October 2016 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change 10.16.16

How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms?

GTKY: How did you choose your screen name?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 10.16.16

• How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby?  38 weeks

What size is baby? 
    Winter melon, or the size of a bucket of chicken at KFC

Upcoming appointments? 
    This Friday for another quick checkup. Apparently it's safe for baby to come any time now - yay!!

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rant: My appointment this past week caused me a lot of anxiety. They told me yet again that he's measuring large, and also has a big head. Then they went on to say that they know I want an all natural birth, but just be aware he may not fit and I might need a c section. That is the last thing I wanted to hear, so it was frustrating!! After a bunch of googling, I actually feel better!! For anyone else in this position, here are 3 things to keep in mind. 1 - On my side of the family, and my DH's side of the family, there were no c sections. Somehow we fit, and all of the rest of the family fit. So the chances of this baby also fitting are very high. 2 - Even though babies head is measuring big at the latest ultrasound, their heads are very soft, and will change shape to fit the birth canal. 3 - Different pelvises are different sizes. Dilating to "10 cm" is just a saying. Everyone's body is different. Some people dilate more than 10 cm, and others dilate a bit less. Your body knows what you can handle. If you need your pelvis to open up more, squatting during birth is a good way to accomplish this. After reading all of this, I am going in with a relaxed attitude of I got this. I will do any position possible to get him out naturally!!

Symptoms? 
    Starting to get a lot of period like cramps. Hope this is a good sign that baby may be ready soon!! Bad lightning crotch, especially when getting up from a seated or laying down position, and turning to the other side at night. Heartburn, and still have occasional nausea and vomiting. Swelling in feet and ankles, but it is actually not as bad as it was a couple weeks ago!! Lots of getting up at night to pee. Getting tired very easily when doing activities like cooking, cleaning, or shopping.

Pupatella's is our favorite pizza restaurant in our area!! Soooo delicious. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 38 weeks

What size is baby? 
    Winter melon, ukulele 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Tuesday for a check up and my last ultrasound - doctor thinks she's measuring a week or so ahead. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I am so ready to be done working. My last day was tentatively 10/28 and I planned on going in the next week if I was overdue, but I think I'm making the 28th my hard stopping point. I'm over it!

Symptoms? 
    Also experiencing lots of period-like cramps and lightning crotch. My heartburn has decreased significantly which is great, but I'm still up 5-6 times a night to go to the bathroom.

It's my first name and two of my lucky numbers. Nothing to do with the band!
    Pregnancy Ticker