1st Trimester
Options

8 weeks pregnant and sppoting

Hello, this is my second pregnancy after 9 years. After a long process of IVF procedures got pregnant with one of my frozen embryos. I am 8 weeks and couple days pregnant  and last night I started sppoting light brown, very watery. Today in the morning i saw light pink discharge and got frick out. This never happen to me before and this is kind of scary. I called the nurse and they told me it could be because of the progesterone vaginal suppository. Now I dont see anything in my patties but I see light red when I wipe. Have any of you experienced this before and had a successful pregnancy? 

Re: 8 weeks pregnant and sppoting

• Options
    I had some spotting with my daughter and every turned out to be fine. When do you have your next u/s appointment? Spotting can be normal in pregnancy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options

Spotting is common in early pregnancy.  Some women notice it around the time the placenta is implanting (which is about where you are now), or it could easily be due to the suppository - your cervix is extra sensitive when you are pregnant, so if the suppository was to brush the cervix it could easily bleed.  Many women have spotting after a transvaginal ultrasound, cervical check, or sex throughout pregnancy for that reason.

If the nurse said not to worry, try not to worry- though if you start to see actual red flow, definitely call back and insist on going in.  try to avoid the ER unless you are REALLY bleeding - they're not great with this kind of thing, and basically just diagnose every bleeding incident as "threatened miscarriage" without any resolution until you can see your OBGYN or RE.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Spotting is even more common with IVF patients from what I've heard. FX that it's nothing and clears up soon!
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant and started spotting very light brown last Wednesday when I was 6 weeks and 5 days. It has been very, very light brown spotting only when I wipe. This morning it was light pink and has since gone back to light brown. I understand the worry! I am absolutely terrified and have been crying on and off in fear that I will lose the baby. I have an U/S tomorrow and am praying to see a little heartbeat. I'm not sure what would be causing the spotting. There are no cramps and I am on oral progesterone tablets. Good luck to you - you are not alone! 
  • Options
    I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and started spotting last night. I'm freaking out since I've never experienved this before with any of my successful pregnancies. I'm going for an ultrasound tomorrow and just praying that things are ok <3 Prayers for the others going through this as well.
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    I started spotting at 8 weeks and everything turned out fine! They think it was implantation bleeding. You do want to find out if you are RH negative though. If you have bleeding you need a rhogam shot. Something to ask your doctor about