3rd Trimester

41 weeks pregnant induction on Tuesday

I've reached a point where even the bump is done tracking my pregnancy, I'm extremely miserable. I can't sleep and all pregnancy symptoms are in full force. My labor starts and stops. I'm being induced Tuesday at 42 weeks and feel like my body has failed me. I'm scared. Anyone want to share positive induction stories with me???

Re: 41 weeks pregnant induction on Tuesday

• Try not to get discouraged. I was in a very similar situation. Scheduled induction for a Tuesday night and I had pretty much resolved myself to it. Wouldn't you know, I went into labor on my own Sunday morning.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Not me, but my sister was induced with my niece. Nothing went wrong, other than her catheter bag not being emptied/changed and it started leaking. She was essentially in labor with her for 22 hours, but she was also induced at 36 weeks exactly, for medical reasons. You never know, you could go into labor on your own in the next few days!! Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was induced due to pre eclampsia at 38 weeks. 
    I was 2.5 cm dilated and 90% effaced when I went to the hospital. 
    I began the induction process around noon and although I didn't deliver until 9:27am the following day I had a fantastic experience!
    I enjoyed the process of giving birth so much I've considered becoming a surrogate.
    As long as you go in with an open mind it will be fine.
    Ask your OB the process they plan to use to induce you and try to educate yourself on it so you can better advocate for yourself. 
    When you go in, don't be afraid to ask questions about what they are doing and for what reason. 
    I wish you the best of luck and regardless of the process just focus on the end game: your baby!
  • My induction was awesome! I was induced at 38 weeks due to high blood pressure and boarder line pre-e. I was dialated to a 2 and 80% effaced. They started my induction just after 11pm and at 4:30am I was completely dialated and ready to push! Pushing lasted for 4 hours but that's because she has a big head and I have small hips :) I LOVED giving birth. If I could skip pregnancy I would have a ton of children.