September 2015 Moms
Options

Losing words/no new words

So for the first few months after Remy said his first word ("mom"- I wanna say it was around 10 months, give or take) he picked up several more words. Dad, dog, ball, bite- I'm sure there are others but those are just the ones I can recall at the moment. Dad was his favorite word for a long while, he said it constantly.

Anyway, for about a month now he's stopped using a lot of those words and has not picked up any new ones. The only words he uses anymore are mom (when he's upset) and bite (when he's hungry)

Anyone else? I'm a ftm so it's all new territory to me. Is this normal?

Re: Losing words/no new words

• Options
    We don't really have any words I can understand at this point. At 12 month check up his doctor wasn't worried because he is constantly babbling. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    Same here, except all he says now is "no"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine uses mama(mamamamama) as code for I need you (me) or something to comfort me and she started almost consistently using bub for dog bit otherwise nothing. She babbled dadada for a bit but that hasn't happened in a couple months. She babbled nonsensically all the time though so i don't worry. Does your little one still babbled or is it all silent? Might just be working on other skills. Have they been doing anything else that's new?
  • Options
    Wow...dad, dog, ball and bite! 

My LO can say dada and mama. Oh and lalala!

I don't think you should be too worried :)

• Options
    My boys doc said they stop doing things they already known to pick up on new things & then they go back to doing it again. He says they'll stop working on verbal skills to pick up on motor skills & its totally nornal.

My boys were saying "mom" "papa" "ball" & "que" which is Spanish for "what". Now they say "sshhh" with their finger to their mouth. "ooooh"(like oooh your in trouble) "mi mama" (spanish for "my mom") and "bababa" (for the minion banana song") i havent heard them call my husband papa in months but i know they know it.

For a while there they were just mimicking noises we would make or noises they heard on tv. They mock my daughter when she screams. When DD cries they make a crying sound as well. Right now they're in no hurry to walk but try "talking". He's probably just picking up on something else @ the moment. No worries momma.
  • Options
    babycreelbabycreel member
    edited October 2016
    My little one says dada or daddy a lot. She'll say mama, but only if she wants something. She's said ball, but not recently (so I feel like she lost that one). And her new thing is saying hi....I may be biased but it's the cutest thing ever, especially when she pairs it with a hand wave. but she seems to go in spurts. Right now all she wants to say is hi, lol.