October 2015 Moms
Options

Weight loss troubles..

I am so bummed and frustrated and ready to give up. I joined a new gym mid August, it's a maternal wellness place so it's geaRed towards moms and babies. I love love it. I've been going 4-5x a week since then, and to my other gym about once a week. I've been watching what I eat (granted, this could definitely be improved). But I've gained about 5 lbs and it's not water weight or muscle (my scale measures all of that). I am so depressed. I am busting my ass and sore all the time and for what.. Nothing. 

Re: Weight loss troubles..

• Options
    carmv01carmv01 member
    edited October 2016
    Do you have any particular fitness goals besides losing weight? My only advice would be to set specific, realistic goals and then build your routine around achieving them. I'm an obstacle racer that is currently on a mommy-hiatus from racing and nowadays I'm mostly a weight-lifter, focusing on squats, deadlifts, and bench press, lots of pullups with some running or rowing for some cardio. I will set small goals such as lifting X amount of weight by a certain time, or increasing my max number of pullups, for example. Before baby, my husband and I would sign up for obstacle races because it gave us something concrete to train for and work towards. I find that those little goals, whatever they are, give you something to focus your training on rather than a number on the scale. We found that if we stayed focused and hit our goals and continued to set new ones, changes to our physique followed naturally and we'd see noticeable differences in our bodies, but it takes a LONG time, several months even. Set some small goals for yourself that you can achieve, make them reasonable, and be patient :)

ETA: Plus, the feeling of accomplishment when you can finally do something that you previously couldn't do, whether it's a pullup, or running a 5k or half marathon, is enough to make you want to keep going and keep working at getting better, and you may find yourself naturally eating better as you work towards your goals!
  • Options
    No I was just hoping to fit back into my clothes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am exactly the same, I literally have a whole wardrobe from pre pregnancy days that I would like to fit in to but I can't seem to get there! I swear it was never this hard to lose weight before.
  • Options
    the problem of extra weight after pregnancy is in hormone disbalance. So you should ask your doctor about it. Also maybe it can be because your metabolism is slower then before. So you can try the pressure therapy for accelerate metabolism. I used this procedure during two month and I can notice I lost 4 kg and few cm on my weist.
  • Options
    the problem of extra weight after pregnancy is in hormone disbalance. So you should ask your doctor about it. Also maybe it can be because your metabolism is slower then before. So you can try the pressure therapy for accelerate metabolism. I used this procedure during two month and I can notice I lost 4 kg and few cm on my weist.