May 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: Interesting Fact

2»

Re: GTKY: Interesting Fact

• Options
    This thread makes me think I live a boring life. 
  • Options
    h&pmomma said:
    I got married in North Carolina. 
    DD1 was born in Arizona. 
    DD2 was born in Texas. 
    This baby will be born in Washington. 

All within a 7 year span... My family back home thinks this is crazy, my military friends think it's nothing special! 
    Not crazy at all! I got married in Texas, DD was born in CA, LO2 will be born in North Carolina. This will be in just 4.5 year. :) I think it's very interesting and I'm curious what it will be like when the kiddos are old enough to understand this. We plan to stay in NC for the long haul, hopefully!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ummm I can't think of an interesting fact about my self! Ha 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    @emilyalso, so interesting! I wonder if she'll ever tell them.
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @pshaortao We loved North Carolina, but we will head back to Arizona eventually for "home"! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I'm a natural redhead. I realize that's pretty lame compares to you guys! I can't believe you guys can't burp! I have never heard of that. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty boring I guess!! 
    Only thing I can think of is that I met my DH online through an iPhone game.  A year after we first started talking I moved over a thousand miles from where I'm from to be with him! My family and friends thought I was nuts (probably still do lol)
  • Options
    Might be creepy or gross, but I was actually born with 3 kidneys.  While not as uncommon as many people think, I was born with a smaller non-functioning kidney.  By time I was in my teens though it broke apart and was absorbed into my body.  They only way we knew about it, is because I was also born with renal reflux.  I had severe UTI and kidney infections as a young child and it came up on my CT scan. I had surgery for my bladder when I was 10 and the doc saw it and said there was no reason to remove it as it would prob be absorbed as some point.  Since I continued to get kidney infections we would do US quite often and while doing one we noticed it was not longer there. 
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @schnitz9 Ooooo I also have weird kidneys! I have a horseshoe kidney, like one big one connected in the middle. When I was an infant they said I had a vestigial kidney, but I had a MRI a couple years ago to figure it out and see if I had any mullerian defects that would interfere with pregnancy. 

I also broke my elbow in 5th grade and haven't been able to touch my shoulder since. It bends backwards a bit instead.
  • Options
    Thats crazy!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @starphish18 : that video is crazy pants! I love it! I've been around singers my whole life and never met anyone who could do that! Wow... I am in awe that you have such a skill, even if it's just car-singing to yourself   :)
  • Options
    Haha, thanks @SKZW!
  • Options
    Well, I lived in China for a year when I was 12. (And just realized that was 20 years ago!) Life's been pretty uneventful (but good) since then.  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not mine...but I have a close friend that was born with 2 sets of all her reproductive organs. Two sets of ovaries, two uterus....two vaginas! 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher that is wonderful!  I have strongly considered fostering when my kids are older and its good to know it was a good experience for you as a child in the home.  My biggest concern would be the impact on my own kids so its good to hear your experience.
  • Options
    Thanks @RainyDays86! It was a wonderful experience for me as a child, but certainly not all easy and I definitely learned things about the world at a younger age then my friends that had similar home lives. It made me appreciate what and who I had in my life starting very, very young because I knew not everyone was born into my lucky loving stable situation.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker