May 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change

For those due on 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 5/29

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: what is your favorite breakfast meal?
TTC1: May 2015
Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
DD: May 1, 2017
TTC2: June 2019
CP September 2019
Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020

Re: Monday Ticker Change

• How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? A lime or a fig. 

Appointments this week? None. 

Symptoms? RLP when I sneeze, indigestion, intense hunger. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    We finally bought something "for the baby" and it's something I've wanted a long time. We bought one of those all in one kitchen machines. It's a mixing bowl, food processor, blender, juicer meat grinder, etc. I want to make the baby food myself and I needed a food processor and then we stumbled upon this with the mixer I always wanted and it was 20% off. We decided to buy it! I'm excited to open it. I'm also excited to get some space on my counter!!! 

i love French toast sticks and bacon. Mmmmm. Or almost any variety poached eggs with hollandaise sauce. 
    CP September 2019
  • @sarah0985 that sounds awesome!  I think I need to get one of those!

How far along are you? 
    7 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Blueberry!

Appointments this week? 
    Nope, one week from today is our first appointment.

Symptoms?
    Nausea on and off.  Tired but not as tired as I was with my first (from what I can remember). 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Anyone have any experience with a birth center/natural birth?  I am strongly considering a birth center for this baby but the one thing holding me back is the fear of not having an epidural available.  I loved my epidural last time and it actually sped my labor way up once I got it.  However, we've moved and I don't love the hospital choices near us now but these is a birth center that sounds really great.  I'm just wondering if I can handle it.

Oh my god I love breakfast.  It really depends on what mood I'm in (sweet or savory) but I always love pancakes, waffles, and bacon.
  • Loading the player...
  • For those due on 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 5/29

How far along are you? Eight weeks today!

How big is baby? Jelly Bean

Appointments this week? Have our first doctor's appointment Thursday! Excited, nervous. I think it'll finally feel real then.

Symptoms? Hard to tell which is a symptom and which is due to the fact that I'm sick. Awful gas! Heartburn like I've never experienced before.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Can I just sleep all day? 

GTKY: what is your favorite breakfast meal? Cereal. If I don't eat within 10 minutes of getting up I get terrible nausea. Cereal with milk is the quickest meal I can make. 
  • sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited October 2016
    @rainydays86 it was only slightly more than any standalone food processor with decent reviews so we bit the bullet. Plus it was covered all by gift certificates my husband won at work for meeting his incentives. So that helped decide. 

I love to bake so have always wanted a stand mixer. 

Have you checked if the birth center in fact doesn't do epidurals? I have heard some do. 
    CP September 2019
  • **Question below in R/R/Q**

How far along are you? 7 Weeks

How big is baby? Blueberry

Appointments this week? One week from today!!

Symptoms? I am such a Debbie downer but so far this is NOT fun. I feel just bad enough to be so annoying but none of my symptoms are severe enough that I can call the dr. I basically feel like I have a terrible hangover all. The. Time. Head is pounding, nausea, exhaustion. And the boobs. I hate to wish time away but I need a healthy u/s next week and then I want to fast forward to second tri. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? See above. Rave is that my H has been super accommodating and helpful. I do have a question- is Bonine on anyone's "MED list" from their doc? I thought it was on mine so I bought some and took it once and it made a huge difference for my nausea. Then I realized it's not on my list. But it is on the list that the clinic I did my women's health rotation for school gives their pregnant patients. So it can't be THAT bad right? I haven't taken it again but I think it would help me. 

GTKY: what is your favorite breakfast meal? Normally? Blueberry pancakes and bacon and hash browns. Lately - I've been living on ginger ale and dry cereal!
  • I'm sorry you're so sick @ShadeofGreen816! I remember two and a half years ago the morning after the superbowl I was at work and super hungover and one of the teachers who was pregnant at the time and in her first tri said something like "I bet I feel even worse than you do" and I was like "ha, yeah right."  Then two months later I was pregnant with DS and I was like "yup, totally worse because it's a hangover that DOESN'T GO AWAY." 

@sarah0985, yeah I checked, they don't.  There is the option of gas though (NO2?) which I hear can be helpful.
  • Thanks for the commiseration, @RainyDays86. I feel so terrible being like "I'm over this" because I'm genuinely so excited to become a mom, etc. But I am so done with feeling like crud all the time. Usually every day I have about 2-3 hours where I'm like, Oh, I'm a human again! And then poof! Back to my new normal. I think I'm just cranky today!
  • @shadeofgreen816 hungover is the perfect way to describe it. I found Coca Cola and graham crackers helped me a ton. I spent about 4 weeks feeling like shit. This week I finally feel like im on the up but still not feeling great. I don't know about the med. sorry. My office doesn't do a med list so I rely pretty heavily on Google. 
    CP September 2019
  • How far along are you? 
    8 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Raspberry! 

Appointments this week? 
    Nope, next appointment is in 2 weeks. 

Symptoms?
    Nausea on and off.  No motivation to do anything. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    None this week! 

I love breakfast! I've actually been craving Cracker Barrell breakfast, but there is not a single one in this state! Ugh. I love an over-easy egg with hasbrowns and bacon. But my all time favorite is my dad's chorizo, eggs and fresh tortillas! I'm going to request it multiple times when we are home for Christmas! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • I'm 9 weeks today.

Baby is the size of a jack (the little toy).

No appointments until next week.

The nausea seems to be going away, which is of course causing me to worry and squish my boobs every hour to make sure they still hurt.

No rants, raves, or questions today.

I love eggs benedict.  I'm not too worried about following the food rules this time around, but I've held back on the benedicts.  I want to eat hollandaise with a spoon.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor

How big is baby? Lime!

Appointments this week? None this week, next one is next Friday!

Symptoms? Nausea and fatigue have pretty much been gone since this time last week. Randomly threw up while I was brushing my teeth on Saturday though...no nausea leading up to it or after or anything...so weird and gross! 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rave: hubby has been SO wonderful lately and picking up my slack around the house. I'm so thankful, but it makes me feel guilty at the same time :/

GTKY: what is your favorite breakfast meal? Oh man...a full buffet like at a hotel! Hash browns, bacon, sausage, French toast, fresh fruit...I love it all so I love having all the choices :)

How big is baby? Size of a poker chip

Appointments this week? None

Symptoms? Boobs are fuller and a little sensitive, nausea off and on but pretty mild now, exhaustion, and constant headaches

Rant/Rave/Questions? DD and I went out of town this weekend to my cousin's wedding and DH stayed with DS. We came back last night to a cleaner home than what I left on Friday, which was so awesome! DH has been incredibly helpful this pregnancy. 

GTKY: what is your favorite breakfast meal? Savory: Biscuits, gravy, and sausage. Sweet: French toast. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @vrj0522 that is amazing about your H - I have serious husband envy right now.  No matter how long I leave for  - even just an hour or two - the house is always, always, significantly messier when I come back.  I don't even really understand how it is possible.
  • How far along are you? 10 weeks

How big is baby? Strawberries

Appointments this week? Not for 2 weeks 

Symptoms? Still have nausea and vomiting even with Zofran and diclegis. And I'm exhausted all the time.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm just so over the first trimester. & being sick/miserable constantly. I'm ready to start enjoying this pregnancy.

GTKY: what is your favorite breakfast meal? Eggs Benedict is my favorite
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @vrj0522 that is amazing about your H - I have serious husband envy right now.  No matter how long I leave for  - even just an hour or two - the house is always, always, significantly messier when I come back.  I don't even really understand how it is possible.
    Oh believe me, it wasn't always like this. In fact, he hardly raised a finger to help when I was pregnant with our first two kids but a few months ago we had a serious talk about him helping more at home and not letting everything fall on my shoulders and he has been pretty amazing since then. I don't think I could've handled (very well at least) a third pregnancy without his help while with two other kids at home. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• How far along are you? 
    - 7 weeks

How big is baby? 
    -blueberry

Appointments this week? 
    - First appointment is next Thursay but it feels like forever away!

Symptoms?
    - Nausea is getting worse by the day and I'm fairly confident I could sleep until the end of first tri (if not until my due date).

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    - I don't remember it being this bad with DD...how do I not remember it was only 2 years ago???

-Anything with a bagel. Carbs have been my go to recently to help with nausea. DH just bought a loaf of our favorite bakery bread. I am already looking forward to toast tomorrow morning!
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks 

How big is baby? A cherry 

Appointments this week? Finally! My first appointment is Friday. 

Symptoms? Nausea, vomiting, fatigue, pulled muscle in my side from the vomiting. Wicked fun. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Not really anything of note... very much miss just being able to lay around and watch my shows/read my books during my first pregnancy. With a 3 year old and 1 year old running around I don't even get to pee alone. 

Blueberry pancakes or waffles (preferably with wild blueberries!) with real maple syrup and really good bacon! Mmmm 
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • @geoffandjen728 not much sounds good to me but that breakfast absolutely does.
  • How far along are you?  9 Weeks!! 

How big is baby? Eastern Tailed-Blue Butterfly

Appointments this week? Nothing, although this is my first week with out one.

Symptoms? NAUSEA!!! It's getting worse not better... It used to only be in the morning, and then I would be starving/fine by second period. Now it's all day! Also nothing sounds good..

Rant/Rave/Questions? My husband and I planned a housewarming party in order to surprise everyone with our news. Of course we planned a date and I sent my parents a save the date text...bam my parents text me back that they are busy with my cousin to celebrate their son's Birthday,if I can change the date, however; my cousin also claimed the following weekend with my cousin's baby's birthday party. Sorry that's crap they can't claim two weekends. So we changed the date and told my parents, they said they might be able to make it... They are going to be pissed if they miss, it we are also planning to reveal the gender.

GTKY: what is your favorite breakfast meal?  I Love french toast!!
  • Because of the GTKY question this week, my breakfast food craving was in full effect and I therefore made breakfast for dinner! Lol
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17