February 2017 Moms

FFFC!! 10/21

Re: FFFC!! 10/21

• @gretchypoo this is how I feel about them too. Might be great for those low-flow days, but I'm weirded out by the idea of them for heavy flow.

@PerraSucia omfg I can't believe I forgot about that horrible-smelling post-partum first week. I think I blocked the memory in order to make myself willing to get pregnant again. Not looking forward to smelling like carrion for a couple of weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • @gretchypoo if you Google postpartum popsicle pads you'll find that they are a thing!! I think people use other words to describe them too because they are awesome. I never froze any pads, but even in the hospital, they will help you make up a nice thing to go down there. They'll bring you a bag of ice that you can just shove right down there lol. I think the frozen version would be a lot more comfortable though. I have always been given witch hazel pads in the hospital that you can put right on your jumbo maxi pad lol. I think if they offer you the witch hazel, and that spray can of numbing stuff you should take it. With DD they only offered me a pill for pain that I declined, when a new nurse came in on my last day she freaked out when she found out I didn't get offered anything else and she hooked me up before I went home. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @marriedhamstermom not everybodies boobs leak, mine never did. 

@perrasucia I do not remember a smell at all and now I'm worried I smelt terrible and didn't know. So thank you. Haha

Fun fact: I got a mild diaper rash from those gigantic post partum pads.  #momlife
  • My boobs didn't leak either.
  • Hell I still leak at night, 13 months later.... (Sigh)
  • I heard some people soak their PP pads in witch hazel and freeze them. I told my mom that sounded super weird to me and her eyes got all wide and she said "That is a GREAT idea!" 

Now I'm terrified of PP.
    That actually is a great idea!! I forgot about the ice from the nurses. I needed everything possible for the pain down there...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Partyof6? or any other STM+ mom's, do you think those Stayfree ultra thin overnight maxis are good for PP? Or should I go with the really thick ones? 

• Yup, I agree with @tentacular I plan on wearing the big puffy ones for as long as the bleeding is heavy. If you don't want to buy them now, you will probably buy them later anyway. But the hospital (last time I had a baby) had the thick ones and I took all the extra home I could. So if you wait those could temporarily hold you over, but then you'll probably end up having to go out and buy them anyway. I'd rather already have them. @AfKash
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah stock up ahead of time with the biggest ones possible! And the mesh panties from the hospital are also key. 
  • Lol @Partyof6? That's funny. I never dared asking my husband to grab feminine products... he'd probably grab several different packages and bolt just hoping one of them was the right one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah stock up ahead of time with the biggest ones possible! And the mesh panties from the hospital are also key. 
    I'm not excited for mesh panties. Like, at all. How long do you have to wear those?
  • edited October 2016
    Partyof6? said:
    @kswiger06, he is usually pretty quiet, but yeah,  we have our moments.   I had used mostly cloth before getting pregnant with my daughter and had been pregnant forever it seemed.  So, how was I to know that they had changed packaging on what I thought I was asking for.   I had a brand,  a color,  and I got this panicked phone call from the store.   Super?  Plus?  Wings, what are wings!   
    LOL. I love that @Partyof6? !
    And thank you ladies for your advice! I made a list of everything you mentioned and will have to go shopping at some point.  
    This weekend my nesting instinct kicked in hard now that I start work next week.  I will only have the weekends to prepare for baby, so I just got a bunch of stuff taken care of.  But there's still so much more.  I also took out my winter clothes for the season.  One good thing that came out of my fat phase are the larger clothes that I can get away with wearing during pregnancy. I'm still going to need to buy another set of maternity pants,  though.  

• @BumpasaurusRex I think that is so smart!  I will have no problems asking parents of kids my daughter will be playing with whether they are gun owners, and if so, if they have a gun safe.  
  • Super late to the party (thanks work and life).

My confession is that I do not allow my kid to have a solo play date at someone's house without me if they are a gun owner.   
    As a family with guns, I 100% support this decision. I'm actually making H keep his guns in my parent's gun safe until our kids are significantly older just to be safe.
  • kswiger06 said:
    @Gretchypoo the mesh panties are the ugliest things ever, but I wore them as long as I could. They are so comfortable, and breathable. I'm actually looking forward to them. (Under those circumstances) I plan on asking for any extras I can get too

SITB

Freaking 100% this. Those are the best!  I even washed them when I got home so I could get more use out of em. They are ridiculously comfortable and feel like they really hold your guts together. 
  • I hated the mesh panties! I guess I'm the only one. I bought a package of full coverage Hanes and that's what I'm doing this time. And yes to the biggest/longest pads you can find.

My confession is that I do not allow my kid to have a solo play date at someone's house without me if they are a gun owner.   
    How do you bring it up, @BumpasaurusRex? I'd like to have a similar policy but it seems like a tough topic to broach. There are many in our circles who hunt, and I might be ok with a situation where the guns are all in a safe. It's the handgun next to the bed and similar that terrifies me as a future parent. 
  • foxrosy said:
    I hated the mesh panties! I guess I'm the only one. I bought a package of full coverage Hanes and that's what I'm doing this time. And yes to the biggest/longest pads you can find.
    Weirdo.. I'm totally kidding, I know a lot of people hate them. I did have a c section though and they really felt like they supported  my incision. I realize that was probably in my head though..

How do you bring it up, @BumpasaurusRex? I'd like to have a similar policy but it seems like a tough topic to broach. There are many in our circles who hunt, and I might be ok with a situation where the guns are all in a safe. It's the handgun next to the bed and similar that terrifies me as a future parent. 
    I've asked (only happened with two families so far)  if they are gun owners but I tried to bring it up casually, like "So I know this is a really awkward thing to ask but do you guys own any guns?"

I was lucky that both received it well and they weren't owners but I dread the day that I have to refuse a play date because they do own guns.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • @BumpasaurusRex  & @Xstatic3333

We are gun owners, and we are buying a safe now that Dean is on the way. I don't think a fellow parent would be offended, if you are ok with all guns being locked up. Well, I wouldn't be at least.  B)

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • The mesh panties are awesome.   I actually had some stashed that I had stolen from the hospital that I found recently with maternity clothes.   That's more advice,  take everything they give you from the hospital everyday and stash it! 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys! It's great to hear that gun owners are okay with this conversation if it's approached respectfully. 
  • yogadevilyogadevil member
    edited October 2016
    @BumpasaurusRex brings up a good point about guns being in the home. All of our weapons are locked up seperate from the ammo (also locked up) and we certainly don't advertise that we have them in the house because it's no one's business. But that being said, it wouldn't offend me one bit if someone were to inquire on behalf of their child's safety! I don't even trust other people to take the same precautions as we do so and have zero problems being blunt about it either
  • I forgot about the squirt bottle too. Those are great. 
  • They give you that sitz bath thing too (or at least I got one) but I never could figure the darn thing out, but that peri (?) Bottle was amazing. I kept it in the diaper bag while we were out so I could always have it. That thing is a lifesaver when you have stitches!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't like the mesh underwear because it came up under my girdle thing which was already so sweaty and itchy. 
  • That's funny I was just thinking about the peri bottle earlier. That thing was such a relief when I peed!! I later used it to wet cloth wipes hahaha
  • +1 gun owner who would understand if that's a deal breaker. I own several, H owns several as well. Shooting is a big aspect in our lives and going to the range is something we bond over, but I totally understand. You are mother, it's your prerogative to know and decide what's right for your child. Wouldn't be offended at all, I think most responsible gun owners would take the same stance.