May 2017 Moms

Friday ticker change 10/14/16

For EDD 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, & 5/26

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: If you could have taken a different career path, what would you have pursued?

Re: Friday ticker change 10/14/16

• Good morning everyone! 

How far along are you? 9 weeks! This isn't a huge deal for me. My last pregnancy didn't make it this far. 

How big is baby? as big as a cherry or grape, different apps say different size so. 

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? Nothing for a few more weeks.

Any new symptoms or changes? No new symptoms, just other symptoms continuing. I have pretty constant nausea and sore boobs. I get tired faster still. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am glad I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks, because I was so worried after a recent loss. But I also wish I had waited longer so I could see a more detailed baby image. 

GTKY: If you could have taken a different career path, what would you have pursued? I've been thinking, though I love being a teacher, that it would have been fun to be a wedding planner or interior designer or something where I could be more creative and set my own schedule. 
  • Luckyu317Luckyu317 member
    edited October 2016
    **11 weeks, babies are the size of Limes. **No Apts until 11/2. Boo. **No new symptoms. Still breaking out like crazy, and so sleepy. **Rants/raves: my two year old randomly said other day "I'm big brother". It was pretty cute. I really wish the spotting would stop. **GTKY: I would love to work in social services in one way or another. Not sure exactly what though.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 8 weeks

How big is baby? Pygmy seahorse, 0.63 inches

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? 2nd ultrasound is on Monday.  Should be released from the RE if all goes well.

Any new symptoms or changes? Bloat has started but the queasiness has lessened.  I'll take it.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing, just sooooo excited it the weekend.

GTKY: If you could have taken a different career path, what would you have pursued? Nothing that I can think of.  To me, a job is a job.  I don't really care too much about a "career".
    dx: Unexplained IF (mild MFI) TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013): Antagonist Protocol:
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013): Lupron Stop Protocol:
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014): transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

FET #2 (September 2016): transferred 1 5d blast = BFP
    EDD 05/26/17
  • How far along are you? 8 weeks

How big is baby? raspberry

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? I have one this upcoming Thursday. It was supposed to be yesterday but I had to cancel because my grandma's funeral ended up being that day. (She died peacefully in her sleep after fighting pneumonia so it wasn't a huge shock.) It'll be my first with the regular OBGYN. I was released from RE on Monday.

Any new symptoms or changes? I have nausea all the time. And I feel so bad right when I wake up. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? not really

GTKY: If you could have taken a different career path, what would you have pursued? if money wasn't an issue I'd love to fix up houses. My dad is a carpenter and my parents started flipping houses when I was like 14 so I helped out and it was a lot of fun. They usually buy abandoned/foreclosed houses and completely gut them and start over.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • Good morning y'all! I have been posting in the Tuesday Ticker Change, but was never 100% certain of my dates. I had my first ultrasound yesterday, and it turns out my due date is 5/26! 

How far along are you? 
    8 weeks!

How big is baby? Jelly bean

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? As mentioned above, our first ultrasound was yesterday, and the little blob looks great! HB was 172 :)

Any new symptoms or changes? Nausea seems to be decreasing steadily, which I'm digging. Other than that, I'm feeling about the same- still fighting a terrible cold, and really missing being able to breathe out of my nose.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Umm...I was really craving a Chewy granola bar this morning and was unable to acquire one before work. So now I have to wait until lunch, 

GTKY: If you could have taken a different career path, what would you have pursued? I would love to be a labor and delivery nurse. I actually looked into nursing school after I graduated from law school, but the last thing I need are more student loans. Being a lawyer was a pretty poor choice, it turns out...haha. I love my current job, but am not super excited about future options.
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• MollyandDMollyandD member
    edited October 2016
    @cajunsnowwhite89 I should add flipping houses to my list. I've always wanted to try that out. Edited to fix a bad autocorrect. 
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? grape. I've got some huge grapes in my fridge right now!

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? Not until 10/31 for a full workup

Any new symptoms or changes? Cramping seem to have stopped and RLP have started. Still tired and not very hungry otherwise.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I ended up with a nasty sore throat that when I swallow my left ear and head hurt. DH did a Target run and picked up some Tylenol and ice cream for me so that helped me sleep more comfortably. He seemed pretty annoyed that I wasn't using my voice this morning when trying to get DD's attention. Sorry it's uncomfortable to talk?

GTKY: If you could have taken a different career path, what would you have pursued? My degree is in biomedical photography and as awesome as it is, the field is way too small. I did discover how much I enjoy being in an office setting with occasional interaction and feel that I would thrive well in a setting with serious organization like record management. I did human resources at Target full time, then switched to Sundays only when DD was born. I miss only part of it. I may eventually look into certification or some kind of educational program so I can get a job in a similar field when the kiddos are older.

• @kayemjay2 welcome! We have the same due date!! Last time I looked at the spreadsheet there was only like 3-4 of us lol.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • @CajunSnowWhite89- Thanks! I will have to update the spreadsheet now that I have an official due date! 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• How far along are you?  11 weeks

How big is baby? Poker chip or Bee Hummingbird 

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? I had one yesterday to do the first Trimester bloodwork. Got to hear baby's heartbeat on the doppler which was fantastic. 175 bpm. Next appointment is 10/27 for NT ultrasound, and they'll check on my SCH then too. 

Nausea is getting slightly better. I'm still exhausted all the time though. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I hate mobile bumping, which is why I haven't been participating the last several weeks. I'm trying to get over it though since I'm never at a computer that I can Bump on. 

GTKY: If you could have taken a different career path, what would you have pursued? I'm not so sure I'd consider my current job as a manager of an animal hospital as my career. Even at 30 I don't feel like I've found my niche. I'd love to go back to school for nursing and work in L&D or maybe in the NICU. I'd also love to work in wildlife conservation, but that's more of an unrealistic dream job. 

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21

• How far along are you? 10 Weeks today

How big is baby? Strawberry or kumquat (depending on which app you prefer) I happen to think strawberry is cuter :)

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? Next apt not till 11/2

Any new symptoms or changes? Nausea seems to be lessening, but exhaustion is still high. No cravings, just a list of food aversions, mostly all things hamburger/ground beef related.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Trying to decided if we want to have the CVS test done. We aren't terminating no matter what, but DH thinks it would be good to know and be prepared. I don't like the idea of an invasive test. Any advise on one way or the other?

GTKY: If you could have taken a different career path, what would you have pursued? Got a degree in Interior Design and I loved it! I did get out of the field because of the retail hours and back stabbing nature of other designers. But I still do designing on the side and I love every second of it. I am loving where I am now, and wouldn't change a thing. 
  • How far along are you? 10 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of a lego man! 

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made? First Appointment is the 25th!

Any new symptoms or changes? I have really bad hemorrhoids. Other than that I'm just tired. Way different than my first pregnancy! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope! 

GTKY: If you could have taken a different career path, what would you have pursued? I'm currently a SAHM, but my undergrad is in speech coms/pre law and my grad is in public policy. I wish I did interior designing. 
  • clebl24clebl24 member
    edited October 2016
    Hi Ladies. I'm new to Friday ticker change group after my due date was bumped up at dating u/s yesterday. 

How far along are you?  9 weeks

How big is baby?  Cherry

Upcoming appointments this week or appointments made?  First prenatal and u/s yesterday. I go back in 5 weeks. 

Any new symptoms or changes?  I'm not as nauseous. Woohoo!  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Anyone have experience with cyst on an ovary during pregnancy. I'm going back for another u/s in 5 weeks to re-check.  Apparently, mine is pretty large. I've had a little discomfort. I assumed it was RLP, but doc thinks it is the cyst. They even sent me home with a pic in case I end up at hospital after hours. On the bright side, we get an unexpected u/s and get to see baby again in a few weeks. 

GTKY: If you could have taken a different career path, what would you have pursued?
    I'm an attorney and I hate that my work never feels finished. I think forensic accounting or a physician's assistant would be good careers. DH is a PA and I'm jealous that he's done at the end of the work day and until there is a new patient. I never feel like my work is "done" at the end of the day. 
  • MollyandD said:
    For EDD 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, & 5/26

How far along are you?
    8 wks
    How big is baby?
    Raspberry
    Nope
    So tired
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    There's a lot of professionals on this thread!
    I'm currently an environmental scientist, reclaiming old wellsites. Love my job, hate my company. The money is good though. 

I have a green thumb and would love to grow everything and anything. Once I win the lottery, it's hobby farming all the way!
  • roper2617roper2617 member
    edited October 2016
    How far along are you?
    11 weeks! (Though technically 11+1 because I'm a day late posting!)

How big is baby?
    A lime or also a fig! 

We had our viability u/s on 10/13 and Im so happy to share that LO is doing great!! Measuring one day ahead and it was so amazing to watch him/her moving and grooving in there! We even got a pic of him/her waving. We are so incredibly relieved 

No new symptoms but I'm starting to feel better! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    We are just so relieved that this one is growing well and seems to be in it for the long haul! The ultrasound did wonders to ease my pgal brain 

Hmm. I'm not really sure tbh. I can't picture myself in a different career at all. 

Edit: spelling
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17