October 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

*American lady living in Tanzania.
DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh @bnsmith85 I feel your pain.  I am working on my day off today because the "I might go into labor at any minute and I am no where near ready at work" panic is setting in.  But, of course, I can't log into my system from home because according to IT, "all systems are down with no ETA on when they will be back up."  So much for trying to be productive....

But my real bitchfest is the same as all of you lovely ladies.  I am SO MISERABLE.  I just feel so big that no position is comfortable anymore.  And the crazy stabbing pains, inner groin pain, random movements and then lackthereof are driving me nuts.  And I still have 2.5 weeks left!  I feel you ladies that are overdue - I delivered by DD 10 days late and I am having nightmares of that happening again.  I don't know if I can make it!  Rant over...
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Also, my friend who is an L&D nurse just told me she doesn't think he's gonna come til the 20th (10 days overdue). I told her she's not allowed to change her guess at this point and for some reason her new guess just pisses me off. Ugh. I think it's because she's not ever been pregnant so she doesn't understand how miserable/excited/frustrated/nervous I am, no matter how many babies she's helped deliver. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87 Umm... that would piss me off too! I'm sorry, but being a L&D nurse does not make you a psychic. No one can predict childbirth. 

My H's friend "thinks" I'm having this baby on 10/27 and I'm due 10/20. I got irrationally angry at him. His reasoning is that 10/27 is his moms b-day. Que eye roll. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I'm still pregnant.  :s
  • My MBF is today is our anniversary and I wasn't able to get anything for husband due to LO coming a 3 weeks early (today was also her due date). I hate not being able to drive and I'm one of those people that love to give gifts, but trying to plan anything with a newborn as a FTM is just not happening. I know he doesn't expect anything, but it's our first anniversary and I feel like I dropped the ball. 
  • Hopping on the annoying birth prediction train! I am 37 weeks today, and already sick of people asking how I'm feeling/when the baby is coming. SIGH. Especially when it's people who haven't bothered to reach out in a long time and suddenly think they're entitled to know the state of my uterus. I swear, from now on, every person who asks for a baby update goes to the bottom of the call list ... Physically, I feel like I can manage the next few weeks. But mentally, they are gonna draaaaaaaaaggggg. 
  • Oh and I really freaking hate stink bugs!!! When I was in my apt we didn't have to deal with them because we were in town and now we are nestled against the woods and they are freaking everywhere. They are ugly, stupid and smell. No redeeming qualities!!
  • edited October 2016
    I bought a bag of Starbursts, only for the pink and oranges ones and in the entire $3 bag I only had 3 pink ones. I'm so not happy. Oh but I have like 20 yellows ones! Yuck!

I don't know what else to bitch about, since it's usually the same lately. I'm tried, I feel like a whale, I'm over working, I'm uncomfy, I'm ready for my son to be in my arms, these last few weeks have dragged, but I have another LONG 2 weeks yet. And I feel bad bitching because there are those who are due before me, who don't have their babies yet either.  :/

I'm in rear form today. Very crabby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @nataliemaephotography funny, my due date (Weds) is me and H's anniversary too! I'm hoping she'll show up today, tomorrow or Thursday though. I haven't bought H anything yet either, whoops! It's really snuck up on me this year since I've been so focused on having baby.

+1 for my BF being pregnant still and the daily texts from people annoying the crap out of me. Everyone asks how I'm feeling and each day I tell them same ol same ol, nothing new to report. I know I shouldn't complain that people are excited and care to check in, but yeaaaa.
  • @MRSCORKER I'm with you on all the texts. I'm pretty sure I'll let people know once he is here! My MIL's texts are especially driving me nuts. Last night at dinner she thought I looked pale so today she asks how I am because she was worried about me. How about I just didn't put on make up yesterday and I stopped tanning in July? Ugh people and their questions. Especially MILs. 
  • I am over working!! They have me here until my due date but I told my boss my goal is to  make it through the 21st. That still seems like forever...........
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh yea, I forgot to mention not only am I at work until I go into labor, DH is at home on paternity leave. :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
  • @MRSCORKER My grandfather would text me at the crack of dawn every single day we spent at the NICU "Update please Ally." Despite me telling him I would let him know just as soon as WE heard something. Everytime he messaged me we hadn't even seen the doctor yet... Not that I didn't appreciate the concern, but damn. 
  • +1 with being annoyed by the "how are you feeling" "any news?" texts. I just  want to wait my baby out in peace. I feel like everyone is watching me.
  • @ignoscemihi that could have been written about my FI.
  • F47F47 member
    @spaceburger how does that happen...????? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @AllyTheKid  @F47  RIGHT?????? I'm just so annoyed. 

• @ignoscemihi In our house I cook and husband does dishes. I don't actually like cooking (but neither does he like doing dishes). I'm pretty sure he thinks the way you do, though. He is always agog at how many dishes I've dirtied... even though I really do try to minimize it as much as possible. I always feel *terrible* if, for example, I start using a small bowl and realize that I need a bigger bowl and get two dirty instead of one.

• @SpaceBurger That's just not ok!! 
  • @ibabyloveb87 ... The "you look sick" comments when you just haven't put on make up INFURIATE me! Ummm... No, I'm not sick. But thanks for letting me know you think I look like shit unless I paint my face up with all my make up. Much appreciated.

@SpaceBurger .. That's just not right!
  • @MRSCORKER... I was JUST texting with NicholeL16 today about how, because I work from home I feel so judged when the UPS man makes a 2pm delivery and I'm still in PJ's. It's hilarious l, really.....And how much worse it's going to be once Ella is here. I'll probably answer the door with one boob half out and without a shower for multiple days. Whatever... As Nichole said, were keeping a tiny human alive at that point. We're excused. 
  • My MBF is once again pertaining to my MIL. 
    She informed my H at turkey dinner tonight that she was coming Wednesday morning to the hospital at 8 and waiting in the waiting room until the baby comes out. My c section is scheduled for 8 that day. She will be effing lucky to see the baby before noon and over my dead body will she see my baby before I'm back from recovery. I've threatened H with his life she can sit there, but it's likely gonna be noon before in ready to even consider the possibility of sharing my baby cuddles. Also I am not breastfeeding and trying to do skin to skin while she is there and furthermore I want my girls to see the baby before she does cause it is THEIR sibling. 
    Like WTF is wrong with her? Anyone want to take a crack at it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @Schell2013 Yeah, I told my family that they're welcome to come sit in the lobby but to bring a book because it will be a long boring wait and I'm not sending my H out to update them every 10 minutes so they might as well just go about their days and come up when we're ready for visitors. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @NicholeL16 I know what you mean about space. I have c sections and the last thing I feel like is having to visit and share my baby while coming out of anesthetic and am sore. The second day in the hospital I don't mind a somewhat free for all cause then I don't feel bad saying no when we get home but when I'm only a few hours post delivery people need to EFF the hell off. 
    I agree @MRSCORKER I don't know why you would want to sit in a lame waiting room for hours on end. Like wouldn't staying home or staying busy be less torture on yourself. My MIL claimed it was 2 hours after DD2 was born before she got a text. I mean no shit, she was a stuck beech delivery, I was a really really frigging long time in the OR after plus a 45 minute recovery so no doubt it was a while cause she also was a somewhat difficult baby and my husband had to do skin to skin with her cause I was taking so long. So seriously it's not like we posted it on facebook and she was the last one to know. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @Schell2013 Yeah, it sounds like she needs to chill out and realize this isn't about her. She will still get to meet the baby before the general population.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16