Trying to Get Pregnant

Weight In / Fitness Check In 10/ 10

Goal Weight and Current Weight?

How are you feeling this week?

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week?

Any challenges you're facing this week?

How did you do with your goals last week?

GTKY: Sometimes we get stuck in a rut & make the same foods over and over. What is your favorite recipe?
Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weight In / Fitness Check In 10/ 10

• edited October 2016
    Goal Weight and Current Weight? GW: 200   CW: 215

How are you feeling this week? I'm feeling okay. Sleeping a little better at night which is a plus.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? Make up for last week lol. I had too much junk due to AF

Any challenges you're facing this week? Not snacking while watching Netflix and if I have to have a snack, I'm going to try to make popcorn or something.

How did you do with your goals last week? I didn't do as well as I wanted. AF started last week so I was craving chocolate and cookies.

GTKY: Sometimes we get stuck in a rut & make the same foods over and over. What is your favorite recipe? It's a recipe my mom made a lot when I was younger and it reminds me of her every time. It's Chicken & Broccoli casserole. DELICIOUS! If you'd like the recipe let me know.

Edited to add update
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Goal Weight and Current Weight? CW 148 1st GW 140 2nd GW 135

How are you feeling this week? Better this week than I have in a few but wish my weight was down.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? Do much better at bringing healthy filling lunches, along with healthy snacks. Fitness wise I want to go to all 3 of my boxing classes and stay the whole hour, not just 45 minutes.

Any challenges you're facing this week? Just me being lazy and possibly having to deal with all the lovely things that go with trying to get a house.

How did you do with your goals last week? n/a

GTKY: Sometimes we get stuck in a rut & make the same foods over and over. What is your favorite recipe?
    Honestly we make A LOT of the same food every week. My big go to is just crock pot shredded BBQ chicken with green beans (cooked separately)

• Loading the player...
  • @osucma

8 pounds left to meet your 1st GW!! You can do it! Can you message me your recipe for the crock pot chicken? I want to try that.

due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @SaphireSweetie88 I feel your pain. I have a total sweet tooth, especially with AF.  Also when I get bored my brain auto kicks to "I want food" so I am always trying to find healthy snack options.  I have been trying to stick with fruit but that doesn't always work. :)

@osucma Only 8 pounds! Go girl! I do better with bringing healthy foods when I prep on the weekends rather than trying to throw something together in the mornings (I am not a morning person so I am usually rushing out the door).  Good luck with the house hunt, that process can be such a pain.

Goal Weight and Current Weight? 1st GW: 175  Eventual GW: 150 (incrementally) CW: 185

How are you feeling this week? So far I am feeling good.  I have been going to yoga and generally being more active, and eating better.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? At least three classes plus long walks at least once a day.  Generally healthier eating and sticking to my meal plans.

Any challenges you're facing this week? I am recovering from a broken foot and it still bothers me depending on what workouts I am doing or how much I am on it, so I working around that.  Mostly my roadblocks are nutritional, I am an emotional eater and don't have the best self control so I am working on that.

How did you do with your goals last week? I didn't really set any...I was slacking

GTKY: Sometimes we get stuck in a rut & make the same foods over and over. What is your favorite recipe?  I am an emotional eater so my "favorite" varies based on my mood.  Right now it is starting to get cold here and I am craving a good chili.  I have an amazing white chicken chili but it is not very healthy so I am going to attempt to slim it down.

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• @Sglen3

I am sorry to hear about your foot. I was suprised that I actually lost weight since I was craving (and giving into them) chocolate and cookies. I was pleasantly surprised that I lost 2 pounds this week. If you manage to adjust your chili recipe let me know. I'm not a huge chili fan but DH is so it would be nice to make it for him.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm very impressed to read everyone's progress (and recipes!) despite facing individual challenges, here's hoping for some of that same success.

CW: 73kg, which google tells me in 161lbs, CGW: 68kg/150lbs, GW: 60kg/132 lbs. Gosh, that looks monumental in pounds, perhaps more motivating than slow moving kg!

Pretty exhausted and sniffly, as I'm just getting over a bout of flu but otherwise pretty good.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? Gym this weekend if I'm feeling better, eating less in the meantime (aiming for around a very roughly calculated 1400 kcals per day).

Any challenges you're facing this week? Not being able to go to the gym as much as I would like but hopefully I'll be on the mend soon. Eating wise I'd be better if DH didn't buy so much chocolate, but I'm not exactly telling him to stop ;)

How did you do with your goals last week? Pretty good with my unofficial goals - let's see whether the accountability here helps for next week!

GTKY: Sometimes we get stuck in a rut & make the same foods over and over. What is your favorite recipe? My fave comfort food is creme fraiche smoked salmon pasta, but salmon is pricey, so spicy lentil soup is my most frequently made favourite. @SaphireSweetie88 chicken and broccoli casserole sounds amazing, I'd be very interested in a recipe if you're happy to share?
    Me: 27 DH: 25
    Together: 08/08
    Married: 08/14
    TTC#1: 04/16
  • I'm very impressed to read everyone's progress (and recipes!) despite facing individual challenges, here's hoping for some of that same success.

CW: 73kg, which google tells me in 161lbs, CGW: 68kg/150lbs, GW: 60kg/132 lbs. Gosh, that looks monumental in pounds, perhaps more motivating than slow moving kg!

Pretty exhausted and sniffly, as I'm just getting over a bout of flu but otherwise pretty good.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? Gym this weekend if I'm feeling better, eating less in the meantime (aiming for around a very roughly calculated 1400 kcals per day).

Any challenges you're facing this week? Not being able to go to the gym as much as I would like but hopefully I'll be on the mend soon. Eating wise I'd be better if DH didn't buy so much chocolate, but I'm not exactly telling him to stop ;)

How did you do with your goals last week? Pretty good with my unofficial goals - let's see whether the accountability here helps for next week!

GTKY: Sometimes we get stuck in a rut & make the same foods over and over. What is your favorite recipe? My fave comfort food is creme fraiche smoked salmon pasta, but salmon is pricey, so spicy lentil soup is my most frequently made favourite. @SaphireSweetie88 chicken and broccoli casserole sounds amazing, I'd be very interested in a recipe if you're happy to share?
    Me: 27 DH: 25
    Together: 08/08
    Married: 08/14
    TTC#1: 04/16
  • Goal Weight and Current Weight?  GW: 175 not gonna tell my current weight but I've lost 10 lbs in almost 1 month.  Still have a long way to go!

I'm feeling good.  I'm going to the gym almost every day and really making good choices food wise

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week?

Going to Zumba tonight because I'm getting sick of the cardio machines and that worries me so early in the game

Any challenges you're facing this week?

Not really - last weekend my SIL was in town and we went out to eat A LOT but I made better choices than I would have in a previous life ;)

How did you do with your goals last week?

Fabulous

I make a baked ziti with high fiber pasta, light marinara, ff ricotta and ff ground turkey.  Makes a ton and is great to freeze for leftovers/lunches during the week

Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @TinyTurtle- I will share it when I get home :)
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• New to this :)

GW is 125 and CW is 136

How are you feeling this week? I've just started my weight loss journey. So I'm feeling excited and motivated bit I'm sure that will change as it always do when I try loosing weight. 

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? Drink more water and try to get out for a walk 4 times a week. 

Any challenges you're facing this week? trying to drink that water. For some reason I'm not ever very thirsty so I don't ever drink a lot. 

How did you do with your goals last week? n/a

GTKY: Sometimes we get stuck in a rut & make the same foods over and over. What is your favorite recipe? This is a pinetrest one of found a long time ago and is so easy. In a big casserole dish out chicken breasts, potatoes and any veggie (normally green beans). Salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.  Some spoonfuls of butter. Pop in the oven at 350° for an hour. May very depending on oven. .
  • @oxCherryBlossomxo - Welcome and good luck with your weight loss / fitness journey. The recipe you shared sounds yummy!
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @oxCherryBlossomxo - Welcome and good luck with your weight loss / fitness journey. The recipe you shared sounds yummy!
    Thank you. You too! I put my back out this morning so I might be out on the fitness part for a bit. Just have to step up my eating game. 
  • 1- Goal Weight 110. Current weight.. Not sure this week because I haven't gotten on the scale. I was 131 about 2 weeks ago. (Muscles pull in a bunch of water when you lift so I don't want to get on and see the same or higher number. Even though I'd know it was from weight lifting I can't bring myself to do it.)

2- I'm feeling okay. less bloated than the past few weeks.

3- I'm trying to get to the gym as much as possible and also eat well. I had a whole lotta wine on Tuesday but other than that I e eaten well and been to the gym 3 times this week.

4- I have been working early shifts this week.. We are talking getting up at 4 am. That's always hard because I get so hungry eith being awake so many more hours- so I've had to be mindful of what/how much I'm eating.

5- goals last week were to get to the gym more. I did okay but nothing to write home about.

6- I am a big soup person. It's so easy to stick a bunch of veggies and spices into a crockpot and then when I get home from work stick a blender in there. We have like 5 different soups in our freezer right now.

@oxcherryblossomxo That chicken dish looks great!  I am a huge fan of one pot meals.  Also- what did you do to your back?
  • New here. 

(First) Goal Weight: 199. Current Weight: 222. 

How are you feeling this week? A little overwhelmed. It is really easy to make bad choices, so I am trying to figure out ways to eat delicious, satisfying, and healthy food. 

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? No fast food. 4 days of cardio, 2 days of strength. 

Any challenges you're facing this week? Fancy schmancy work dinner tonight full of carbs, alcohol, and desserts. I am going to stay on track by eating a big snack of carrots, grape tomatoes, and cucumber before the dinner starts. That way, I can avoid overeating. I will probably skip the wine and beer, too. I have to go to a lecture afterwards anyway, and I need to actually focus on the speaker.  

How did you do with your goals last week? N/A

GTKY: Sometimes we get stuck in a rut & make the same foods over and over. What is your favorite recipe? I love Bún Thịt Nướng. I use this recipe for the meat: https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-pork-banh-mi, and serve it over rice vermicelli, lettuce, bean sprouts, cilantro, and scallions. It is such an easy, satisfying, refreshing, and light dinner.
  • Goal Weight and Current Weight? in the 160s (havent gotten on a scale in a few weeks) goal 130

How are you feeling this week? Just got back from vacation, so a bit blah.  I alway seem to get sick when I come home from vacay.

Fitness and Nutrition Goals for the week? run today and tomorrow on my treadmill

Any challenges you're facing this week? just the fact that I ate really horribly on vacation, and now have to get back on track

How did you do with your goals last week? before I left for vacation I said I would run 2 days and I did, so time to do the goal again! 

GTKY: Sometimes we get stuck in a rut & make the same foods over and over. What is your favorite recipe? We make a ton of the same foods, but I do love our taco soup (its just ground turkey, beans, corn, onion, and pepper.) My DH makes most of the food, so I dont know the recipe, but its super tasty. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • 1- Goal Weight 110. Current weight.. Not sure this week because I haven't gotten on the scale. I was 131 about 2 weeks ago. (Muscles pull in a bunch of water when you lift so I don't want to get on and see the same or higher number. Even though I'd know it was from weight lifting I can't bring myself to do it.)

2- I'm feeling okay. less bloated than the past few weeks.

3- I'm trying to get to the gym as much as possible and also eat well. I had a whole lotta wine on Tuesday but other than that I e eaten well and been to the gym 3 times this week.

4- I have been working early shifts this week.. We are talking getting up at 4 am. That's always hard because I get so hungry eith being awake so many more hours- so I've had to be mindful of what/how much I'm eating.

5- goals last week were to get to the gym more. I did okay but nothing to write home about.

6- I am a big soup person. It's so easy to stick a bunch of veggies and spices into a crockpot and then when I get home from work stick a blender in there. We have like 5 different soups in our freezer right now.

@oxcherryblossomxo That chicken dish looks great!  I am a huge fan of one pot meals.  Also- what did you do to your back?
    I bent really weird when I went to go change my sons diaper and pulled a muscle. I'm feeling much better today but still very sore.  
  • Glad to see the progress we are all making. Keep up the good work and welcome to our new posters here
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @SaphireSweetie88 sorry I haven't gotten on in a few days but if I slim it down I'd be happy to share!  If I remember tomorrow ill post the original too. Congrats on losing some lbs! That is always a great feeling.

@oxCherryBlossomxo Welcome! I am sorry your back is bothering you but I hope you feel better soon.

@Redpuma119 when you are muscular seeing weight as a number on a scale can definitely be counter productive.  Are you weight lifting? 

@lboalboh Welcome! I have horrible self control so I hear you on the horrible choices thing but that is part of why Iam here.

@littlebug2010 great job on your goals last week!

Thank you to @SaphireSweetie88 for starting this thread the last few weeks (at least). I know I am using it to help myself and hold myself accountable and I look forward to sharing that journey with you ladies! 

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• Thanks @Sglen3

I look forward to hearing about your progress
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***