May 2017 Moms

Target Diaper Deal

bacorreabacorrea member
edited October 2016 in May 2017 Moms
Hey Ladies! 
Just wanted to let y'all know about the target deal that starts tomorrow (October 16). This happens a couple times a year and allows you to double dip with gift card promos. Buy any two of the listed brands (Huggies, Pampers, Luvs, Pull ups) at the 24.99 price and get a $10 gift card. If you buy 8 boxes of diapers plus one filler (like a pack of wipes) that will get you to $200.00 then you can get $40 in gift cards from the diapers, and $40 gift card for spending $200. For a total of $80 gift cards! 

Plus cartwheel has 10% off pampers (ends tomorrow) $2 off (one time use) a box of huggies and then if you have a red card that's an extra 5% off. Plus if you have any manufacture coupons you can use those too.

Make sure you scan the gift card deals and then do the coupons & cartwheel because the total before tax has to equal $200 in order to get all the gift cards. 

Some people are breaking up this deal and using some of the gift cards to pay for diapers, but I save all my gift cards for Christmas shopping. 

Happy Shopping! 

Edit to add, you don't have to buy diapers, it's just the best deal with the gift cards because you get an extra $40. You can just go buy $200 worth of any baby supplies and get $40 back in gift cards.

Re: Target Diaper Deal

• Thanks @bacorrea ... who doesn't love a good deal?!  :)  I personally might not take advantage of it this time around... but in a few months... score! (so keep us posted!)
  • This seems to be the HOLY GRAIL of deals!

They also have one every now and then where you can get a $25 gift card for spending $100 on diapers/wipes/formula...etc. It is super easy to get up to $100 and I always stock up when I see the signs for that sale! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the Target plug! (I manage the Target in my town ☺️) This is definitely a great week to stock up! The Ergo ends up being discounted quite a bit too with the GC double dip!
  • I absolutely love it when they have this deal! I took advantage back in Jan or Feb and got 9 boxes of diapers for DD and 1 for a friends baby shower. We're finally on the last box for DD ha. Hopefully the next one is in the spring since I dont have the place to put them yet until we buy a house. STM with younger kiddos should take advantage though!

• Any second time moms' suggestions for how many boxes of what sizes to get if we want to take advantage of this deal?
  • emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited October 2016
    @museic - I hate to sound 'cliche' but it really depends on the baby. My little guy was in NB for a couple of weeks and blew through 1's pretty fast too. I can't remember exactly (and of course I didn't think to record it for posterity) but I would guess...

0-2 weeks - NB
    2 weeks - 1.5 mos - size 1
    1.5 - 4 mos - size 2
    4 - 7 mos - size 3 (we have a friend - a month older - who was still in 1s when we were in 3s)
    7 - now (11mos) - size 4 (and he sleeps in 5s)

If you want to make sure you will not waste money, I would say to spread out the sizes you buy. They will always grow into the next size. You might do a little research for anecdotal reports on sizing. I have found that even when my little guy outgrew a size in Target brand (our favorite!) that Pampers in the same size would still fit and would help bridge the gap between sizes.  
  • museic said:
    Any second time moms' suggestions for how many boxes of what sizes to get if we want to take advantage of this deal?
    Both of my girls were born full term, DD1 was 7lb12oz and DD2 was 8lb even. I feel like I used the least amount of size 2 diapers. My 2 1/2 year old is 26 lbs now and still fits in size 4 for reference.  

If I end up buying 8 boxes, I'd probably buy:
    2 Newborn (because you change them a lot!) 
    4 Size 1
    1 Size 2
    1 Size 3 

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • bacorreabacorrea member
    edited October 2016
    Haha and I never used newborn! DD was 9lb 9oz! She went straight into 3 month clothes. I would buy most of the middle sizes! I think we were in 2s and 3s the longest. 
  • bacorrea said:
    Haha and I never used newborn! DD was 9lb 9oz! She went straight into 3 month clothes. I would buy most of the middle sizes! I think we were in 2s and 3s the longest. 
    It's so hard to judge newborn! I never opened any newborn boxes or took the tags off newborn clothes because you never know! 

I think target is pretty good about exchanging unopened boxes for a different size too! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @museic

Its hard to have a definite answer. Every baby grows differently. Mine was in nb for up to 2 weeks then size 1. I remember we were finishing up with size 3 by 6 months. She ended up being 90% for height and weight, plus we always sized up before the "recommended" minimum weight the box would state. She just turned 2 and is in size 5 during the day and 6 overnight. 

Whenever this deal happen again I will probably do this: one box of nb, 3 of 1, 4 of 2 and 2 of 3. Target is pretty great about exchanging for a different size, as long they don't change anything between now and whenever. Thats the other reason why im going to wait.

• Dang... I just spent like $200 on baby gear at target the other day. I wonder if I can return it and purchase it again to get the gift cards..... ???

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

•  @museic - I wouldn't even buy NB diapers because your baby might be too big for them. I would wait until baby comes and then buy NB size if needed. Size 1 - I would plan for 1 month. That first month though, baby goes through a lot of diapers and you will be changing him/her 8-11 times a day so you need 250-300  diapers initially but might need more if the baby is smaller. Size 2 they are in for 3-4 months but using fewer per day. I have found that size 3 and 4 they are in for the longest so buying those sizes in bulk is usually pretty safe. My daughter just turned 2 and she's still in size 4. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I can't utilize this but thanks for the heads up. Have passed it on to people I think can use it!!!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Sizing totally depends on the kiddo, my 21 month olds are still in size 3s. We were definitely in 2's and 3's the longest.  I was always told when buying ahead don't buy larger than 3s.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Everyone's right: You just won't know for sure until you're in the midst of it all. I think @bacorrea is right about newborn sizing being the one you may not need. I'd maybe do 4 of size 1 and 4 of size 2 to be on the safe side. Even if you overbuy on a small size and the baby sizes up and out, chances are you might've met other local moms by then to swap with (or find a charity/church/women's shelter to simply donate to). The diapers you buy now and might not use can always go to good use by somebody out there!

@vrj0522 is right, though: For size 1, let's say: An average of 10 diapers per day is 300 in one month, so if diapers come in 100/box, you can safely get 3 boxes and be assured you'll use them all.

P.S. At one point, I got a tad bit frustrated by all the cardboard boxes sitting on the floor in the baby's room (storage issues) so I threw a small tablecloth over a stack of 3 boxes (2 right-side up, 1 turned on its side) and it was the perfect height for a chair-side table surface for all the things I needed within reach during feedings (water, granola bars, magazines, burp cloths, baby books, phone charger, etc.). 
  • When does this run through? I'm out of town until Tuesday night. 

And dittox10 on the weirdness of sizing. My son was born 8lb 7oz and we started with 1's and just folded the top down for his umbilical stump. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Agree on not buying newborn size. You'll likely have a small stash from the hospital to bring home plus there's almost always someone who will gift a box to you. My DD was 7lbs 5oz and stayed in newborn for about 3 weeks. She is now 21 months and just moved to size 4.
  • Thanks ladies, that worked out really well! Feeling a little more prepared now lol :) And it's nice to walk away with all those gift cards!
  • I'm an idiot. It works online too! My Target has a terrible selection in store and they will email you the gift card codes. It was quick and painless!

Bought two size 1's and a mess of 6's. Excited for the gift cards, momma will be buying some maternity clothes with those. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Thanks for sharing! 
  • I will definitely be taking a advantage of this deal for DD and the LO that's on the way !! Thanks so much for sharing! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• I know this thread is sort of old news, but maybe someone will see it and head out shopping this weekend! 

I just needed to share that I've been on the diaper aisles for probably 20 minutes and have done more math than I have since that time I failed calculus in college. It's also awkward because my mom is with me (she doesn't know I'm pregnant) and I have to keep coming up with reasons I might need small size diapers... Well, you never know when someone might have a shower! *siiiiiiigh*
  • @emilyalso : LOL, good luck hiding it from her for too much longer! You keep dropping hints like that ("let's go shopping in the baby department! but for no reason!"), don't be surprised if/when she calls you out!  :)
  • emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited October 2016
    @SKZW - It helps that I already have 1 baby. :) But he is in 4's so she doesn't understand why I am shopping for 1's! 
  • @emilyalso This seriously is the funniest thing I've heard today... good luck with your deceptions!
  • There's a $1.50 off coupon for Pampers active now :) 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Does anyone know the gift card codes?  I'm trying to buy online. Last minute I know!
  • Does anyone know the gift card codes?  I'm trying to buy online. Last minute I know!
    I think they should show up on your cart automatically as long they qualify for the deal. You can play around with your orders and check before you make the purchase.

• pshaortao said:
    Does anyone know the gift card codes?  I'm trying to buy online. Last minute I know!
    I think they should show up on your cart automatically as long they qualify for the deal. You can play around with your orders and check before you make the purchase.
    Thank you!!!
  • I did this last night and took a bunch of coupons so for $200 I got the 8 boxes plus a small bag of diapers and a big box of wipes. I only regretted not taking advantage of the "spend  $100 on toys and get a $25 GC back" sale. I didn't think of it until this morning but I could have gone back in and used the $80 in GCs and only spend an additional $20 in toys and I would have gotten the $25 GC. Oh well. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018