October 2016 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 10.15.16

How many weeks? 

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: What's one pregnancy or baby (or both) product that you could absolutely not live without? 

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 10.15.16

• How many weeks? 
    4+1, seriously time has been flying by!

What size is baby?
    We haven't had a weight-in since last week, but she's eating a lot more so I'm assuming she's at least 6 lbs. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Nothing until the end of the month for me, her next appointment isn't until the end of November. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I've noticed a decrease in my supply so I've been working to build it back up, but my nipples are SO sore. I've been thinking about putting ice packs on, but I'm nervous that doing so will hurt my supply even more. I did manage to pump a full 5 oz this morning though so it's getting better. 

Luckily I've been craving brown sugar oatmeal since that's supposed to increase supply. 

GTKY: What's one pregnancy or baby (or both) product that you could absolutely not live without? 
    While I was pregnant I think I would have never slept if I didn't have my Snoogle. Even now it's been a lifesaver with the c-section. I think I wouldn't be able to live without the RNP. She sleeps amazing in it and it's allowed us to actually get some sleep too . 
  • How many weeks? 
    39 weeks
    What size is baby?
    Pumpkin ! Ugh, I'm afraid she is huge.
    Upcoming appointments?
    Thursday ... I swear he better consider an induction or this baby better make an entrance soon. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    All 3 kids woke up like crazy animals. I was consistently up through the night and have no patience this morning. Hormones have me so grumpy. I lost more bloody MP last night but whatever contractions I thought I was having have stopped. 
    Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, I'm making a special run today to get them ! 

I'm not big on relying on products, honestly I can make due with or without them. Absolutely can't do it without diapers and wipes lol -- I've been there before when I forget to get more before the last one and praying the husband gets back in time before this one sags to the floor. So awful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks? 
    38! Finally feel like the end is in sight

What size is baby?
    Winter melon

Upcoming appointments?
    Thursday for my weekly

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    On the rave front, I finally decided that Tuesday will be my last day in the office. Then I will work from home. Thank goodness! The act of getting dressed and driving in is just too much anymore.

Rant...I really just feel like I can't handle being pregnant anymore. I had no progress at my last appointment and now I fear I will go overdue like with my first. Ugh.

Can't sleep, horrible reflux, pelvic pain. You name it, I am bitching about it lately.

Rock 'n play hands down @nataliemaephotography that thing was a lifesaver!
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19

• How many weeks? 
    40!

What size is baby?
    Watermelon. Eeks. At 38ish week US she was measuring in the 27th percentile at 6 lbs 4oz. 

Upcoming appointments?
    NST on Tuesday 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Ready to have this baby!

no aches and pains beyond the usual from carrying around extra weight. No heartburn. Extreme fatigue lately. Sleeping long and napping hard. Craving Oreos. Corn Pops. 

good call on the snoogle. I also couldn't live without my maternity support belt between 32 and 36 weeks when my RLP was terrible. Wrist guards in the last month , borrowed from my coworker, have been amazing for night time carpal tunnel relief. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • How many weeks? 38 weeks

What size is baby? 8 lbs 10 oz estimated at my ultrasound yesterday. I also think she's super long. Her head is low but she's still bumping into my ribs consistently. 

Upcoming appointments? Next Friday for another growth scan (this time they called it a BioPhysical Profile, so I don't really know if that involves more than just the ultrasound). I was told that if she's gotten to a certain weight estimate they're going to offer me a c-section. I know my body can most likely deliver a large baby (I'm a tall person with a a larger build) but the description of what labor could be like with a big baby has me a little worried. I might take them up on the section offer--plus I like the idea of having a date set. The unknown is killing me with anxiety.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: I was supposed to work until Tuesday and had everything planned for that to be my last day. At my appointment the midwife asked if I was still working. I said yes and she shook her head and said, "Nooo, you're not." I convinced her to let me finish the day and teach my last class but I'm out and on modified bed rest for edema. 

Raves: Not much to rave about. Just want to have this pregnancy over with so I can have my little girl. 

Questions: anyone else feel guilty having to leave work? I know it'll be different when my baby is here, but right now I feel so guilty not being with my students. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Swelling has gotten out of control. My feet triple in size so I know not being on them is for the best. But it's been one day and I'm already tired of laying down.   

GTKY: What's one pregnancy or baby (or both) product that you could absolutely not live without? I really haven't used many pregnancy products. Except my maternity dress pants. Pants are so hard to find even when I'm not pregnant and I'll sort of miss those things. They just fit so well! Y'all are making me so glad I have a RNP all ready though--I'm sure it's going to be the baby product I won't be able to live without. 

• How many weeks? 39 weeks.

What size is baby? Appr. 8lbs 2 ozs. +/- 19 ozs.

Upcoming appointments? Weekly appointments until lo's arrival.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My father in law was supposed to come and help out this next week with my older son.  Unfortunately, his truck is in the shop and we don't know when he'll make it- and my husband acts like it is no big deal.  I'm exhausted and having a really hard time being patient and taking care of things around the house like I need to.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Still not sleeping well.  I'd like to sleep on my back, but can't anymore.  Just waiting until Franklin gets here so I can continue to be sleep deprived. ;)

GTKY: What's one pregnancy or baby (or both) product that you could absolutely not live without? I really love cloth diapers, they're economical and cute.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jek2016 I felt guilty about leaving my students until my baby was born- now I am just loving being off with him. Everything will be fine, and if not, I'll fix it when I get back. Nothing I care to do about it now! 
  • How many weeks? Gideon is two weeks old today.

What size is baby? I'll find out at his appointment on Monday.

Upcoming appointments? Monday for a baby check-up.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I forgot how frustrating it can be to breastfeed an infant.  I got so used to breastfeeding a toddler, so now, trying to get Gideon to latch is a real struggle.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? So hungry all the time.

GTKY: What's one pregnancy or baby (or both) product that you could absolutely not live without? Muslin blankets and a boppy pillow.
  •  How many weeks? 
    2 weeks today

What size is baby?
    As of his 2 week appointment (which was actually Thursday, I think...my days all blur together), he's back up to his birth weight, yay!  His weight is 84th percentile, height I think 95th, head 63rd.

Upcoming appointments?
    Nada for awhile.  I had my 2 week postpartum appointment, all is looking good.  We discussed birth control options, considering an IUD, but I don't know.  I want a 3rd, H is in the two and done camp.  I feel like an IUD might push us closer to 2 and done.  But I also don't want a baby for at least a couple years, and a surprise pregnancy would be no bueno.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I can't wait to get to some real exercising so I can lose the rest of this baby weight!  I've lost 25 lbs, but I gained about 45, so I've got 20 to go. :/

Craving PB toast and coffee every morning.  Yum!  I wish I could say I was craving fruits and veggies or something but....

A breathing/movement monitor of some sort because I'm crazy paranoid like that.  With my first we had an Angelcare monitor.  With this one we're using an Owlet, and so far I really like it.  I know it doesn't protect against SIDS, but it helps me sleep better at night knowing I'd at least get an alert if there were any issues.  Man, the worrying never ends!

@jek2016 I agree with @ashleyp625.  Before I was a sahm I taught kindergarten, and I definitely felt guilty leaving them when I was pregnant with my first.  I only took 8 weeks maternity leave.  Hindsight, I should've taken more.  Once my baby girl was here, she was my priority and I was totally fine leaving my kiddos with my long term sub, who was awesome.  Your class will be just fine too, and they'll be so excited when you come back! 

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @sidecarsareforbishes we did the IUD after our #3 and it's better than remembering pills or using condoms. You can have sex and enjoy it without worry. When we decided we wanted number 4 we got it taken out in November or December and we were pregnant early February.. so it is really great. I got the copper one, not the hormonal one. 
  • Thanks @sidecarsareforbishesand @ashleyp625. It takes me time to wrap my head around things and I had two weeks to get used to the idea of my original leave date. If they had said, "Nope, you're having a baby today, no more work" I think I would have adjusted better and more quickly. But with potentially two weeks of laying on my side I'm terrified of the thought of how stir crazy I'm going to be. But I know my students are in good hands and thankfully these days, with the tech my district has, I can practically be there from my couch!

• @jek2016 I don't blame you, I'd go crazy having to lay there too, that totally stinks.  Hopefully the time will pass quickly for you, I know how badly I just wanted to be done the last couple weeks of pregnancy. 

@mommabear444 I've heard great things about IUDs, and I definitely didn't want to go on BCPs.  I've had bad experiences with them making me really nauseous.  We tried condoms for awhile...ok, maybe like twice.  We ended up going to pull and pray and family planning and thankfully that worked out, ha!
    I'm hoping my husband will eventually come around to wanting a 3rd, I'm just hoping the fact that an IUD is such a long term contraceptive doesn't influence whether or not we try for another.  But, at the end of the day if he doesn't want a 3rd, I'll be happy with my two kiddos. 

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • How many weeks? 
    1+6
    What size is baby?
    7 lb, 15 oz 
    Upcoming appointments?
    Blood pressure check for me and weight check for baby, both on Friday. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Daddy goes back to work during the day tomorrow- hope baby is kind to me!
    I picked up some apple spice yogurt covered pretzels at target last night and I can't get enough. 
    Bouncy seat for sure...that's how we sleep at night.