June 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In Week of Oct. 10

The weekly PGAL (pregnant after loss) check-in is for moms who have been through previous loss. Let's get through this together. 

Introduce yourself if you haven't yet.

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes

GTKY: Do you have any pets? Feel free to tell of about them and share pictures if you'd like. :)
Me: 28 Husband: 31
TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In Week of Oct. 10

• Options
    I have, but for those who are new.. I had a MMC back in May at a little over 7 weeks. Our first US kind of prepared me because baby's HR was low. When I went back a week later the heart had stopped beating and I had a D&C. 

How far along are you? 5 weeks 3 days

How are you doing? Doing well. I'm feeling so confident that this one is going to stick, so I'll be in for major devastation if it doesn't look good at our ultrasound.

When is your next appointment? 10/19 at 6 weeks 5 days for the first ultrasound. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: The weather has been so gorgeous that I've been able to take my dog for around 2 hours of walks per day and I love it. I'm hoping the Texas heat is gone until next summer. 

GTKY: Do you have any pets? Feel free to tell of about them and share pictures if you'd like
    Yes. I have a rescue pup and he is amazing. He's around 6 years old now and I'm not exactly sure what he is but some kind of lab/boxer/pit/great Dane? Mix. He's almost 100lbs. We did DNA testing on him and it came back that he was Australian Shepherd and Corgi... so I'm not recommending spending the $70 to try one if anyone is ever tempted. We want to get a second dog, but keep talking ourselves out of it just because we travel quite a bit and boarding expenses would be high. But maybe someday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Introduce yourself if you haven't yet. Heather, fourth time being pregnant. I have two sons at home. My first pregnancy ended in a blighted ovum, so I'm still pretty anxious about this babe.

How far along are you? Somewhere around 7 weeks. LMP was 8-22, but I have 34 day cycles. 

How are you doing? I'm doing better this week. Nausea hit full force at six weeks and that helped with my anxiety.

When is your next appointment? Tomorrow morning is my first ultrasound. 8:10 EST.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: praying for a healthy baby tomorrow.

GTKY: Do you have any pets? Feel free to tell of about them and share pictures if you'd like.

one dog, a Sheltie, and two cats that we refer to as "the bitches" 
  • Options

I've introduced myself in general, but not on here :) I had a loss last summer that was discovered at my 12 week ultrasound. That's the first time we were going to hear the heartbeat/see the baby and we found out that it hadn't progressed past 8 weeks.

How far along are you? 

4 weeks, 4 days

How are you doing? 

I'm trying to be positive, but I'm still really worried. I have some mild symptoms, but I don't worry about those too much. My first pregnancy (with my DD) and my loss both operated similarly with few symptoms to start. 

Not until 11/3 at 8 weeks.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    I hate how long I have to wait for my ultrasound! I just want a little bit of confirmation that there's a baby in there before I'm 3 months in. BUT I do have a good feeling about this one and I'm trying to hold on to that.

GTKY: Do you have any pets? Feel free to tell of about them and share pictures if you'd like

I have two dogs. Maybe is a 6 year old pitbull chihuahua mix and the sweetest dog ever. Piper is a Shepherd mix. She's only 9 months and is a real handful. I'm hoping she really calms down in the next few months :)
  • Options
    @a2003tiger your dogs are adorable!!! 
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    edited October 2016
    Hi! I replied on the last PGAL check-in but didn't make my own post since it was already almost a week old before I saw it. I have 2 boys, 4 and 2 years old, and I had a mc at 8 weeks in January.

I am 4 weeks, 6 days

I'm doing well, except I feel like I have  uti, so I'm super uncomfortable. Dip was negative at the drs today, so they sent out the sample. She was like "this could be just the pregnancy ".... ugh. SO uncomfortable!

we finally told our parents yesterday and this morning! We have told our families right away with our last three pregnancies, but my husband wanted to wait because of the mc. I felt like the fact that we weren't telling anybody was just expecting something to go wrong, so we decided to tell our parents. 

"Confirmation of pregnancy " appointment next Thursday

No pets

edited to correct autocorrect 
  • Options

@MKRLTX We have thought about getting a second dog, too, but keep talking ourselves out of it!

@heath313 Isn’t it weird to be glad to be nauseous?  I totally get it, though!

@a2003tiger Glad your numbers are tripling!  Also, your dogs are so cute!

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/
  • Options
    @mrlight The bottom photo of him with the book smiling is absolutely adorable. I love it. 
    And welcome! That's really awesome that the nurses were all so supportive and excited for you. 
  • Options
    @heath313 Keep us updated with how tomorrow goes.  Exciting times and we will all be thinking about you! 

@mrlight I too, feel like if I can just get through the next couple of weeks that I'll be fine.  The pregnancy journey can be anxiety ridden one for some of us.  Also, I love your pup!  We had a Chief for the first 5 years my husband and I were together - his dog first.
  • Options
    @MKRLTX and @HookEmNelson Thank you!  He's spoiled rotten, but he's the best!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Introduce yourself if you haven't yet.  For those who are new - My name is April and I have a 5 year old son.  My husband and I have been trying since November with 2 miscarriages in between.  My last in July was a very early CP. 

How far along are you?  According to my LMP, I am 5w5d

How are you doing?  I am doing well.  Have my boughts of nausea and fatigue.  Happy to have doubling betas and my doctor catching that I need to be on progesterone - low progesterone was the thought of why my first miscarriage happened in November.

When is your next appointment?  My next appt. is November 8th.  

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Feeling pregnant is great.  Bring on all of the symptoms.

We currently do not have any pets.  My husband and I are still grieving that our last pup passed away.  When we started dating, we had 3 dogs together.  I am looking forward to the day that we are ready to adopt another 4 legged family member.
  • Options
    How far along: 6w2d

How are you doing:  Haning in there.  My loss date wasn't until 12 weeks last time so I feel like it is such a long time away to get past it.  I am trying to just keep it day by day but it is hard sometimes.

Next Appointmet:  My first appt with viability ultrasound is October 26

Rants/Raves/Positive Vibes:  Just trying to embrace any little symptom I have right now

Pets:  We have two dogs a pit and a pit mix.  Kane is 9 and Lola is 6.  I will attach a picture of Kane with a balloon because it is really funny how it looks like he is holding it.  

Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options

Hi everyone!! I posted last week but DH and I first got pregnant in May 2014 which ended between 7-8 weeks. Pregnant again in October 2014 with sweet now 15 month old baby boy! Pregnant in August that ended quickly the beginning of Sept and now here we are ... fingers crossed to stay! 

How far along are you?

I'm around 4 weeks 3 or 4 days. I had a miscarriage the beginning of September as well so we are not 100% sure.

How are you doing?

Symptoms come and go but mainly just enough to make me worry! My 2nd (successful) pregnancy was so different. 

Welp, thought my appt was today but went only to find out it's tomorrow! Unfortunately I have to cancel my own patients for appts so as of right now I have no appt ... hopefully I can call tomorrow am and R/S for another time. Hormone brain!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:
    I'm just grateful for this work day to be over! Whew, bring on Tuesday! 

We have 1 dog - a Siberian husky! She is crazy but we love her!!
  • Options
    I have a 6 and 4 yo boy and a 22mo girl. I miscarried between #2 and #3 at almost 7 weeks. If that baby had made it s/he'd be turning 2 this week.

How far along are you?

4w3d

How are you doing?

I don't feel pregnant but I'm optimistic.

Haven't called my mw yet.

Rant/Rave/Positive 
    I am anxiously awaiting some symptoms. I want to feel first tri shitty at least til I see a strong heartbeat. I had barely any symptoms in my m/c pregnancy.

GTKY: Do you have any pets? Feel free to tell of about them and share pictures if you'd like.
    We have 1 cuddly beast of a cat, Linus.
  • Options
    @Fsunole31 I love this picture of your dog with the balloon! Too cute! 

@Sgreen19 Your dogs are so sweet looking! 

@Turbotastic thank you! 

@bbbee414 I hope you are able to get an appointment soon! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 6w1d

How are you doing? Counting down to my first Ultrasound next Monday!  I have a birthday trip this weekend to keep my mind busy.  

When is your next appointment? Monday Oct 17 with the nurse then an ultrasound. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I have a cold from hell which makes me a very grumpy Mom.  I'm hoping I'm better by Thursday when we leave. 

I have a miniature Australian shepherd named Lola.  She is 5 years old.  She's a smar dog and haut gorgeous.  I feel bad that she doesn't get as much attention or play time now that we have kiddos but she is so good with the kids! 
  • Options
    I'm Sara. I have a 7yo DD, 5yo DS and 2yo DD. We had early losses in March and in May.

How far along are you? 
    4+4

How are you doing? 
    I'm trying to stay positive. Nothing has happened this time that did with our losses (I had spotting before and after BFPs with them) and I have been testing every couple days to watch the lines get darker. Besides being totally drained and some super light cramping every once in a while, I have no other symptoms yet. So that makes it hard to be positive, but once I start to "feel" pregnant, it will be a lot easier

I go for my initial appointment for blood work and such on the 26th, first actual OB appointment is Nov. 4th.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    I'm having a really hard time keeping this from my mom! She is at my house every day and knows we've been trying and what we've dealt with. I don't want to tell her without my dad though, so I'm trying to keep it quiet! Plus we have this super cute announcement planned for Christmas!

We have a 9yo dachshund named Daisy. We adopted her last summer. She drives me nuts, but my kids love her lol so that's what counts
  • Options
    Yailani23Yailani23 member
    edited October 2016

How far along are you? 5w5d

How are you doing? Fairly well, all day nausea started a couple days ago. I'm a little excited for it, as I'm hoping it means good things.

When is your next appointment? 10/17 I will be 6w5d

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm trying stay positive.

My brother has a 13 year old poodle named Cookie. I've kind of taken her as mine as well. We got her in 2003 and I'm so sad she's so old! DD loves to play with her and I can't imagine what it'll be like once Cookie passes! 

ETA: Sorry if the images are huge, I'm mobile at the moment.

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Options

Hi, I'm sm05, and I'm 39. I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks back in August. I'm cautiously excited to be pregnant again. 

How far along are you? 

4 weeks, 1 day. 
    How are you doing? 
    Okay--I feel nervous about this pregnancy, yet also hopeful. This will be my first baby. 

Right now it's November 3rd, but I'm playing phone tag with nurses, trying to get some earlier testing done. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes

I have two friends who are pregnant--one who is 13 weeks and just announced it, and another who is due in December. I really hope this little bean sticks so that I can have a viable pregnancy, too. Hopefully I'll be in touch with a nurse today. 

GTKY: Do you have any pets? Feel free to tell of about them and share pictures if you'd like. :)

Yes! We have a fat orange tabby who we love very much. She doesn't react well to strangers, though--here's hoping she warms up quickly to the baby!

• Options

@sjohns08 You’re waiting until Christmas to announce?!  You must have the patience of a saint.

@sm05 I hope you are able to get in touch with a nurse soon!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @sjohns08 - WOW!  Christmas!!??  I thought I was pushing it waiting until our early (we have to do it early so everyone can make it) Thanksgiving HA!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    6w5d

How are you doing? 
    I am ok...exhaustion is very real. And nausea has been mild but has just been making me more tired. The only thing I seem to want to eat is carbs...which makes it tough because I am usually a healthy eater and hardly eat starchy things on a normal basis.

10/20...blood work and US

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    I lost my first pregnancy as 9 weeks...MMC diagnosed at my 12 week apt. My anxiety has been pretty low about the upcoming appointment, but now that we are getting closer to it I am getting more anxious. I can't help but to just expect the worst so I am less shocked if I do MC again...

We have a very large yorkie! He is 18 lbs...not fat but just over grown :smile: We call him the "King of Yorkies". His name is Fantik (it's Russian) and he is 4 years old. He's a lot of fun.
    Me: 28  DH: 30
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
    BFP #1 1/14/16, MC 3/23/16
    BFP #2 9/21/2016, EDD 5/30/2017
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Poppy.  This is our second pregnancy.  We had a baby girl 7/27/2015 (so she's 14 months now and will be 22month when this one is born).  We had back to back miscarriages in April and May.  No good reason why.  We had three miscarriages before we conceived our baby girl.  It's the most frustrating thing ever (especially when everyone around you is just popping out kids even if they're not trying), and we are so thankful and blessed to be pregnant again.    I'm 41, to be 42 in December, so my guess is that it has something to do with our aging eggs and sperm.    Praying that this one is as healthy and happy as our first child.

How far along are you? 
    6 weeks 2 days

How are you doing? 
    Terribly nauseas all day long and very tired in the evenings.  Having some other aches and pains, which keep me hoping that everything is ok.  The fact that I have morning sickness is a good sign.  Just wish it wasn't so bad.

10/24 and I can hardly wait.  I can't wait to hear the heartbeat and just have it confirmed.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    Rant:  Morning sickness sucks!  Rave: My 14 month old is getting new words everyday.  Positive vibes: none yet.

We have two kitty cats -- Bailey and Guiness.  They are seal point rag falls and absolutely adorable.  My DD loves to pull their tales and pet them while they are eating.  The cats hate it, but bear with her.  She babbles to them and tells them how to eat.  It's pretty cute.  Attempting to post pictures, but I think my files are too large.
  • Options
    mrlight said:

@sm05 I hope you are able to get in touch with a nurse soon!

Thanks @mrlight! I got in touch with one today and had my first draw to check hcg levels; second draw will be Thursday. If all looks well, I'll schedule an US before 11/3.

Crossing my fingers for everyone here for some good news!
  • Options
    Hey. Im Liz, 30, DH is 32. First LO. Tested early, and got faint positives that got darker today. TW**My only other pregnancy was confirmed mc at 11 weeks, but look like it actually ended at 6 weeks.**

How far along are you? 
    4 weeks 2 days

How are you doing? 
    Calm fear is the feeling I'm going with.

I scheduled an appointment as soon as got the faint positive for Oct 27. I'm not doing blood tests til then.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm ticked off that I'm not more excited for this pregnancy. I was afraid to tell my husband, but did in a more doom and gloom way than I'd liked to, and now I'm trying to just not ignore the fact that I'm pregnant (as much as one can) until my second trimester. 

We have fish. I was super impressed with my fish skills when I had to go out to buy a new aquarium light bulb this weekend. I've had my fish tank (not all the original fish, but continuously) for about 3 years!
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    c1tym0m22c1tym0m22 member
    edited October 2016
    I'm Lisa - tested yesterday (10 dpo) and was super surprised to have a faint positive given that I had a chemical pregnancy last month. My ob had said it was fine to try again immediately, so glad we took his advice!

How far along are you? 
    I ovulate late, so somewhere between 3w4d and 4w2d depending upon how you count

How are you doing? 
    Pretty surprised. With my BFP last month, I started spotting the same day I got the BFP - so definitely worried that's going to happen again.

2 weeks from tomorrow

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I've needed to pee every hour today. No idea if it's the change in weather or early pregnancy, but it was quite a change.

I have a 2 year old. That's enough for me :smile:
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    @semicolon I know that "I'm so sorry for your loss" doesn't go too far but that's all I've got because words fail me for your story. The heartbreak you have experienced is something you should have never known and I am so sorry you don't have your son today. My thoughts and prayers will definitely be with you for the next 9 months!!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options

@sm05 FX your second draw goes well!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Turbotastic I'm sorry about the bleeding. That has to be terrifying! But awww I'm glad baby seems to be doing well and is measuring perfectly. And you got to hear a heartbeat! That's amazing! <3
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Turbotastic That is definitely scary, but such great news that you were able to see your baby measuring correctly and a normal heart rate. 
    How closely are they going to monitor you now? 
  • Options
    bornmommybornmommy member
    edited October 2016
    @NamelessAria - Thank you!  Definitely a lot of good news with slight warning.  DH reminded me that my "normal pregnancies" are not like everyone else's "normal pregnancies" (or at least they seem not to be - since I bled throughout first tri with my other two.)  Weird thing is that the tech said she saw a bleed in my ute and then didn't translate that to my MW so thats a mystery... I'm still staying optimistic!  

@MKRLTX - I will have a follow up u/s next week and I'm assuming the monitoring will boil down my bleeding.  If I stop, I'd expect I wouldn't have another follow up after next week. If it continues, they might want another one after that.   I had sonos every week in the first tri with my first because I had lots of bleeding and they couldn't see why (turned out to be marginal placenta previa.) With my second I had soooo many.  In the first tri it was due to bleeding, diagnosed at 9 weeks as a sub chronic hemorrhage and then again in the third tri for growth u/s because he only had a two vessel cord.  (More than you asked for but I'm no stranger to u/s HA!  I did wish this pregnancy was different though and hopeful after this mess, it will be!)

ETA added comment   

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    @Turbotastic Well I'm sorry you're dealing with some uncertainty, but it does help a little maybe that you've been through this before with healthy viable pregnancies. I'll be thinking of you and I hope the bleeding just stops so you don't have to worry. 
  • Options
    @MKRLTX - Thank you. My hopes as well.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy