May 2017 Moms
Options

SCH?

Hi guys,  after having a beyond perfect u/s on Wednesday I started having bright red bleeding on Thursday afternoon, I went right in for another u/s this morning which showed growth and an even stronger HB than on Wednesday, but also showed a SCH about 3 cm large.  The Doctor gave me a "more likely than not" everything will be just fine but that I should expect more bleeding.  

Has anyone else dealt with this or is going through it?  I'm a bit of a mess but trying to stay positive. 
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: SCH?

• Options
    There has a been a few SCHs on this board.  I'd recommend searching and joining those posts.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    I had/ have one the same size found at 7 weeks. I pretty much bled that one time and then had light brown spotting for the following 5 days. Haven't seen any since and I'm 10 weeks today! I'm praying it's over with! I totally understand the worry but my Dr didn't seem too concerned so I'm trying to not worry too much about it either. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I woke up bleeding in the night so I went to doc this morning.  He found an SCH, apparently it's not big and he doesn't seem overly concerned.  He said I should expect some more spotting and he would see me at my next appointment on the 26th.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    Thanks guys! I'm sorry you are both going through this too.  

Im hoping for positive news for all of us at our next check ups!
  • Options
    This is my 4th pregnancy and i have 2 kids... and my first sch. When i got an ultrasound in the ER they didn't see it or didn't tell me about it but said they saw to sacs go to my doc 2 days later she sees it and 3 sacs... apparently they are kinda common with multiples and told me not to worry about it. I also had low progesterone which I've never had before either. I thought this pregnancy would be a piece of cake but instead it's been a whirlwind and it's only the beginning!
  • Options
    Congrats on the twins @ptgcrg12!  I'm hope your SCH goes away and your pregnancy starts getting easier on you!
  • Options
    ptgcrg12 said:
    This is my 4th pregnancy and i have 2 kids... and my first sch. When i got an ultrasound in the ER they didn't see it or didn't tell me about it but said they saw to sacs go to my doc 2 days later she sees it and 3 sacs... apparently they are kinda common with multiples and told me not to worry about it. I also had low progesterone which I've never had before either. I thought this pregnancy would be a piece of cake but instead it's been a whirlwind and it's only the beginning!
    Whoa you'll have triplets! Good luck! :)

As for me, this is my third pregnancy (2 kids) and my first SCH as well. I thought I was having a miscarriage because of the bright red bleeding but it didn't last more than a few hours other than petering out to some very light brown spotting for a few more days. When I got a US a few days later there was no problem with the baby but they did see the SCH. This happened at around 6 weeks and now I'm 10 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    good luck @kat81!  Have you had any monitoring of the SCH for shrinking/growth?  I had a follow up u/s today and my SCH is the same size as last week, but no bleeding since so - small victories!! 
  • Options
    MTB16 said:
    good luck @kat81!  Have you had any monitoring of the SCH for shrinking/growth?  I had a follow up u/s today and my SCH is the same size as last week, but no bleeding since so - small victories!! 
    No, the plan is that they will check the size at the anatomy scan. It will either be gone/shrunk in which case they won't care, or it will still be there looming, in which case they'll care...I'm not sure what the intervention will be, but they did say that if it persists then it can be correlated with preterm labor. For now I'm not thinking about it and I'm just assuming it will go away because it seems like most of them do. I haven't had any bleeding since the initial bit a few weeks ago.

• Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited October 2016
    Sorry wrong thread!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w