edited October 2016 in May 2017 Moms
This is for those of us with an EDD of:
05/03, 05/10, 05/17, 05/24, & 05/31

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What is one personality trait you want baby to get from you and one you want them to get from your SO?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 10/19

• How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? The size of a jack (like from the game with the spikes and bouncy balls)

Appointments this week? Still waiting for my first appointment next week. 

Symptoms? I thought the nausea was gone but it came back with a vengeance. And the always lovely constipation. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Too tired from work travel to rage. 

GTKY: What is one personality trait you want baby to get from you and one you want them to get from your SO? This is tough. Our son is a pretty good balance of us so I guess that's what I'm hoping for again, a pretty even mix. I think it's easier to pick what I hope they don't pick up!

May '17 labor memes
  • 11 weeks

A lime

No appointments this week. Next ultrasound in 2 weeks.

Nausea has changed a lot. Spent weeks having constant queasiness. Then had a break for a week. Now it's like a really strong feeling of hunger/nausea. I can't even describe it. It's like I'm now 2 seconds away from throwing up if I don't eat, but most food doesn't sound gross anymore.

I'd like the baby to get empathy from me and I really like how DH doesn't back down on things  (except for when he's arguing with me, then it's annoying). 
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?  9 weeks

How big is baby? The size of a tater tot

Appointments this week? No appointments this week.  I went in for bleeding last Friday and they found a SCH. Boo!!

Symptoms?  Same old...same old!  The actual throwing up has slowed down but I still have a lot of nausea.  The exhaustion is horrible this time.  I'm not afraid to say I took two naps yesterday.  Who can forget the joys of constipation.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  This is my 6th pregnancy and I have 1 living child.  My fiance is really excited when I am very worried.  Two days ago my best friend told me she doesn't understand why he is being so insensitive.  I'm kind of confused on how to handle the situation.  She has been very negative about my pregnancy since the beginning.  I know she didn't want me to get pregnant again but it's done, so get over it.  I do not feel like his happiness is being insensitive.  I'm not really sure how to handle her from here on.  I feel like she is trying to start some drama with us or something.  Does anyone have any suggestions or has dealt with a friend like this?

GTKY: What is one personality trait you want baby to get from you and one you want them to get from your SO?
    I hope he/she gets my laid back/easy going personality and I hope he/she gets his intelligence and strength.

How big is baby? The size of a cherry

Appointments this week? None this week. Next appointment is in two weeks. 

Symptoms? Extreme exhaustion and still nauseous. I also get extremely full after eating, and I'm not over eating by any means. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? This is baby #2 for us and the exhaustion is so much worse than the first time around. I'm starting to think that it's not normal how tired I am, but DH says he thinks it is because I'm running after a toddler this time. Any other 2+ mamas feel the same or have any advice? 

GTKY: What is one personality trait you want baby to get from you and one you want them to get from your SO? DH is really laid back and I am a worrier/planner. I hope the baby gets a healthy mix of both of those traits. 
  • 11 weeks! Leveling up!

A lime. That seems huge to me.

I had blood drawn for NIPT this morning, but I need to make my next real appt for sometime mid Nov. I'm a little nervous about results.

Still feeling super nauseous, constipated, gassy, etc. Now adding headaches and tailbone pain to the mix. Fun.

Despite feeling horrid, I've told myself that I can't have a bad attitude about it. So instead of whining to my dh, I laugh. I think he's starting to think I'm going crazy.

I want our child to be adaptable and empathetic like me, and have dh's 'go big or go home/grab life by the horns' attitude. But I'll take what I can get :)

@JonesBaby0624 sorry to hear about your friend. I've never been in that situation, at least related to pregnancy, but have you told her how you feel about her negativity?
  • @cclaineDC I hope your NIPT comes back normal.  I understand, I am nervous about mine as well.  Please let us know when you hear the results.  I have mine scheduled for 10/26.  

As far as my friend. I really like to avoid conflict and I've been so emotional lately.  I have not told her that her negativity is bothering me.  Maybe it is time to do that.

• How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? The size of a strawberry

Appointments this week? Not until November 15th  :|

Symptoms? Heartburn, lower back ache.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I hate complaining about the same thing over and over but I'm going to anyway. I can't believe I have to wait another 4 weeks to see a doctor. 

GTKY: What is one personality trait you want baby to get from you and one you want them to get from your SO? I'm hoping this baby is as patient as me and grows up to be as responsible as his dad. I love my DS but hopefully this baby is nothing like him. DS is high needs, clingy and over all very difficult. I love him to death but I don't think I can handle another like him without going crazy.
  • @achays11 I don't remember even being tired with my first. With my second I was tired a lot, but it was complete exhaustion in the last months. This time I'm falling asleep if I sit still for more than 5 minutes. I seriously sit on a couch and feel a little tired and next thing I know it's 30 minutes later and I've been drooling.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2

How big is baby? Strawberry, maybe?

Appointments this week? Had my first official prenatal yesterday.  Found out I have to start giving myself weekly injections because of my history of loss and PTL.  Small price to pay for a healthy baby!

Symptoms?  Almost none.  Nauseous sometimes, but it's not constant.  Mostly at night.  Really tired most of the time, but I was before getting pregnant, too.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  I got some bad news at my appointment.  In addition to having our labor and delivery unit shut down, we are not allowed to have our anatomy scans in town, either.  So I have to drive 2 hours for mine.  Which means DH probably won't get to go, which is upsetting.  We took care of our mom's in our community just fine for 50 years.  Not a single c-section, induction, lost mother, or lost baby.  I say those stats are pretty impressive, but the ACOG disagreed so the insurance company refused to cover our L&D wing.  So now my husband can't go to my anatomy scan.  I'm a bit bitter.

GTKY:  I hope my kids get my motivation and work ethic, but get some of their dad's laid back-ness.  But not all of it... sometimes he's just too laid back!  Also, his hair.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• @JCWhitey That's some pretty bad news! Not only can your hubbs not go with you to your appt, but having the lack of services close by seems so ... upside down! Are you worried about future appointments/delivery? My mind goes straight to emergency situations (neurotic that way); how close by is the nearest L&D location? How does this change your plans, or what you envisioned?
  • @SKZW Oh yes!  Labor is already freaking me out.  I get to drive 2-3 hours (varies largely based on weather and road construction) just to get to a hospital now.  Between that hospital and us is one very small community hospital that will actually turn you away.  My friend was 10 cm and they told her to get back on the road!  I will likely still go to my local hospital first because you CAN deliver there if they decide you are too far along to make the drive.  If you have more time they will assess if you can drive or should have an ambulance transfer.  A lot of mom's are choosing 37-38 week inductions or RCS for that reason, which is really sad, IMO.  I have a history of preterm labors so I likely will be in labor no matter what when I make the drive.

But then, even once I'm at the other hospital, I'm 2+ hours from home!  So my kids likely will not meet their new brother or sister at the hospital.  It really sucks all around.  This will possibly be my last baby because of it, and we originally planned more.  All of this happened after my daughter was born in 2015, so it's a fun, new stressful thing to deal with.  I knew it had happened, but the extent of it is just now hitting home.

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• @JCWhitey Wow. I'm just trying to process this. And I know it's not my business, nor my problem, but, geez, really, like... WTF?! I can't imagine having to deal with that. I would totally freak out. (And I don't mean to harp on what you're probably already feeling!) But here's the good thing. I'd bet money you're not alone. There are plenty of women in this country and elsewhere where rural living (or would the PC term be "distance-challenged"? lol) makes this type of situation the norm, not the exception. I just honestly, personally, with my tidy 20-30-minute drive to the hospital, can not even comprehend what I would do in this situation.... But you make lemonade right? You have time to figure it out. You'll weigh the pros and cons and hopefully the timing will line up for the local hospital. If you have to go further, the kids meeting the little one, that will sort itself out, and being a May baby might mean good weather and a good, safe drive to the hospital without issue. (Fingers crossed for no freak spring snow storms!) I'll be thinking about you, for sure. I bet it'll work out just fine and you'll have a great experience!
  • How far along are you? 12 weeks 

How big is baby? A lime or a plum I believe 

Appointments this week? Tomorrow early morning and I can't wait! NT scan

Symptoms? Nausea is lessening thank God. Still a little tired. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Not really. Just really struggling with whether or not to find out the sex. Our NIPT came back over a week ago and they can tell us but we can't decide. For now we are just happy the tests were good. 

GTKY: What is one personality trait you want baby to get from you and one you want them to get from your SO? Oh this is so easy for DH. His patience. He is so so patient and I hope all our kids get that from him as I have zero patience in many situations. From me, I would like them to get my outgoing personality. DH is more reserved and always compliments me on my ability to talk to anyone in any situation. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you?   11 weeks

How big is baby? A golf ball or donut hole!

Appointments this week?  Finally tomorrow morning!! First one :)

Symptoms? Headaches and sore nips are mainly it

Rant/Rave/Questions?  I was finally able to dopppler myself last night and hear baby. Nice strong heartbeat :)

GTKY: What is one personality trait you want baby to get from you and one you want them to get from your SO?    I'm more "go with the flow"  and easy going and DH has a great silliness/funny side. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • I still haven't had an appointment so this is based on my EDD. 

8 weeks, size of a raspberry

I have very little appetite, and feel pretty tired and crappy most afternoons. Some RLP already too, as this is my second pregnancy. 

My husband thinks I'm showing already! Definitely didn't expect my belly to pop this early ...

I hope this baby is generous like my husband and adventurous like me. 
  • @MrsFreeman2010 Yay for appointment and doppler!  I LOVE hearing the heartbeat...it warms my heart!!  I have such pregnancy brain.  I was afraid my fiancé wouldn't get to hear the hb but just remembered we have a doppler in the closet.  Geez!!

@CaHazelton you pop so much earlier with each pregnancy.  I look 5 months pregnant.  Of course, most of that is bloat but it's ute too.

• @JonesBaby0624 I have been looking for a few weeks trying find it and finally last night just sat it down and BAM heartbeat. I love where I work since it gives me access to dopplers and ultrasounds. It makes the wait between appointments easier :) I recorded the heartbeat last night and I'll record the ultrasound tomorrow...DH is out of town hunting (#huntingseasonwidow) so he's missing all the "firsts" time. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary

How big is baby? green olive

Appointments this week? had one last week and even got to hear the heartbeat by Doppler already!

Symptoms? nausea is waning, but strong protein aversion still

Rant/Rave/Questions? nope

GTKY: What is one personality trait you want baby to get from you and one you want them to get from your SO? hopefully the kid gets my H's positivity and confidence, but is a better judge of what's realistic from me

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Abby7Abby7 member
    edited October 2016
    How far along are you?   9 weeks

How big is baby? green olive (w/o pimiento, gag)

Appointments this week?  Had my first "official" OB appointment on Monday. Hence why I am here, they moved my EDC back to 5/24 (it was 5/29 based on LMP and 5/25 based on my earlier u/s). Would have gone well had it not been for my baby's heart rate being 199, which they said was NBD but I am freaking out about still. Also, I checked my bloodwork, and apparently I am anemic, but they have not said anything.

Symptoms? So tired of being sick and tired. M/s is not nearly as bad as it was with DD but I'm still so through with the constant low grade nausea which spikes every so often. But I am way, way more tired this time.  Yesterday I took a nap at noon.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Worried about that really high heart rate.

GTKY: What is one personality trait you want baby to get from you and one you want them to get from your SO?  Me: love of music DH: athleticism
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @SKZW It's going to be rough, but we all do it now and only two people last year didn't make it.  One was a highway baby and the other was able to turn around and get back into town and was born in the hospital parking lot.  So the odds are good well make it given the current statistics.  But just the idea of being in a car in labor that longs makes me queasy.  Especially with DH driving!  Lol!

• @JCWhitey  LOL @ husbands driving... both my hubbs and I have road rage issues (not the chasing people down and honking and flicking-off kind, we have the more-acceptable just yelling at people in the safety of our own cars kind), so, yeah, LOL b/c I picture my hubbs trying to deal with other drivers in a sane quiet un-like-himself manner while I'm in labor, LMAO...