September 2015 Moms
Options

Ntnp

I haven't been on here for awhile! Wow, there are lots of you that are pregnant again. I have baby fever something fierce. My husband and I are juggling a lot, but I feel so ready for #3. I was not ready for my first for almost three years after he was born so this kinda took me by surprise. My DH wants more but is hesitant to start actively trying. We are thinking about ntnp with the rhythm method. This opens the door for a happy accident until we are ready to ttc. We were thinking about using the rhythm method until the start of 2017 and then ttc. I drive myself crazy trying for dd2 last time so I want to avoid that pressure and money spent on negative tests each month. Has anyone else done this? Am I crazy??? 

Re: Ntnp

• Options
    I don't know if you're crazy but I've had a few friends who've concieved this way after a few months. My partner and I just started this whole NTNP thing and now I'm in the TWW. Wishing you luck for how everything works out!
  • Options
    NTNP for #4 ;) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited October 2016
    NTNP for #4 ;) 
    We are thinking about trying to NTNP soon. I have been reading up about tracking ovulation but my period has been crazy since after LO! I seem to start several days earlier every month than the month before. I don't think I could track my ovulation to save my life. haha So, NTNP might be my only idea to keep it not stressful. 

Eta: is NTNP just the 'if it happens it happens'? I always thought anytime you are having sex without protection you are trying. Lol 
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    NTNP for #4 ;) 
    We are thinking about trying to NTNP soon. I have been reading up about tracking ovulation but my period has been crazy since after LO! I seem to start several days earlier every month than the month before. I don't think I could track my ovulation to save my life. haha So, NTNP might be my only idea to keep it not stressful. 

Eta: is NTNP just the 'if it happens it happens'? I always thought anytime you are having sex without protection you are trying. Lol 
    NTNP = Not trying, not preventing. Track your period with a free app (I use Period Diary) or if you want to start TTC, use an ovalutation app like Fertility Friend. Good luck, ladies! 
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    NTNP for #4 ;) 

NTNP = Not trying, not preventing. Track your period with a free app (I use Period Diary) or if you want to start TTC, use an ovalutation app like Fertility Friend. Good luck, ladies! 
    Thanks! Iactually knew what it stood for, lol, but I was wondering if it's the 'if it happens it happens'? I was just saying anytime you are putting the 'P in the V without protection' it's trying?! Right? 
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    LoveLee85 said:
    LoveLee85 said:
    NTNP for #4 ;) 

Thanks! Iactually knew what it stood for, lol, but I was wondering if it's the 'if it happens it happens'? I was just saying anytime you are putting the 'P in the V without protection' it's trying?! Right? 
    Definitely, anything can happen. ;) But if you're actively  tracking your ovulation then you would be TTC. 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 I totally know what you mean! I had a friend tell me they accidentally got pregnant after not using condoms for a couple months and I was like'...accidentally?' But know my partner and I did the same thing. I know when I ovulate and I know there's a pretty good chance I'll get pregnant. We both do, and we've talked about it and we'll be happy about it but we're just not ready to call it trying. This is the only month we're NTNP though so that does shade things a bit for us.
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 I totally know what you mean! I had a friend tell me they accidentally got pregnant after not using condoms for a couple months and I was like'...accidentally?' But know my partner and I did the same thing. I know when I ovulate and I know there's a pretty good chance I'll get pregnant. We both do, and we've talked about it and we'll be happy about it but we're just not ready to call it trying. This is the only month we're NTNP though so that does shade things a bit for us.
    Thank you. I am happy you and PinkPrincessPiper took me the right way. I wasn't trying to be snarky, just kinda confused! LOL So, when you start tracking ovulation it's more active trying! I get that. DH and I would like to possibly have another, not sure when? I'm going to try the period tracker app mentioned above because ever since LO was born, my periods are a whole new monster! It never comes on a certain day. Now it's constantly 3-6 days before the start of the month before. So I guess that means my cycles are shorter? I really hope it levels out. It use to be the same day every month for YEARS. I took that for granted!!! I miss it.