February 2017 Moms
Options

new member saying hi

Hi all, My name is Christina and I'm new here. I'm 23 weeks, due February 6, first time pregnant. I'm one of the elderly....I'll be 39 at the time of delivery. I've been married almost 3 years and we weren't trying, but not actively preventing, and voila, here I am! I've been really lucky with an easy pregnancy thus far (cross your fingers) and I'm grateful for that. 

The baby (don't know the sex) spends a good part of the day kicking me which is an interesting sensation! I'm blaming it on all the politics I've been watching. We had the anatomy scan a couple weeks back and all is well. I'm really excited to be a mom, but not particularly interested in "baby things" or debating parenting styles or breast feeding. I like to live and let live and don't presume that what's best for me is best for anyone else.

I have typical annoying in-laws and a wonderful supportive husband. I'm an aunt 5 times over and have amazing parents and siblings. I'm looking forward to getting to know this group and making friends. 
welcoming our ewok 2/6/17

Re: new member saying hi

• Options
    thanks i'll check those out
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome. This would be a fantastic addition to the "Intros" thread. Also, definitely +1 to the "Read this first" thread. 

You will find lots of snark and realistic replies here, not a lot of smoke blowing. As long as you are prepared to handle that you should be fine.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    cruffino said:
    thank you, i'll add this to the intro thread. please bring the snark! the only sugar coating i like is the one i can eat. 
    I think you may do well here. 
    Our random thread is great if you want to contribute regularly, and we have some pretty fun convos. 
  • Options
    thank you i'll check that out. would you suggest checking out any of the other Bump boards? its not clear to me which ones get traffic, and are worth contributing to/getting good info from. 
  • Options
    Oh, how do you feel about pumpkin spice and blow jobs? 
    1) pumpkins i like, pumpkin spice...meh 
    2) blowjobs have always been a favorite, even more so now with these 2nd trimester hormones
  • Options
    cruffino said:
    thank you i'll check that out. would you suggest checking out any of the other Bump boards? its not clear to me which ones get traffic, and are worth contributing to/getting good info from. 
    No. They all suck except for us. 
    Jk. Kinda...
    good to know! i was on the knot when i was planning my wedding and always got a kick out of the etiquette fights. i was thinking some of those still exist on the baby shower board. bring the popcorn. 
  • Options
    Why can't all newbs be like you? Welcome!

• Options
    I like you!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    Welcome, sounds like you'll be just fine here.   Glad to have another elderly mom.  . . I just read somewhere that it is geriatric pregnancy instead of advanced maternal age?  I will still  be 38 when this little one is born.  It is my 4th though, but was a surprise.

Welcome to F17!
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cruffino said:
    2) blowjobs have always been a favorite, even more so now with these 2nd trimester hormones
    Ohhhh girl you can sit with us. 
  • Options
    Partyof6? said:
    Welcome, sounds like you'll be just fine here.   Glad to have another elderly mom.  . . I just read somewhere that it is geriatric pregnancy instead of advanced maternal age?  I will still  be 38 when this little one is born.  It is my 4th though, but was a surprise.

Welcome to F17!
    Ugh! "Geriatric pregnancy" sounds worse! (I just turned 39). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Partyof6? said:
    I just read somewhere that it is geriatric pregnancy instead of advanced maternal age? 
    I think i'm going to be sick.  

• Options
    My favorite terminology comes from my online health record: elderly primigravida.
    Sigh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't seen geriatric pregnancy used in a maternal record yet, nor is it in the ICD 10 classification? But elderly (primi) or (multi) gravidum is the terminology used for a woman over the age of 35 at the time of delivery 
  • Options
    Was just going to chime in with what @lap018 said.  Elderly multigravida here, welcome to the club!

• Options
    Yay, another elderly mom! :) Ancient moms are the coolest moms. Welcome! 
  • Options
    AfKash said:
    Why can't all newbs be like you? Welcome!
    why thank you! happy to be here.
  • Options
    I like you!
    thank you! *blushing*
  • Options
    Partyof6? said:

Welcome to F17!
    yes, i think you're right re: geriatric vs. elderly. congrats on your 4th!
  • Options
    cruffino said:
    Ohhhh girl you can sit with us. 
    i hope there's room on the bench. i'm getting more rotund by the minute. 
  • Options
    Hiiiiii & welcome! Feel free to jump right into the weekly randoms thread :) 
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Yay, another elderly mom! :) Ancient moms are the coolest moms. Welcome! 
    We so are. Walkers and all.   :)
     @Partyof6? one of the docs in the OB practice I go to used that phrase once. Once. (I threw such shade she quickly corrected herself and said AMA from then on.) 

Welcome, @cruffino
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17