January 2017 Moms
Options

Stuff my SO said

2»

Re: Stuff my SO said

• Options
    @canavara My husband used to do that too (not quite all the copyright stuff) when he would read to DS (after he was born). I got a kick out of it and he has since stopped, but still reads the title page.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband just said last night that he would like to go to sleep right away while I was trying to talk to him in bed...so he could at the very least get 7 hours of sleep, which isn't the 8 hours that he always gets...

I told him to get used to not sleeping, I have. Jerk.  :p
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Husband was finally able to feel the baby moving just a few weeks ago, and the first time he felt a big movement he jumped away as if she was going to reach out and grab his hand. He was so startled! He is getting better and likes to try and feel her move, but keeps his hand ready to move and will doesn't like if i try to move his hand around or press it in more bc it makes him feel trapped LOL he gets startled every time he feels a big movement. Makes me laugh every time!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @TinaBelcher LOL!!! That's too cute!!
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @TinaBelcher is one of your babies more responsive than the other? So cute!!
  • Options
     MaryNog said:
    @TinaBelcher is one of your babies more responsive than the other? So cute!!
    Yeah A is super chill and B moves constantly, if they're not moving when H goes to feel them I just give B a poke and she usually starts dancing pretty predictably. She could be super agreeable reacting when I want or a firecracker getting pissed at the invasion to her space lol, not sure which way to think about that!  :D
  • Options
    I was sitting with DD on the couch last night talking about her day, and H goes, "You have that pregnant lady glow!"

I started laughing and I said, "What? I'm probably just sweaty." To which he replied, "No, your skin is always really nice and glow-y when you're knocked up!"

He means well, and I know he was trying to make me laugh with the knocked up comment, but it was just an odd conversation. I definitely do not feel like I'm glowing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not pregnancy related but my DH just said to me,  "Your butt is the size of a boat." And then he tried to tell me it was a compliment because "Kanye would say that to Kim!"

Um.  What? Lol
  • Options
    As I struggle to sleep every night and have multiple nights where I'm up for hours, H complains that he's tired and going to bed because he had to get up early. I'm shooting death daggers at him from my eyes. 
  • Options
    My husband is a superstitious sports fan.

Him: I'm not mad that you're getting a pedicure, I just wish you wouldn't keep my good luck baby out during the first game of the season.

Yeah? She's attached to me. 
  • Options
    Him: man am I ever looking forward to having two teenage daughters going through puberty together *giant eye roll*
    me: ya should be a blast
    him: at least you are young enough that you won't be hitting menopause at the same time, so thanks for that....

are you kidding me? 
  • Options
    At our preparing for child birth class tonight.
    instructor: women's uterus grow from about 6oz to 2 to 3 lbs of sheer muscle during pregnancy.
    DH: wow, I wish I could put on muscle like that.

Seriously?! Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Me: I feel like the largest person ever.
    H: Yeah, I feel like it's your body type that makes you look so big.
    Me: Um, what?
    H: I mean, it's because you are normally so small, err, I, uhh... there is no way I'll be able to dig myself out of this hole.

Thanks, H :)
  • Options
    Sat down on the couch and grimaced in pain. DH said "I hear ya". Cue the eye rolls. 
  • Options
    Pretty much any time "I have a headache" or "my (fill in the blank here) hurts" or "I am so tired" comes out of his mouth I see red. I'm not super sore, haven't had a lot of headaches and knock on wood because teething is happening in our house, I'm sleeping decently but any complaint is like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I am growing a human. Stop whining" 
  • Options
    The best one I can think of was when I was pushing with DD1.

DH: *holding my left leg* Man, this is really uncomfortable.

Oh my. I'm so sorry that you're uncomfortable just standing there, holding my leg up. Never mind the fact that I have a freakin' baby crowning out of my vagina. How sad for you.

I still haven't let him forget that one.
    I just actually laughed out loud at the absurdity of this. I can't even imagine.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The best one I can think of was when I was pushing with DD1.

DH: *holding my left leg* Man, this is really uncomfortable.

Oh my. I'm so sorry that you're uncomfortable just standing there, holding my leg up. Never mind the fact that I have a freakin' baby crowning out of my vagina. How sad for you.

I still haven't let him forget that one.
    Oh my gosh  :D that's like sitcom irony. Was there an audience laugh track playing in the background?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    As our son was crawling all over him tonight (Husband had a limo run and I let little man stay up late to visit and watch the Buckeyes!)...
    Me: you're going to be outnumbered in a few months with two of them crawling on you
    Him: yea, but you're already outnumbered ) I'm the only female in the house, including our dog)
    Me: but I'm the queen of the castle
    Him: yea, queen, well your peasants are plentiful and stinky as he passes gas and my son starts giggling uncontrollably  :D