1st Trimester
Options

Another faint line thats not getting darker, but lots of symptoms

ladycroft12ladycroft12 member
edited October 2016 in 1st Trimester
I took a pregnancy test a week ago and got a very faint positive.  I used the cheap strips (that I wish I never ordered bc I am now obsessed).  I also did a Clear Blue Easy Digital which showed positive 1-2 weeks.  My fear is that it could be chemical bc the line is staying faint.  It is not getting any darker or lighter and Im testing every morning with FMU.  I am having a lot of symptoms though.  My boobs are very sore and I am having lots of night sweats.  Has anyone else had a consistent faint line for over a week?  I am having blood work done this week but am so nervous.  I appreciate you ladies on this forum so so much.  

Re: Another faint line thats not getting darker, but lots of symptoms

• Options
    I've always been told a line is a line, it doesn't matter how light or dark the line appears.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    The line color is determined by how much dye that particular test has, not your hcg levels. 
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like PPs said - a line is a line. If you are turning a line, no matter the faintness, you are pregnant at this time. The darkness of the line is only indicative of the amount of dye in your test.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Never go by the color of the line.  I as a joke took a pregnancy test when I was 25 wks pregnant with my son and got a super faint line!!!! like PP have said a line is a line and the darkness of it doesn't tell you how pregnant you are.  The only thing that can give you those types of answers are beta blood tests.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your reply.  I actually started bleeding last night a little and more this morning.  It seems to have just stopped along with all cramping.  I did go to get my blood drawn this morning so tomorrow I will get a base line.  Hopefully by the end of the week I will know what is going on.  Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Just an update, I got my blood results back and my level is a 5.  Obviously another chemical pregnancy.  Since a started bleeding lightly a couple days ago I assumed this would be the outcome but it is now confirmed.  Will keep on trying.  Funny thing isI took another of the cheap stick tests this morning and it still came up with an ever so faint line.  For me the lesson is that I am going to stop testing so darn early, and only use the digital test.  Im too obsessive to use the cheapie strip test.  Thanks for everyones support and hopefully next month will be a better one.
  • Options
    @ladycroft12 I'm sorry that you're going through this again. FX for you next month!

(also, most HPTs are sensitive to an HCG level of about 5, so that's probably why you were still able to turn a test)
  • Options
    dinofreakdinofreak member
    edited January 2017
    Good luck