September 2015 Moms
Options

Does your LO walk?

vibarra27vibarra27 member
edited October 2016 in September 2015 Moms
Just curious to know how many LOs are walking already :smile: 

My boy's dont walk. Theyre @ that awkward stage where they want to take steps on their own, but get nervous when they let go & drop to the ground.

Does your LO walk? 78 votes

Yes
66% 52 votes
Short distances throughout the day
5% 4 votes
Almost there
15% 12 votes
No
12% 10 votes

Re: Does your LO walk?

• Options
    14 months and not walking. She's only started showing interest in the last week (happy to use her push toy where before she would refuse, lets go of things to stand on her own when she was always too afraid). I still think her fear holds her back a lot and I think we are at least a month away. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    vibarra27vibarra27 member
    edited October 2016
    My boys will be 14 months on the 3rd & have the same problem. They want to let go & as soon as i let them go they freeze, laugh and drop to the floor. I was hoping they would walk by halloween but i dont think they will..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like you're almost there, that's what Roo would do right before she started, now she gets mad at me when I want to hold her hand, be careful what you wish for... My DH thought it would be fun to teach her to climb stairs the other day, now we need a gate for the bottom of the stairs too, thanks honey...
  • Options
    I think he could if he wanted to but he prefers to crawl. He can stand without holding on to anything, he has taken 3 steps last week but not since. The longer it takes the easier my life is :-)
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    Once the boys do it will be constant! Nothing will be safe!
    I think daycare helped DS walk.  He's been holding our hands and walking for a few months but truly started walking on his own and unassisted maybe about 4 weeks ago. They started him in the toddler room at his new daycare so he is around older babies and picks up so much from them. Every day he gets more brave and tries new dumber shit than the day before. I couldn't imagine wrangling TWO of him!
  • Options
    Once the boys do it will be constant! Nothing will be safe!
    I think daycare helped DS walk.  He's been holding our hands and walking for a few months but truly started walking on his own and unassisted maybe about 4 weeks ago. They started him in the toddler room at his new daycare so he is around older babies and picks up so much from them. Every day he gets more brave and tries new dumber shit than the day before. I couldn't imagine wrangling TWO of him!
    My sister got him to climb stairs on Sunday, we don't have any in the house. I was on the couch crocheting Monday and LO was playing I looked up and he was sitting on the coffee table! I had looked down for all of a minute! When he starts walking my life as I know it is OVER! 
  • Options
    amp61470 said:
    My sister got him to climb stairs on Sunday, we don't have any in the house. I was on the couch crocheting Monday and LO was playing I looked up and he was sitting on the coffee table! I had looked down for all of a minute! When he starts walking my life as I know it is OVER! 
    Omg! He looks so naughty too! That face says it all!  Get ready mama!! 
  • Options
    @mrsmctaggart6 lol oh i know! DD started walking right on her 1st bday so i know what a pain it is!  I know there will be days where im going to regret wanting them to walk lol. In some things it would be easier\convenient for them to walk. I have to go back & forth taking them to the car. Bringing them in the house. Getting them in the same room without a problem. They like roaming around when @ parties and they try cruising and crawling but sometimes its not possible and i have to keep them on my lap & @ this age they're just not having it....& ahhhh stairs lol sounds like fun. Let your hubby deal with it lol.

@amp61470 sounds like he ls close! Mine have only taken 1 step maybe twice 2 weeks ago & nothing since. & i agree some things are harder when they walk...& omg! What a big boy climbing on the coffee table! Mine try getting on the couch but cant yet lol. I had a moment like you almost 2 months ago. The boys in their walkers, DD watching tv & i was cutting papers DDs teacher needed look up & Alan was on the floor next to my legs..yupp he got out his walker on his own and crawled over to me lol.

@dmbfan46835 lol i know everyone that sees me asks if they walk and im like "not yet" respond with "omg when they do they're going to be everywhere! poor you!" lol.  & in a way thats good! He will learn a lot, some things you wont like lol but hes going to learn! Congrats on baby #2! cant wait to see a 2nd beauty you bring into this world! Hope its a girl! She'll be so precious especially since i bet she'll look like Judah! But a Judah #2 woulsdt be bad either lol.

• Options
    @vibarra27 thank you! I'm still not getting too excited yet. I have my second blood draw today to see how my hCG levels look. I never had to do any of that with Judah but now I'm 35 and apparently old as hell, lol.  I hope it all works out! If not I think we will actually start trying sooner because this surprise has really made us both realize that we ARE ready for another one. Which I wasn't really too sure about before. So strange how things work out. 
  • Options
    This might be weird but I think our trampoline had a lot to do with DS2's gross motor skills. He has been walking and jumping on it for months. He runs like crazy, jumps off of the floor and low ledges and climbs on everything. Our bay window is my latest struggle since he likes to sit up there and watch people walk by. We have taught him to go down the stairs on his tummy feet first already and I would say that he does it 95 percent of the time but it still freaks me out. I've also found him sitting in the middle of the train table which was interesting. Yesterday I was on all fours on the floor playing and he climbed on my back and stood up. He makes me crazy trying to do everything his brother does. 
  • Options
    My LO is 13 months not walking but getting so close this week! I'm not ready! He's doing things his week he wasn't dreaming of doing last week. Like walking next to us only holding on with his one hand. He's already a monkey. He climbs onto the couch, tables, dog kennel, etc. He pushes stuff up next to whatever he wants on and uses it as stairs! It's crazy to watch. 
  • Options
    He is walking. He went from taking four steps one time a few weeks before, To fully walking out of the blue. This was about nine days before his first birthday. It was crazy to us, because all of our stepped for a little bit before they walked. He just decided one day to walk.
  • Options
    @dmbfan46835 well i hope everything went good today. If not sorry & i hope you get pregnant soon! And you are not old! Lol 

@ElleMF728 he sounds like a dare devil!  Just imagine when your 3rd bundle of joy hoins the fun.. :wink: congrats by the way!

@LoveLee85 its amazing huh? How they pick up on things and start doing new things out of the blue!

@momofsweetps awesome!  Do u have any complaints yet. Lol
  • Options
    Yes, he won't stop climbing ontop of everything. His favorite is the kitchen table. Walking doesn't bother me, glad he made it to almost a year. My #3 kiddo walked at 7 months. That was punishment! Ha!!
  • Options
    LO is about to be 13 months. She has taken up to about 15 steps before but usually only does 2-5. She's not interested in walking, she likes to crawl. I'm not too worried about it since I know she CAN.. she just won't. Makes things easier for me so that's a plus lol. But over the past 2 weeks she seems to take those very few steps more and more frequently throughout the day. I can smell it coming around the corner!
  • Options
    @vibarra27 thank you! I'm still not getting too excited yet. I have my second blood draw today to see how my hCG levels look. I never had to do any of that with Judah but now I'm 35 and apparently old as hell, lol.  I hope it all works out! If not I think we will actually start trying sooner because this surprise has really made us both realize that we ARE ready for another one. Which I wasn't really too sure about before. So strange how things work out. 
    I am 46 so no you aren't old as hell YET! LOL 
    Fingers are crossed.
    dmb I am getting ready. He has to be on the go at all times, he cracks me up.

• Options
    Yes, he's been walking since 10 months and now he's getting really fast. He's literally in everything. Constantly climbing into his toy boxes and getting "stuck" 
  • Options
    @vibarra27 thanks for the thoughts.  My numbers increased but didn't double. So I go back for a 3rd draw Monday. So not feeling too good about the whole thing at this point :( but at least it showed DH and I how much we really did want another. He's pretty bummed but trying to stay positive. 

@amp61470 DAYUM! 46?! That's amazing!!! Good for you mama!
  • Options
    @vibarra27 thanks for the thoughts.  My numbers increased but didn't double. So I go back for a 3rd draw Monday. So not feeling too good about the whole thing at this point :( but at least it showed DH and I how much we really did want another. He's pretty bummed but trying to stay positive. 

@amp61470 DAYUM! 46?! That's amazing!!! Good for you mama!
    I've been there. Fingers crossed lady. 
    I think being an older Mom helps me a lot. He is my rainbow baby and I waited my whole life for him. That said I am much more laid back when it comes to a lot of things. I never used antibacterial anything with him. He's had one cold. I let him try peanut butter very early.i was a baby in the early 70s my mother did things very differently. I've also got 16 nieces and nephews, 10 great nieces and nephews I've seen it all. It must've worked because the monkey is such a happy good baby. 
  • Options
    Yes! She will be 14 months old on the 29th and within the past week or 2, her walking skills have really taken off. She would only take a few steps here and there before, now she can keep up with her cousins! So proud of my girl!
  • Options
    I may have missed the update, but... Are you preggers?! And you're definitely not old! I just realized that after this cycle, I'll be AMA as I'll turn 35 in the next 9 months. 

Regarding the OP, my girl is so close to walking! She just doesn't trust her legs yet. For any of you with babies not walking, remember that it can take up to 18 months before you need to be worried. My first son didn't walk until 17 months. 
  • Options
    @pinkprincesspiper hey mama! I had my third blood draw today and they didn't call yet:( but I started cramping and bleeding so I think I have my answer. So that sucks. I had such an easy time with my last pregnancy so I hope this is just an anomaly and not a sign of things to come. I think we may actually start trying soon now. Didn't plan on it til December or so. Can't wait to see all these sept mamas and their new additions  <3
  • Options
    @pinkprincesspiper hey mama! I had my third blood draw today and they didn't call yet:( but I started cramping and bleeding so I think I have my answer. So that sucks. I had such an easy time with my last pregnancy so I hope this is just an anomaly and not a sign of things to come. I think we may actually start trying soon now. Didn't plan on it til December or so. Can't wait to see all these sept mamas and their new additions  <3
    I am sorry. It sucks. But as I remind myself, there is a reason for everything. After my miscarriages I was shocked at what an easy pregnancy I had with Chase. My heart goes out to you.