June 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

Lets hear them ladies!

Re: FFFC

• Options
    My husband is in the dog house big time!  He got a speeding ticket on Wednesday on his way to a group cycling event. All because he slept through his alarm and was going to be late/miss the group. So now we wait for the ticket in the mail to see how much the fine is. I'm still on maternity leave and we don't have money to spend on a ticket!  Ugh. Men. 
  • Options
    I'm super happy that my husbands family canceled their trip here this weekend! Relief

Also, I really wish I had a close friend. The kind I could confide in, and really trust to have my back no matter what. It's been years since I've had that, and while I'm very independent and usually ok being the one who helps hold everyone else together, I could really use someone like that right now. (Pitty party over here today).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here's a super nasty FFFC:  My MIL hasn't met the baby yet and I don't care if she never does. (Very complicated relationship between her and DH coupled with mental illness and alcoholism).
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I'm super happy that my husbands family canceled their trip here this weekend! Relief

Also, I really wish I had a close friend. The kind I could confide in, and really trust to have my back no matter what. It's been years since I've had that, and while I'm very independent and usually ok being the one who helps hold everyone else together, I could really use someone like that right now. (Pitty party over here today).
    I feel you here, none of my girlfriends have children so it has become hard to relate to them. I love them dearly but they don't understand my schedule, or my anxiety/reluctance about leaving Savannah for a day or night and it can be very frustrating. I wish I had close friends who lived nearby and were in the same place as I am in life.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options

I feel you here, none of my girlfriends have children so it has become hard to relate to them. I love them dearly but they don't understand my schedule, or my anxiety/reluctance about leaving Savannah for a day or night and it can be very frustrating. I wish I had close friends who lived nearby and were in the same place as I am in life.
    I agree with both of you and feel the same way!  None of my really close friends have children either.  Some of our friends have kids but they're older. So we can't exactly go hang out at the trampoline park with them. Lol. 

I guess we will have to stick with the bump mamas...and maybe we need to be Facebook friends (or create a group since apparently we didn't get the memo about the other one for June moms). 
  • Options
    Same on the good friend front.  I only recently found that I could confide in my husband's cousin's wife.  It kinda happened out of nowhere and we bonded over her son who is exactly one year older than Preston so he was born while we were TTC and she was there for me sharing all the great baby moments that I had to look forward to.  You never know when someone special will drop into your life.

My FFFC:. If I visit my mom for any reason (today it was to pick her up because she wanted to visit my brother) I always go to her house super hungry and eat a ton of her food so I can save money on buying lunch/food at my house.
  • Options
    Same on the good friend front.  I only recently found that I could confide in my husband's cousin's wife.  It kinda happened out of nowhere and we bonded over her son who is exactly one year older than Preston so he was born while we were TTC and she was there for me sharing all the great baby moments that I had to look forward to.  You never know when someone special will drop into your life.

My FFFC:. If I visit my mom for any reason (today it was to pick her up because she wanted to visit my brother) I always go to her house super hungry and eat a ton of her food so I can save money on buying lunch/food at my house.
    I would totally do that if I lived near family :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FFFC: Left Tristan like this for five minutes this morning while I got his bottles ready for daycare.  He was completely chill watching Good Morning America.

Ditto on having a close friend to confide in... Honestly sometimes I feel like it is too much work to maintain a friendship of that level.  Having my fellow bump mamas has been great and please do not move to Facebook... I don't do Facebook... Definitely do not have time for that level of drama.

• Options
    egirl1025 said:
    FFFC: Left Tristan like this for five minutes this morning while I got his bottles ready for daycare.  He was completely chill watching Good Morning America.

Ditto on having a close friend to confide in... Honestly sometimes I feel like it is too much work to maintain a friendship of that level.  Having my fellow bump mamas has been great and please do not move to Facebook... I don't do Facebook... Definitely do not have time for that level of drama.

I had Savannah on my lap facing the TV and I was talking/singing to her, etc. I thought she was happy with me, but then I turned off the TV and she started whaling!! I can't believe she likes TV so much already :#
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    egirl1025 said:

I had Savannah on my lap facing the TV and I was talking/singing to her, etc. I thought she was happy with me, but then I turned off the TV and she started whaling!! I can't believe she likes TV so much already :#
    My kid has loved TV from day one and I just cringe at how much he is enamored by it.  I suppose it is bright colors and sounds...content probably leaves a bit to be desired.  I do not know if I will have the stamina to limit TV as he gets older.  My little sister, who by the way has no children, vows that hers will never watch TV.  I say good luck to you!!  Being home alone with an infant, with no one to talk to and see if you don't turn on the TV for company.  I watched so much on maternity leave, but none of it really registered.  It was mostly just to have background noise of people talking.  Music didn't always cut it.
  • Options
    I watch tv when Damien naps since he tends to nap for awhile, gives me time to do some chores and relax. I've been watching a hell of a lot of Supernatural (never saw it before). Damien gets a dosage of football on Sundays though.

My confession: I haven't made a huge effort to make my own friends here because part of me hopes we will move to the States. 
  • Options
    Another one. 

If if I don't find a new work from home or PT job soon I'm going to go crazy. Yes I'm busier when I'm working, but I haven't been unemployed for longer than 3 months since I was 17, and is taking a toll on my self esteem (even though I know it shouldn't). All I've been doing since DS was born is freelance stuff when I can get it. 

BabyFruit Ticker