side of my mouth.  Okay yea, no problem. Tylenol is as good as it gets, which of course, does jack.  I swear, I am dreading this dental procedure more than childbirth.  Dentists are the worst.
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Options
    Tonight is DH's first night back to work leaving me with a newborn and a 4 year old... And my hormones have flat out betrayed me in dealing with this whole situation. I think I've cried at least once an hour since I got up today, so there's that and my newborn has decided he will only sleep if someone is holding him so that's been fun, and I'm still dealing with csection pain and swelling. 
  • Options
    @socks2819, i had a terrible toothache throughout my last trimester. Baby orajel worked well. I wasn't sure if i could use adult orajel or not, so i chose the baby orajel. 
  • Options
    Thanks @AshleyGemini24 I will gladly try anything!
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Options
    I know it's Tuesday but I'm going to continue the bitchfest if that's alright. 

A good friend of mine, my only close friend with kids, found out that my doctor's office might be thinking scheduled csection because of my baby's size. We were supposed to have that conversation last week but the ultrasound tech had a death in the family and it got postponed until tomorrow. I'll be 40 weeks on Saturday and trust my doctor and midwife's judgement. Well my friend keeps sending me messages that she's "so happy I decided to wait and let the baby come on her own". I didn't decide to do this, it just sort of happened. I'm all for waiting until LO decides to come if that's what the professionals think best. But if they think there's actual need for a csection then I'm going to make an educated decision. 

My friend doesn't want to hear any of the why behind this upcoming conversation and only wants to push her thoughts down my throat. If this is how jusgemental a friend is, I dread the day in the future when acquaintances find out I had this conversation. 

• Options
    @jek2016 Your friend sounds like a real peach =/ So sorry about her pushy beliefs... you may just have to be blunt with her about her comments, you don't owe her any explanations for your future decisions and she has no right to shove herself on you.
  • Options
    Kittens22Kittens22 member
    edited October 2016
    @jek2016 I agree with PP. Also something to consider is if she is this way about how the baby is born, she's going to have something to say about e.very.thing ... what you feed the baby, how often it eats, vaccinations, sleeping arrangements/schedules, circumcision, the list goes on.... maybe now is the best time to set up some boundaries.
  • Options
    @jek2016 having a big baby is really scary, and a c section might be the safest way! Just say you're doing what is best for baby