May 2017 Moms

Possible blighted ovum... Waiting game has begun.....

Hi all. So I went in for my ultrasound today. According to LMP I should be 8 weeks and 2 days. The Dr was able to see a gestational sac but no heart beat. She sent me to the ultrasound tech in office that has a better machine. She saw the sac but nothing else, no heartbeat and no fetal pole, only "debris". She said my sac in measuring to 6 weeks and 3 days. The woman had no bedside manner told me I had a blighted ovam and sent me back to the doctor. 

I get back to the Dr and she sees me crying and said that its still too early to determine that this pregnancy is not viable. They did my labs to count my levels and have me go back on Friday for another lab to see if the levels went up or down. I also go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound.

Is there a chance that I'm only 6 weeks?? I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks (according to my lmp) which seems super early so the math isn't adding up if I'm 2 weeks behind. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm trying to stay positive but this waiting game is driving me crazy!

Re: Possible blighted ovum... Waiting game has begun.....

• I'm so sorry. Waiting is very hard. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry. Limbo is the worst. There's a chance baby implanted late or your dates are off. I had a blighted ovum in January. They did a few scans and bloodwork before officially diagnosing it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow so sorry to hear. Keep us posted we'll be thinking of you.
  • Thanks! This is going to be a very hard 2 weeks.
  • @kellyk425  So sorry you are going through this.  I'm going through a similar thing.  I also should be 8 weeks 1 day and the sac is only measuring 6 weeks with no heart beat and no fetal pole. Just happened this morning as well.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Thanks. My prayers to you as well 
  • I thought I was 8 weeks 5 days based on my lmp, when I went in for an ultrasound I measured 6 weeks 1 day. We saw the heartbeat but the tech said we were lucky to see it because it was a really early. There is a chance that maybe it's just too early for your baby's heartbeat. Sorry your going through this, waiting must be terribly hard... T&P
  • Sorry you have to wait for answers. I had a blighted ovum at the beginning of the year but I knew when I ovulated so when I measured a week behind, I knew the pregnancy had stopped growing. However, if you tested positive at 3 weeks, there is a slight chance that you ovulated late and your sac is just measuring a couple of days behind. T&Ps for you! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I'm so sorry to hear this. [[hugs]] My thoughts are with you.
  • I'm so sorry. 'Blighted ovum' is such a crappy, stupid thing to call something so heartbreaking

I hope you get some answers and out of limbo soon
  • @kellyk425 I'm in a similar situation right now. I should be 8 wks and my u/s yesterday only measured to 6 wks 2 days. In my case they saw a fetal pole, but no heart beat. I'm also waiting for blood work results to see if HCG has gone up/down and I have a follow up u/s. 

I really hope you had a later ovulation or late implantation. The waiting sucks. Hopefully you are having a better time with it than I am. 
  • I went in  this morning to have NY labs done to check my levels. The doctor will call me on Monday and let me know if they went up or down. This is going to be a looooong weekend. 
  • I'm so sorry for the waiting game. Also the poor bedside manner of the tech. I wish they gave them sensitivity training for cases like this.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Please keep an open mind and stay positive <3

Waiting is hard, but you will get through these next 2 weeks!

Keep us updated.

Sending positive vibes you way!! --->>>>

------------->>>>>>>>

-------->>>>>>>>

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker