Infertility

Infertility & IVF Articles

Hey girls!  I was on Yahoo today and came across 2 articles about infertility and IVF.  I enjoyed reading them and wanted to share with you.  There's one line in the infertility article that absolutely was me, "noticing every pregnant belly on the street, subway, my Facebook feed and feeling like I was the only one failing in performing what was supposed to be a very basic function of the female body".

Hope you like them!

IVF article; 
How my IVF baby made me reconsider my view of IVF
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/parenting/wp/2016/10/20/how-my-ivf-baby-made-me-reconsider-my-view-of-ivf/

Infertility article; 4 things I wish I'd known when starting fertility treatments 

https://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/1129101/wish-i-had-known-fertility-treatments

Re: Infertility & IVF Articles

• @lulumurph Thanks for sharing! These were both great reads. I definitely empathize with that line. Sometimes I feel like I just zero in on the pregnant people around me. Deactivating my FB has helped a lot.

I'll jump on this bandwagon and mention a blog I started reading: Stirrup Queens. It deals with infertility, loss, etc. I especially like her references to other blogs that I wouldn't have known. 

And a a new book (which I've mentioned elsewhere): "The Art of Waiting."
  • Thanks for sharing @LuluMurph, they're great articles.

I need to check out that blog @Bababatty. I'm the same with FB although found 'unfollowing' pregnant friends was an easy way of dealing with any sudden updates from them.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! I definitely feel the "race" thing too- I feel like I'm falling behind in life and failing- and then guilty that I even feel that way. It's so hard.
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Thank you for the reads!  It is hard dealing with infertility and feeling like your being left behind.  My DH and I have been trying for 7 years.  Eventually the feeling dies down a bit.  It's still sad to know that I'm childless, but now that I have a job that helps cover IVF I'm hopeful.  I'm just worried how depressing it will be if it fails.
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • oh yeah!  I'm glad you liked them. :smile:

What are some good blogs that you like to read about pregnancy/infertility?  I'm working on educating myself and curious 
  • @Bababatty I added that blog to my list, thanks!

Agree that unfollowing pregnant friends was the best, but now it seems I have almost no friends on my feed  :p
  • I'm going to read these right now. @LuluMurph that quote really resonated with me as well. I feel like everyone is pregnant but me. Women on my Facebook feed are pregnant with their second and third babies and I just can't escape it! 
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)